Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jungle Noise Questionnaire (2020 Edition)
(01-06-2020, 09:49 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: 12.) Name one previous player you'd like to return.

With all due respect to Whitworth he finally seems to be showing his age.

I'd take Marvin Jones.
Reply/Quote
About Skyline; the most unusual place I ever ate it was in a sports bar in Pasadena, CA that was a hangout for SoCal Bengals fans. I went there in the 2011 season and had my own booth with a 32 inch flatscreen but Bengals lost bad to Steelers. Someone brought Skyline but they used thick grated cheese instead of wispy and it was canned chili but still good. They had the onions grated well.
Reply/Quote
1.) Do you want us to draft Joe Burrow? YES, if there is not an insane trade offer
2.) Do you want Joe Burrow to start? YES
3.) Do you think we should keep Andy? NO, we need the money for other positions
4.) Do you think we should hss the tag on AJ? NO
5.) Do you think we should sign AJ to a multi-year contract? YES, short and reasonable
6.) Do you think being more active in free agency is a must this offseason? YES, need 2 impact FAs, LBer and OT
7.) Do you think we should replace at least one, if not both, of our coordinators? Need OC that calls plays
8.) Do you have faith in the Front Office to make the necessary moves this offseason to make us competitive in 2020? NO
9.) On a scale of 1-10, please rate your satisfaction level as a fan/customer? 5
10.) Did you think Zak Taylor deserved a 2nd season? YES
11.) Name one player you'd like to see cut. Bobby Hart
12.) Name one previous player you'd like to return. None
13.) Does this team win more than 6 games next year? YES
14.) UC or Xavier? University of Dayton
15.) Skyline or Goldstar? Skyline
16.) Favorite team other than Bengals (Non-NFL)? Reds
17.) Best comedy show of all time? Too many
18.) Best comedy movie of all time? Too many
19.) Best sports movie off time? North Dallas Forty
20.) Favorite musical artist off time? Prince
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 10:09 AM)fredtoast Wrote: With all due respect to Whitworth he finally seems to be showing his age.

I'd take Marvin Jones.

Exactly the way I worded my answer to that question.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
1.) Do you want us to draft Joe Burrow? YES
3.) Do you think we should keep Andy? NO
5.) Do you think we should sign AJ to a multi-year contract? NO
6.) Do you think being more active in free agency is a must this offseason? YES x 100
7.) Do you think we should replace at least one, if not both, of our coordinators? YES
8.) Do you have faith in the Front Office to make the necessary moves this offseason to make us competitive in 2020? NO ...unfortunately.
9.) On a scale of 1-10, please rate your satisfaction level as a fan/customer? 4
11.) Name one player you'd like to see cut. BOBBY HART
12.) Name one previous player you'd like to return. MEH, none
13.) Does this team win more than 6 games next year? DEPENDS, BUT PROBABLY NOT
14.) UC or Xavier? Neither, BTFU!
15.) Skyline or Gold Star? SKYLINE
16.) Favorite team other than Bengals (Non-NFL)? PURDUE SPORTS
17.) Best comedy show of all time? THE LEAGUE
18.) Best comedy movie of all time? GHOSTBUSTERS
19.) Best sports movie off time? HOOSIERS
20.) Favorite musical artist? IN FLAMES (Jesper Stromblad era)
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 10:09 AM)fredtoast Wrote: With all due respect to Whitworth he finally seems to be showing his age.

I'd take Marvin Jones.

But sadly he’d still probably be one of our 3 best olinemen. And he could retire in stripes.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 01:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: But sadly he’d still probably be one of our 3 best olinemen. And he could retire in stripes.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

He is still solid, but would love to see him retire a Bengal
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
1.) Do you want us to draft Joe Burrow? Maybe
2.) Do you want Joe Burrow to start? If that is the pick
3.) Do you think we should keep Andy? NO
5.) Do you think we should sign AJ to a multi-year contract? sign and trade if possible
6.) Do you think being more active in free agency is a must this offseason? Definitely
7.) Do you think we should replace at least one, if not both, of our coordinators? YES
8.) Do you have faith in the Front Office to make the necessary moves this offseason to make us competitive in 2020? lmao ? .
9.) On a scale of 1-10, please rate your satisfaction level as a fan/customer? 1
12.) Name one previous player you'd like to return. Odell Thurman
13.) Does this team win more than 6 games next year? Front office won’t make the necessary moves
14.) UC or Xavier? Neither
15.) Skyline or Gold Star? Never had either
16.) Favorite team other than Bengals (Non-NFL)? Pittsburgh Pirates
17.) Best comedy show of all time? Chappelle Show, Arrested Development
18.) Best comedy movie of all time? The Big Lebowski
19.) Best sports movie off time? Long Gone
20.) Favorite musical artist? Nirvana
Reply/Quote
2.) Do you want Joe Burrow to start? IF HE'S READY
3.) Do you think we should keep Andy? TRADE, BUT IF WE CAN'T FIND A TRADE PARTNER THERE MAY BE MORE VALUE IN KEEPING HIM. $17M IS A LOT BUT WE'D NEED TO PAY A BACK-UP ANYWAY AND HE'D BE AN EXCELLENT MENTOR, A CAPABLE BACK-UP AND AT THE END WE'D LIKELY GET A DECENT COMPENSATORY PICK WHICH WOULD GIVE US A MORE COST CONTROLLED PLAYER GOING FORWARD THAN USING THE SALARY THROUGH FREE AGENCY
4.) Do you think we should hss the tag on AJ? IF WE HAVEN'T SIGNED HIM, TAG AND TRADE
5.) Do you think we should sign AJ to a multi-year contract? YES, IF HE PASSES THE MEDICAL. IT'S A RISK BUT THE UPSIDE IS A STAR PLAYER IF HE STAYS FIT. THOSE TYPES OF PLAYERS DON'T COME TO CINCINNATI THROUGH FREE AGENCY
6.) Do you think being more active in free agency is a must this offseason? MORE ACTIVE THAN JOHN MILLER AND BW WEBB? YES, BUT THAT'S NOT SAYING MUCH. THE FOCUS SHOULD STILL BE ON BUILDING LONG TERM THROUGH THE DRAFT, BUT USING FREE AGENCY TO PLUG SHORT TERM GAPS
7.) Do you think we should replace at least one, if not both, of our coordinators? NO, SOME CONTINUITY IS NEEDED. ON D IT WOULD BE THE 5TH D CO-ORDINATOR IN 4 YEARS. YOU CAN'T WIN LIKE THAT. ON O I THINK ZAC WILL GIVE UP PLAY-CALLING SOONER RATHER THAN LATER
8.) Do you have faith in the Front Office to make the necessary moves this offseason to make us competitive in 2020? 6-10 COMPETITIVE OR 10-6 COMPETITIVE? YES TO THE FORMER, NO TO THE LATTER. THE DRAFTS SINCE 2015 HAVEN'T BEEN GOOD ENOUGH AND TOBIN SHOULD COME UNDER MORE SCRUTINY FOR THAT
9.) On a scale of 1-10, please rate your satisfaction level as a fan/customer? 4
10.) Did you think Zak Taylor deserved a 2nd season? NOT SURE IF DESERVED IS THE RIGHT WORD BUT HE WAS CHOSEN AS SOMEONE WHO'D GROW INTO THE JOB WITH TIME. YOU DON'T GIVE UP ON SOMEONE LIKE THAT BEFORE THEY'VE HAD TIME TO LEARN FROM THEIR ROOKIE MISTAKES
11.) Name one player you'd like to see cut. TRY AND TRADE BEFORE CUTTING ANYONE. CUTS WILL ALSO DEPEND ON DRAFT.
12.) Name one previous player you'd like to return. STILL PLAYING - MARVIN JONES. ZEITLER WOULD BE HANDY TOO.
13.) Does this team win more than 6 games next year? NOT MORE NOT LESS IS MY PREDICTION.
14.) UC or Xavier? I'M INDIFFERENT TO BOTH
15.) Skyline or Goldstar? HAVE YET TO TASTE
16.) Favorite team other than Bengals (Non-NFL)? SOUTHEND UNITED
17.) Best comedy show of all time? BRASSEYE
18.) Best comedy movie of all time? AIRPLANE!
19.) Best sports movie off time? RAGING BULL
20.) Favorite musical artist off time? IT'S NOT SPORTS WHERE YOU ONLY HAVE ONE
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 01:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: But sadly he’d still probably be one of our 3 best olinemen. And he could retire in stripes.

(01-08-2020, 02:01 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

He is still solid, but would love to see him retire a Bengal

All for Whit coming back no doubt. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2020, 09:49 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: It's been awhile since I've done one of these. I figured rather than the usual general get to know you questions, I'd ask specific questions related to this team right now, and then mix in some just for fun stuff after.

It seems to me that there's a lot of confusion about certain opinions, accusations that there are those who think this, and this group that thinks that. And to be honest, as far as the board coming together, I think simply asking and answering questions will go a long way. At the very least, it will clarify both how indivjduals think and where majority actually lies.  I think a lot of that somehow gets lost in translation. There are many assumptions made, and too often words are taken for granted, or flat-out misunderstood.

***Note: Some of these questions may be met wity a "too early to tell" and that's cool. Just answer either N/A or whatever. Also, it may be easiest just to copy and paste the text, or quote only the question section for readability purposes. As always, I appreciate those who choose to participate...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.) Do you want us to draft Joe Burrow?  YES
2.) Do you want Joe Burrow to start?  YES
3.) Do you think we should keep Andy?  NO
4.) Do you think we should hss the tag on AJ?  YES
5.) Do you think we should sign AJ to a multi-year contract?  YES
6.) Do you think being more active in free agency is a must this offseason?  YES
7.) Do you think we should replace at least one, if not both, of our coordinators?  NO
8.) Do you have faith in the Front Office to make the necessary moves this offseason to make us competitive in 2020?  HELL NO
9.) On a scale of 1-10, please rate your satisfaction level as a fan/customer?  1
10.) Did you think Zak Taylor deserved a 2nd season?  YES
11.) Name one player you'd like to see cut.  BILLY PRICE
12.) Name one previous player you'd like to return.  Ever? ANTHONY MUNOZ. Now? ANDREW WHITWORTH
13.) Does this team win more than 6 games next year?  YES
14.) UC or Xavier?  UC
15.) Skyline or Goldstar?  I'M FROM NEW JERSEY, YOU PICK FOR ME. 
16.) Favorite team other than Bengals (Non-NFL)?  NEW YORK RANGERS/CINCINNATI REDS
17.) Best comedy show of all time?  FAMILY GUY
18.) Best comedy movie of all time?  TROPIC THUNDER/BLADES OF GLORY/CADDYSHACK
19.) Best sports movie off time?  MIRACLE
20.) Favorite musical artist off time?  TOO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM. 

Tomorrow, my answers may differ. 
Reply/Quote
Do you want us to draft Joe Burrow? Yes
2.) Do you want Joe Burrow to start? Yes
3.) Do you think we should keep Andy? No
4.) Do you think we should hss the tag on AJ? No
5.) Do you think we should sign AJ to a multi-year contract? Yes
6.) Do you think being more active in free agency is a must this offseason? Yes
7.) Do you think we should replace at least one, if not both, of our coordinators? Yes
8.) Do you have faith in the Front Office to make the necessary moves this offseason to make us competitive in 2020? ?
9.) On a scale of 1-10, please rate your satisfaction level as a fan/customer? 6.5
10.) Did you think Zak Taylor deserved a 2nd season? Yes
11.) Name one player you'd like to see cut. Dre
12.) Name one previous player you'd like to return. N/A
13.) Does this team win more than 6 games next year? Yes
14.) UC or Xavier? Xavier
15.) Skyline or Goldstar? Both
16.) Favorite team other than Bengals (Non-NFL)? XU basketball
17.) Best comedy show of all time? Seinfeld
18.) Best comedy movie of all time? Young Frankenstein
19.) Best sports movie off time? Hoosiers
20.) Favorite musical artist off time? Rolling Stones
Reply/Quote
1.) Do you want us to draft Joe Burrow?
Yes.

2.) Do you want Joe Burrow to start?

Not if the line is terrible and the receivers can't get separation.  May as well have a two year tank if that's the case.

3.) Do you think we should keep Andy?
Probably not.  The bridge has to be fairly close to being burned.  AD the person is phenomenal, AD the player is highly underrated, but I just think that it's time.

4.) Do you think we should hss the tag on AJ?

Probably.

5.) Do you think we should sign AJ to a multi-year contract?

Yes.  Especially if they can get him to sign a deal that's fair and has opt-out clauses if he doesn't stay on the field.

6.) Do you think being more active in free agency is a must this offseason?

Yes.  If they play dead, or pull the ole "gee, we tried to retain our own but another team overpaid.  We then proceeded to take the money that was allotted to our own guy and stuff it right up our rectum", then this team runs the risk of being historically bad for multiple years in a row.  It's an issue of confidence for the players and the fans I believe.

7.) Do you think we should replace at least one, if not both, of our coordinators?
I'd can the HC, OC, and DC if it were up to me.  They've done absolutely nothing to prove that they belong at those positions.  Zero.

8.) Do you have faith in the Front Office to make the necessary moves this offseason to make us competitive in 2020?

No.  I wouldn't trust them to screw in a lightbulb or to call a taxi.

9.) On a scale of 1-10, please rate your satisfaction level as a fan/customer?

3.  I still like a lot of these players.  I can tell that they try their balls off.  There are too many to list, but I enjoy watching them when they play well. 

10.) Did you think Zak Taylor deserved a 2nd season?

No.

11.) Name one player you'd like to see cut.

Nick Vigil.  I just think that it's time.  Something isn't clicking for him and he's too used to playing poorly here.  

12.) Name one previous player you'd like to return.

Josh Shaw.  Rex Burkhead if you put a gun to my head and say to name 2.

13.) Does this team win more than 6 games next year?

I find it to be highly unlikely.  I'm expecting 0-4 wins until Zac Taylor is canned.

14.) UC or Xavier?

Don't care.

15.) Skyline or Goldstar?

Skyline.

16.) Favorite team other than Bengals (Non-NFL)?

Bills NFL (what?)  I guess I like the Celtics and Sabres.

17.) Best comedy show of all time?

Saturday Night Live, Daily Show, Kids in the Hall, too many to pick just 1...

18.) Best comedy movie of all time?

The Meaning of Life

19.) Best sports movie off time?

Baseketball

20.) Favorite musical artist off time?

Rudimentary Peni
Reply/Quote
1.) Do you want us to draft Joe Burrow? Yes.  It is time for change.

2.) Do you want Joe Burrow to start? Yes.  I would not be upset for him to sit and eventually start/transition.

3.) Do you think we should keep Andy?  Yes and No.  Yes it would be nice for bridge/transition to Burrow but No because of his salary.  If I could trust the Front Office to use the money for other FAs I'd say bye bye to Andy for good.  We could always sign a cheaper vet QB.

4.) Do you think we should hss the tag on AJ? No, he's not elite anymore so he shouldn't be paid top dollar.  If it's a sign and trade then Yes.

5.) Do you think we should sign AJ to a multi-year contract? Yes, if the price is right.

6.) Do you think being more active in free agency is a must this offseason? Absolutely.  It doesn't have to be top FAs but no more guys who aren't even playing or have never played well their whole career(Hart).

7.) Do you think we should replace at least one, if not both, of our coordinators? Yes and HC if it was my decision.  He has done nothing to even prove he deserves to be a HC in the NFL(or OC for that matter). I'd be on board for Jay Gruden at some capacity and wouldn't mind the return of Hue Jackson either.

8.) Do you have faith in the Front Office to make the necessary moves this offseason to make us competitive in 2020? No.  Business as usual.  Bottom feeder FAs.  Disgruntled vets.

9.) On a scale of 1-10, please rate your satisfaction level as a fan/customer? 3 and only because I like some players on the team.  As an NFL franchise they are terrible.  Losing Season Ticket holders by the minute.  I know people who have been holders for 20+ years dumping them.  That's very telling.  A lot of holes in this sinking boat.  I have little faith in The Family and especially Tobin.

10.) Did you think Zak Taylor deserved a 2nd season? NO

11.) Name one player you'd like to see cut.  Hart obviously but DreK is getting paid too much.  It depends on his dead cap hit.

12.) Name one previous player you'd like to return. - Past?  Chad Johnson.  Present - J Joe

13.) Does this team win more than 6 games next year? 5 games and that's being generous.  It depends on if The Family does an about face to their approach... which I doubt.

14.) UC or Xavier? UC but the Buckeyes are my favorite NCAA team.  I'll root for the Washington Huskies too.

15.) Skyline or Goldstar? Skyline but Goldstar has better Chili Dogs.

16.) Favorite team other than Bengals (Non-NFL)? Used to be the Sonics.  Now I don't hardly watch pro basketball.

17.) Best comedy show of all time? Seinfeld.  Too many things that are relatable to real life that make it epic.  HIMYM is trailing just behind.  "You son of a beeeeech".

18.) Best comedy movie of all time? Spinal Tap for the musician in me.  I've had some of my own.  Office Space and Planes, Trains, and Automobiles gotta be up there.

19.) Best sports movie off time? The Natural because of the acting, but I could watch Happy Gilmore any day of the week.

20.) Favorite musical artist off time? Van Halen
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2020, 09:49 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: It's been awhile since I've done one of these. I figured rather than the usual general get to know you questions, I'd ask specific questions related to this team right now, and then mix in some just for fun stuff after.

It seems to me that there's a lot of confusion about certain opinions, accusations that there are those who think this, and this group that thinks that. And to be honest, as far as the board coming together, I think simply asking and answering questions will go a long way. At the very least, it will clarify both how indivjduals think and where majority actually lies.  I think a lot of that somehow gets lost in translation. There are many assumptions made, and too often words are taken for granted, or flat-out misunderstood.

***Note: Some of these questions may be met wity a "too early to tell" and that's cool. Just answer either N/A or whatever. Also, it may be easiest just to copy and paste the text, or quote only the question section for readability purposes. As always, I appreciate those who choose to participate...

1.) Do you want us to draft Joe Burrow? Yes if we keep the pick
2.) Do you want Joe Burrow to start? Yes if here
3.) Do you think we should keep Andy? No
4.) Do you think we should hss the tag on AJ? Yes if we don't sign him long term
5.) Do you think we should sign AJ to a multi-year contract? Yes
6.) Do you think being more active in free agency is a must this offseason? Depends on who is out there
7.) Do you think we should replace at least one, if not both, of our coordinators? No
8.) Do you have faith in the Front Office to make the necessary moves this offseason to make us competitive in 2020? No but I can dream
10.) Did you think Zak Taylor deserved a 2nd season? Yes thought the team did some good things at the end.
12.) Name one previous player you'd like to return. Whitworth
13.) Does this team win more than 6 games next year? At this point I have no idea
14.) UC or Xavier? Zip em up!
15.) Skyline or Goldstar? Skyline
16.) Favorite team other than Bengals (Non-NFL)? Cavs
17.) Best comedy show of all time? Scrubs
18.) Best comedy movie of all time?Team America
19.) Best sports movie off time? Remember the Titans
20.) Favorite musical artist off time? Linkin Park
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

1.) Do you want us to draft Joe Burrow?  Yes
2.) Do you want Joe Burrow to start?   Yes
3.) Do you think we should keep Andy?  No
4.) Do you think we should hss the tag on AJ?  No
5.) Do you think we should sign AJ to a multi-year contract?   No
6.) Do you think being more active in free agency is a must this offseason?  Yes
7.) Do you think we should replace at least one, if not both, of our coordinators?  Yes
8.) Do you have faith in the Front Office to make the necessary moves this offseason to make us competitive in 2020?  Not really
9.) On a scale of 1-10, please rate your satisfaction level as a fan/customer?  3
10.) Did you think Zak Taylor deserved a 2nd season?  Yes
11.) Name one player you'd like to see cut.   Hart
12.) Name one previous player you'd like to return.  Whitworth
13.) Does this team win more than 6 games next year?  Too soon to tell
14.) UC or Xavier?  UC
15.) Skyline or Goldstar?  Skyline
16.) Favorite team other than Bengals (Non-NFL)?  Roll Tide
17.) Best comedy show of all time?  How I Met Your Mother
18.) Best comedy movie of all time?  The Princess Bride
19.) Best sports movie off time?  Remember The Titans
20.) Favorite musical artist off time?  Dolly Parton
Reply/Quote
HERE WE GO!

1.) Do you want us to draft Joe Burrow?
     OUI
2.) Do you want Joe Burrow to start?
     OUI
3.) Do you think we should keep Andy?
     NON
4.) Do you think we should hss the tag on AJ?
     NON
5.) Do you think we should sign AJ to a multi-year contract?
     DEPENDS HOW MUCH but trade if favorable, oui.
6.) Do you think being more active in free agency is a must this offseason?
      OUI
7.) Do you think we should replace at least one, if not both, of our coordinators?
     NON
8.) Do you have faith in the Front Office to make the necessary moves this offseason to make us competitive in 2020?
    NON
9.) On a scale of 1-10, please rate your satisfaction level as a fan/customer?
    On the status quo? NON
10.) Did you think Zak Taylor deserved a 2nd season?
    NON but OUI
11.) Name one player you'd like to see cut.
    VIRGIL
12.) Name one previous player you'd like to return.
     NON
13.) Does this team win more than 6 games next year?
    OUI
14.) UC or Xavier?
    WHAT?
15.) Skyline or Goldstar?
    Captain Crunch
16.) Favorite team other than Bengals (Non-NFL)?
     FEMALE ROLLER DERBY LOCAL TEAM  http://www.tucsonrollerderby.com/
17.) Best comedy show of all time?
     The TOnight show with Johnny Carson
18.) Best comedy movie of all time?
      National Lampoon Vacation with CC 
19.) Best sports movie off time?
       Saving Private Ryan
20.) Favorite musical artist off time?
       Self
[/quote]
Reply/Quote
3.) Do you think we should keep Andy? no
4.) Do you think we should hss the tag on AJ? YES
5.) Do you think we should sign AJ to a multi-year contract? YES
6.) Do you think being more active in free agency is a must this offseason? YES
7.) Do you think we should replace at least one, if not both, of our coordinators? NO
8.) Do you have faith in the Front Office to make the necessary moves this offseason to make us competitive in 2020? NO CHANCE
9.) On a scale of 1-10, please rate your satisfaction level as a fan/customer? 10 (Joe Burrow is boosting my score by 10)
11.) Name one player you'd like to see cut. Price
12.) Name one previous player you'd like to return. Chad Johnson (Prime PLEASE and THANK YOU)
13.) Does this team win more than 6 games next year? I hope not, give me those picks
14.) UC or Xavier? Neither have 4 national championships
15.) Skyline or Goldstar? No
16.) Favorite team other than Bengals (Non-NFL)? Nets
17.) Best comedy show of all time? South Park (generational)
18.) Best comedy movie of all time? Cat Movie
19.) Best sports movie off time? Glory Roads
20.) Favorite musical artist off time? Depends on the vibe
Reply/Quote