Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Julio to the Bucs
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
The Titans released Julio for a reason. Maybe a change of scenery will help him do better.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I remember when the Bucs had no salary cap and a billion FAs.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
One year, base salary of $6 mil, max value of $8 mil. Not terrible. Worth keeping an eye on these vet WR contracts in case the FO tries to sign us a little WR depth
Reply/Quote
Is Julio the NFL equivalent of Kevin Durant?
Needing to go to a stacked team to win a championship?
Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Having Julio as your #4 WR does not suck.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 09:38 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Having Julio as your #4 WR does not suck.

Yeah, it's kind of absurd. Signed Kyle Rudolph to be their #2 TE and Julio Jones to be their #4 WR. Now I don't think either of those guys are likely great starters anymore, but if you're signing them to be depth then it's just amazing.

They have Breshad Perriman as their #5 or #6 WR now. Embarrassment of riches.

I'll still take the Bengals top 3 WRs over their top 3 WRs, but damn that depth is impressive. Wish the Bengals made a better effort on getting a new #4 WR and #2 TE.

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 09:38 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Having Julio as your #4 WR does not suck.

Meanwhile, the Bengals have...
Thomas? Morgan? Irwin? Taylor?

#NoBueno
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 09:52 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, it's kind of absurd. Signed Kyle Rudolph to be their #2 TE and Julio Jones to be their #4 WR. Now I don't think either of those guys are likely great starters anymore, but if you're signing them to be depth then it's just amazing.

They have Breshad Perriman as their #5 or #6 WR now. Embarrassment of riches.

I'll still take the Bengals top 3 WRs over their top 3 WRs, but damn that depth is impressive. Wish the Bengals made a better effort on getting a new #4 WR and #2 TE.

I dunno, I think it's pretty close.

Russell Gage is a sleeper WR3. He put up 786 and 770 yards the past two seasons in ATL.
Mike Evans has never had a season under 1000 yards. Sitting at 9301 yards and 75 TDs in just 8 seasons.
Godwin is just as good as, if not a bit better than, Higgins.

Julio definitely makes their Top 4 better than the Bengals Top 4 though.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 10:17 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I dunno, I think it's pretty close.

Russell Gage is a sleeper WR3. He put up 786 and 770 yards the past two seasons in ATL.
Mike Evans has never had a season under 1000 yards. Sitting at 9301 yards and 75 TDs in just 8 seasons.
Godwin is just as good as, if not a bit better than, Higgins.

Julio definitely makes their Top 4 better than the Bengals Top 4 though.

Evans and Godwin are great, but I think they're far enough in their career that they have pretty much shown their ceiling. Chase and Higgins still have that beautiful thing called potential we can hope/expect. I expect both of them to be better in 2022 than they were in 2021 (health provided). Really excited to see if Chase takes a step forward from 2021.

Yeah, for 2022 alone their top 4/5/6 are all better than the Bengals, I was just saying in a pure top 3 comparison.

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 10:55 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Evans and Godwin are great, but I think they're far enough in their career that they have pretty much shown their ceiling. Chase and Higgins still have that beautiful thing called potential we can hope/expect. I expect both of them to be better in 2022 than they were in 2021 (health provided). Really excited to see if Chase takes a step forward from 2021.

Yeah, for 2022 alone their top 4/5/6 are all better than the Bengals, I was just saying in a pure top 3 comparison.

I get about potential, but I thought we were talking about for 2022 specifically. It's very possible Boyd and/or Higgins might not be here in 2023, almost assuredly one of them will be gone in 2024, I believe.

It could see Higgins being a 1200+ yard WR, especially if he were WR1 in targets. But we know Godwin is a 1300+ yard WR too, so he's right there with Higgins, even at Higgins' full potential, IMO.
It will be hard for Chase to continually top his rookie year, IMO. It's not easy perennially getting 1400+ yards.
So while I think he is (or will be) better than Evans, I think Godwin is a bit better than Higgins. And Gage I think is a bit behind Boyd.
But as a collective Top 3, I think it's close.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 11:01 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I get about potential, but I thought we were talking about for 2022 specifically. It's very possible Boyd and/or Higgins might not be here in 2023, almost assuredly one of them will be gone in 2024, I believe.

It could see Higgins being a 1200+ yard WR, especially if he were WR1 in targets. But we know Godwin is a 1300+ yard WR too, so he's right there with Higgins, even at Higgins' full potential, IMO.
It will be hard for Chase to continually top his rookie year, IMO. It's not easy perennially getting 1400+ yards.
So while I think he is (or will be) better than Evans, I think Godwin is a bit better than Higgins. And Gage I think is a bit behind Boyd.
But as a collective Top 3, I think it's close.

Yes, for 2022 specifically. I think they'll both take a step forward over last year.

Chase is really what puts the trio over for me, though I would also take Boyd over Gage for at least just 2022.

I don't think he'll continually top it, but he can still do better. Bringing it back to the reason of this thread, Julio Jones went on a 6 year run there where he averaged 1,564 yards per season with a low of 1,394 (that stretch is what will put him in the HoF). Antonio Brown had a similar 6 year stretch. Chad had a 5 year stretch of nearly 1,400 yards per year in a time when defenses could still absolutely murder you (I sure wish I could see prime Chad vs modern defenses).

Justin Jefferson went from 1,400 to 1,600 yards from year 1 to 2. Passing numbers have been inflated since ~2011 and it's only gotten more so the last couple years (even MORE more so now with 17 game seasons and probably 18 in the near future). 

I think Chase can still take a big step forward, and a lot of that belief is really based around imagining how many more Moss'd plays we could have seen if Burrow had an extra .3-.5 seconds to allow Chase to roast a dude.

Reply/Quote
I think the Bucs have the 2nd best WR core behind ours with this signing.

Julio down at the schoolyard is about as good of a #4 WR signing as you could get.

Agree with TLL that we have the better top 3 WR's than the Bucs but they now have the best core overall for Brady to throw to.

We need depth behind Chase, Higgins and Boyd. This signing makes it look even more blatant.
Reply/Quote