Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great article on OL impact on offense
(07-28-2022, 12:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Carman was injured also.

Why is an injury a valid excuse for Williams, but not Carman?

Williams was on the IR the ENTIRE season. He was never relegated to a backup role, let alone a backup to awful players.

Carman was active and played in all 17 games and all 4 playoff games (on Special Teams), but was relegated to being a backup on offense to terrible players after a terrible showing as a starter. He played 100% of the snaps in a game where the Bengals played almost exclusively backups.

If you can't tell the difference between the two, I literally don't know what else to tell you.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 01:06 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: but was relegated to being a backup on offense to terrible players after a terrible showing as a starter. 

He did not lose his starting position until he was carted off the field with an injury against the Jets.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 01:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He did not lose his starting position until he was carted off the field with an injury against the Jets.

He wasn't a starter to begin the season, he wasn't a starter at the mid of the season, he wasn't a starter at the end of the season (besides the backups game), and he wasn't a starter in the playoffs.

He played in ALL of those 21 games on special teams.

It's a weak argument, Fred. He couldn't beat out Isaiah Prince or Hakeem Adeniji. That's about all we need to know. Have a good one.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 12:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is hard to say if Carman was healthy or not.  I know he was still being held out of practices during the playoffs for some injury reason.

The staff was working on Carmans back with rollers during the AFC championship.  It was on TV for everyone to see.  Carman was absolutely not healthy.  Its why he didnt play in the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 08:00 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: The staff was working on Carmans back with rollers during the AFC championship.  It was on TV for everyone to see.  Carman was absolutely not healthy.  Its why he didnt play in the Super Bowl.

I know for 1000% fact the staff was not happy with Carman and his unhealthy habits and work habits. From day 1 to the Super Bowl. However they are much impressed with him recently. Now I don’t know how he came into camp so it could have changed.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote