Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Julio Jones a Titan
(06-06-2021, 12:57 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: My two cents:  Julio Jones is a deep threat?  I like him, and he has had a hell of a career but is that what he was doing in Atlanta?  I thought his TD numbers were really low?

Julio was third in the league in yards per target last year (11.34).

The only two players who bested Julio in both yards per game (85.7) and yards per catch (15.1) were Justin Jefferson and Calvin Ridley.  Julio had a higher "yards per target" than either of those guys.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2021, 01:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Julio was third in the league in yards per target last year (11.34).

The only two players who bested Julio in both yards per game (85.7) and yards per catch (15.1) were Justin Jefferson and Calvin Ridley.  Julio had a higher "yards per target" than either of those guys.

Green had numbers like that his last season before another injury and then he seemed to drop off a cliff.  In fact, Jones' 15.1 YPR was identical to Green's 15.1 in 2018, and ironically, in the same number of games played (9).  I don't think the TItans gave up too much for him, but I just don't see him as the deep threat he is being made out to be.  He has 9 TDs in his last 24 games.  Still, a good signing for them.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2021, 07:15 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Green had numbers like that his last season before another injury and then he seemed to drop off a cliff.  In fact, Jones' 15.1 YPR was identical to Green's 15.1 in 2018, and ironically, in the same number of games played (9).  I don't think the TItans gave up too much for him, but I just don't see him as the deep threat he is being made out to be.  He has 9 TDs in his last 24 games.  Still, a good signing for them.  

He should still help just by being on the field and commanding some attention
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2021, 06:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Your opinion on the Browns seems to be a popular one.  I don't see them that way at all.  They have one of the most balanced offenses in the league with a great offensive line, probably one of the best RB rooms in the NFL, and a solid array of receiving talent.  They added Clowney opposite Garrett, and they have a very solid draft.  I think they are the team to beat. 

The steelers have a lot of cap issues and lost some of their key pieces from the defense that was their strength a year ago.

The Ravens are kind of an enigma.  They were pretty close last year, but they too have lost some talent.  I think that as much as Lamar Jackson runs the ball, he may be living on borrowed time.  

The Bengals?  All boils down to health for me.  Best case scenario:  they are all healthy for most of the season and they end up a 10 or 11 win team.  One this is for sure:  If they make the playoffs, they will have earned it.  Their division is loaded and having the Packers and Chiefs on the schedule won't help.  I'm hoping they are opposite of last year and have a quick start.

I have to admit it, as someone that is a bit of a conspiracy theorist on the NFL, as bad as last year's schedule was for the Bengals (starting off with some of the best pass rush teams in the league) this year's looks really favorable.  Of course, we don't really know how different the teams will look this  year, but the early part of the schedule is much easier than last year's and a quick start could have this young team full of confidence and a tough matchup down the stretch.  

All great points, the Stains are stacked in the trenches which is why I also don't overlook them anymore.

Mayfield isn't terrible either and made some great throws against us last year to beat us. The way the Stealers fell off late 
last year and losing to us in such terrible fashion with our backup QB sure makes you think they are finally going to be at 
the basement of the Division as long as we have improved as much as I think we have in the trenches.

The Ratbirds will be good when Lamar is healthy, cause yeah, one hit can change everything with Lamar.

Also completely agree about our schedule, if we can get a quick start and win some games early it could be the start of 
our turnaround under our new Franchise QB.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2021, 02:48 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: He should still help just by being on the field and commanding some attention

True.  I remember being shocked when Cleveland put Ward on Green.  Of course, that helped HIggins and Boyd have big days, but you are right that he will either draw coverage or (more likely) benefit from the coverage directed at Brown.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote