Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Julio Jones gets his deal
3 years 66 million. 64 of that guaranteed. Yikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The best part of that deal is the shorter term
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd argue that Jones is the best WR in the league.

But that is too much damn money for a WR.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 02:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I'd argue that Jones is the best WR in the league.

But that is too much damn money for a WR.

It’s too much for any non-QB

Reply/Quote
Bengals were prepared to give AJ something similar before injury. AJ would deserves it been a class player both on and off the field.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 02:13 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Bengals were prepared to give AJ something similar before injury. AJ would deserves it been a class player both on and off the field.

I love AJ but that would be insane.

Jones has only missed 3 games over the last 5 seasons and AVERAGED 105 catches for 1600 yards.  Green has never even sniffed those types of numbers.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 02:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote:  

I love AJ but that would be insane.

Jones has only missed 3 games over the last 5 seasons and AVERAGED 105 catches for 1600 yards.  Green has never even sniffed those types of numbers.

He plays in a dome. AJ is the better redzone player/ scoring TD's in general
Reply/Quote
I hope AJ is professional enough to know that his injuries and missed time should factor into the negotiations. He’s not getting anything in the neighborhood of Julio’s deal, but he definitely deserves to get a good deal.

[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Julio missed all his games early in his career. It’s pretty remarkable he’s staying so healthy in his older years. It’s supposed to be the other way around...

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 02:22 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: He plays in a dome. AJ is the better redzone player/ scoring TD's in general

He also plays with a much better QB. I’m sure AJ would put up similar numbers playing with Ryan.

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 02:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He also plays with a much better QB. I’m sure AJ would put up similar numbers playing with Ryan.

Im eager too find out what Andy does with a good offensive mind for a change. I think Andy has been a victim of bad offensive coaching
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 02:23 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I hope AJ is professional enough to know that his injuries and missed time should factor into the negotiations. He’s not getting anything in the neighborhood of Julio’s deal, but he definitely deserves to get a good deal.

Agreed, AJ is all class, he knows whats up and why his situation is different.
Reply/Quote
I am not going to start putting Green down just to make Julio look better, but Jones is a bigger, better athlete than Green and has the same body control.

They were at the combine together.  Jones was 10 lbs heavier but still left Green in the dust in the 40 (4.39 to 4.50), long jump (11'3" to 10'6"), vertical (38.5 to 34.5), and 3 cone (6.66 to 6.91).

Jones is one of the greatest athletes to ever play in the NFL.  He long jumped over 24 feet in high school and was state champion in Long Jump, Triple Jump, and High Jump his sophomore and junior years.  He could have been an Olympic track athlete if he had gone in that direction.

Julio holds multiple NFL receiving records including career yards per game (96.7), most games with 250+ yards (3), most seasons with 1600 yds (2), most consecutive seasons with 1400+ yds (4)
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 02:22 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: He plays in a dome. AJ is the better redzone player/ scoring TD's in general

Green has scored 18 TD's the past 3 years.
2018 -6    2017 - 8      2014 - 4 Average if 6 TDs per year

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GreeA.00.htm

To put in perspective, same receiver a lot of fans hate John Ross had 7 TD's in 2018.

AJ is nowhere close to Julio Jones or AB production the past 3 years which is what his future contract should be based, not his high character (great guy) or his Heisman Trophy ability. Trophy given for results, not for ability.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 02:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He also plays with a much better QB. I’m sure AJ would put up similar numbers playing with Ryan.

Would he? AJ has not been durable, but Jones has been. Can't put up numbers when off the field due to injury. We know that as look at Green's numbers the past 3 years compared to Jones.

Night and day who has better results and commands much higher contract

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

It is more about the quantity than the quality.

Dalton has never attempted 600 passes in a season and has only reached 500 four times.

Ryan has attempted 500+ passes 9 straight years and has 5 seasons with more than 600.

But it still takes more than just a good QB to have a season with 136 receptions for 1871 yards.
Reply/Quote
we can all agree that Zampeze was horrible. Lazor was mediocre. now give AJ and Dalton a full season with a good coordinator lets see what they could do. This injury by AJ puts us in a pickle because if AJ balls out when he returns we will have to franchise him and he may wind up making more than Julio.
Reply/Quote
I don't see AJ getting this from Cincinnati. That is just too much for a guy that has injury issues.

Sucks but unless he stays for less.. I'd say he be gone
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 03:12 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: I don't see AJ getting this from Cincinnati.   That is just too much for a guy that has injury issues.

Sucks but unless he stays for less..  I'd say he be gone

Green won't get that type of money anywhere.

He never put up the type of numbers Julio has but even more important he has missed 13 games over the last three years and is going to miss a few more this year.

It has been 6 years since Green had his ONE season with 1400+ yards.  Last year Jones had 1400+ yds for the fourth straight season.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 03:12 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: I don't see AJ getting this from Cincinnati.   That is just too much for a guy that has injury issues.

Sucks but unless he stays for less..  I'd say he be gone

This comparison of AJ to Julio has one common denominator, they were drafted in round 1 within 2 picks of each other. As far as career, Green has 80% of the production of Jones.

So 66 million X .80% = $52.8 million over 3 years or over 17 million a year versus Julio's 22 million

Still great money for a WR, so AJ should be thrilled if he could get that contract of 3 years for 52.8 million

Reply/Quote