Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Julio Jones gets his deal
(09-07-2019, 06:42 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: too much money for a anybody not named Tom Brady

Eh, Rodgers, Mahomes, Brees, Wilson, etc all deserve big money.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
If nothing else being low drama should raise AJ's stock but yeah the circumstances are tough on him. This would've been a good year to earn a top 3 contract but with the injury that hurts him and that is no one's fault really. Maybe he let's the Bengals tag him so he can earn that top 3 contract. Otherwise it will be decent money but not above 18 million a year. And again, that isn't AJ's fault or the Bengals, it is just how things worked out.

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 04:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. The only thing AJ is better at is scoring TDs. Which despite how much we shit on Ross, is pretty important.

AJ 63 TD
Julio 51 TD

In the end this is why I believe AJ is better but everyone including him should take into account his recent injury history 
for his next contract. Scoring TD's is what wins games man but you have to be on the field to do that and lately he hasn't
been as much as Julio who has been down at the school yard.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 07:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: In the end this is why I believe AJ is better but everyone including him should take into account his recent injury history 
for his next contract. Scoring TD's is what wins games man but you have to be on the field to do that and lately he hasn't
been as much as Julio who has been down at the school yard.

It's tough to compare them because Ryan is a better QB than Dalton. And the Falcons definitely have a better owner who puts more resources into winning.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 09:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's tough to compare them because Ryan is a better QB than Dalton. And the Falcons definitely have a better owner who puts more resources into winning.

Not going to argue with any of that Pistons.

I am a big Dalton supporter but he ain't no Matt Ryan that is for sure.
Reply/Quote
The season for AJ right now has yet to be known. We don't know if he comes out guns a blazin or if he comes out flat and slow. If he comes right out after he's healthy again and wrecks havoc on defenses maybe scoring upward of 10 TDs or more he'll get whatever his agent demands or close to it. If, on the other hand he's still plagued with nagging injuries or just doesn't gel this season his payday won't be anywhere near what is expected. I'll wait till the season's over or till AJ's season is over before commenting on what it should or shouldn't be.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 06:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think IF AJ wants to be here, which all indications are that he does...he'd take a 3-4 year deal for $15 million per.

IF he wants to chase a ring, he may take less elsewhere.

That said, IF he comes back and gets injured again...the Bengals may want to do what they do with Eifert and give him a 1 year deal or let him move on. I'd hate to see that as I like Green and the way he plays.

This injury may be a key point in where AJ ends up.  It looked like we were on pace for a team-friendly and bafflingly loyal deal with AJ so he could stay a Bengal...but this injury makes it look like he's going to start weighing 1-year options which starts to open the floor to more teams looking to plug him in and make a run.

Just my take, we will see what happens but the more likely it comes to AJ's next deal being a short-term "prove it" deal, the more likely he ends up somewhere else.  The guy is super loyal to the Bengals, but maybe not loyal enough to just take a one year deal without looking around.
Reply/Quote
Why in the hell are we posting threads about players on other teams getting contracts, in Jungle Noise?? :paul:

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 10:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Why in the hell are we posting threads about players on other teams getting contracts, in Jungle Noise?? :paul:

Agreed... But I think people are just speculating that AJ Green will want similar money.

Or maybe it's because we could've drafted him. Or maybe it's because the Browns could've drafted him.

Damn... People are sweating the Browns now, but they could've had Julio, Saquan Barkley, Patrick Mahomes... Looks like they still ****** it all up after all.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 09:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not going to argue with any of that Pistons.

I am a big Dalton supporter but he ain't no Matt Ryan that is for sure.

Pay close attention to when Zimmer's boys are getting after him tomorrow. I think you'll see more similarities than you might think.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
No Way AJ Green gets an extension from the Bengals.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote