Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm having a hard time
(06-11-2018, 02:03 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: they're screwed until the team is sold to new ownership with other revenue streams than the fleecing of cincinnati, probably in another market.  

basically the benals are screwed until they cease being the bengals.

Let's all chip in and buy the team!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2018, 02:03 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: they're screwed until the team is sold to new ownership with other revenue streams than the fleecing of cincinnati, probably in another market.  

basically the benals are screwed until they cease being the bengals.

The San Antonio Bengals has a nice ring to it. They could then move to the AFC South and Indianapolis can move to the North.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Obviously my paste in the post above was before the SB was played.
Reply/Quote
I have been down on the Bengals after the Steeler playoff loss 2 years ago and the failure to fire Marvin immediately after that game. I continue to think there was no excuse for that non-decision and that franchise has paid for its failure to fire Marv the last two seasons.

I also think Marv should have then been fired- at the end of both the 2016 and 2017 seasons.

But I have to give management credit for what I think has been one of the best off seasons in 2018 that I have observed for the Bengals- regardless of what pundits say.

Getting Glenn and the LB from Buffalo ( a very good free agent in his prime in an area of serious need) and then cutting ties with Pacman and Alexander and his favorite Bodine, adding Pollack and Van Pelt to staff  and  drafting Price ( best player for position of need) at least shows a serious effort to address weaknesses and improve the team.

I am also optimistic about our new D coordinator and what appears to be a more attacking defensive philosophy.

Not something I have observed in a long time and certainly not before the 2016 or 2017 seasons.

I seriously doubt the Bengals will go any where in playoffs with Marv as coach- assuming we make the playoffs- but at least they tried to get better this year.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2018, 01:22 PM)BengalD Wrote: Well, after being a fan since 68 - I climbed over that wall in about 2006.  Looking back since the beginning - the 2 super bowl span of years was pretty awesome.  Each off season was very optimistic, was almost as cockyish as the squeelers that the team had at least a 75% chance of making the playoffs and a 25% chance of advancing.  When Sam was showed the door - it hasn't been the same since.  And to put it in perspective the Capitals win a cup for the first time for their franchise since inception at 49 years (I think - will be corrected I'm sure). So the Bengals are now at over 50.  I got to the point where I now realize that no matter how much my passion or hope I have for this team - I have zero control over the outcome.   And of course - the advent of fantasy football has actually made me able to enjoy the play of other players and able to take the sting out of zero Bengals championships.  So I highly recommend keeping a stash of coldies in the frig, maintain some nice stereo equipment and when your feeling a little down - pop one (or four as the case may be) and sit back and enjoy the Ozzy!  Enjoy the ride - not the perceived destination.

Just dug this quick tid bit up - pasting below. You shouldn't feel so bad now! 

There are 13 NFL franchises that have not won a Super Bowl. The Bengals, Bills, Browns, Cardinals, Chargers, Eagles, Falcons, Jaguars, Lions, Panthers, Texans, Titans and Vikings have not won a Super Bowl in their history. The Browns, Jaguars, Lions and Texans have never reached the Super Bowl.Jan 21, 2018

Nice. Change Ozzy to Limp Bizkuit and this was almost a paw punched thread from HD. I do it all for the nookie.

Just thought, this would be a great song to play at the stadium. LOL

Reply/Quote
(06-11-2018, 02:25 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Let's all chip in and buy the team!

I have an old bag of chips and since I wear dentures I can't really eat chips like I used to I'll chip in.. I might even pitch in some salsa verde.. I just got some tomatillos ..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-12-2018, 03:11 AM)grampahol Wrote: I have an old bag of chips and since I wear dentures I can't really eat chips like I used to I'll chip in.. I might even pitch in some salsa verde.. I just got some tomatillos ..

And we're off and running...
Reply/Quote
It's ok. I thinks we always need to keep a little bit of space between us and "the hype," as should the players. We need to study how they perform, and be honest about what we see. Of course, we want to see wins, but even Cleveland fans about lie about 0-16.

Last year was clear that the Oline was awful. The offense in general sucked most games. The defense was pretty banged up. We had PS linebackers starting or see alot of playing time. Still, we managed to kicked some teams with better records out of the playoffs at the end.

We got rid of PA. Hired Pollack. He's already got Ced O. finally showing signs of progress. Lazor has developed a new playbook around the talent we have at QB and other positions, but especially QB. We have a new DC and some other new position coaches. Evidently, we want to get more aggressive on both sides of the ball. Ross and Malone had big days during OTAs. Boyd, evidently, is looking good. We got some new weapons, and we got Glenn for LT. We still have ?s at RG and RT. We won't know what we have until we see it on the field performing.

Who needs hype anyway? All we always need is just a little bit of hope.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2018, 09:54 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: There is a lot coming out of the Bengals Organization to get fired up about and to have plenty of optimism about this team. I'm just having a very hard time buying into the hype right now.

I read the articles and try to get pumped up but all I do is find myself thinking, "Whatever" or "Yeah right".

I'm sure it will come eventually but I think this year it won't be until around game five, lol.

Last year was a "if year".

If Ogbuehi improves we might be good and under PA that was unlikely.

This year we have Cordy Glenn, Billy Price and most notabley Frank Pollack.

These were our weaknesses and they have been improved immensely.

I cannot help but be excited about this year. These changes were long overdue.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2018, 01:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Last year was a "if year".

If Ogbuehi improves we might be good and under PA that was unlikely.

This year we have Cordy Glenn, Billy Price and most notabley Frank Pollack.

These were our weaknesses and they have been improved immensely.

I cannot help but be excited about this year. These changes were long overdue.

You're making me get tingly Nate!
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2018, 04:22 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: You're making me get tingly Nate!

Happy to oblige Tiger Teeth. We won 7 games last year with that shit show going on.

I say after these changes we should win atleast 3 more games and be in the Playoffs with a chance to win with a running game.

Rock On
Reply/Quote