Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jungle to the Hall Event - June 19th
We invite you to join us on Saturday, June 19th in Canton, OH at the Pro Football Hall of Fame, for our Jungle to the Hall event to get our deserving Bengals into the Hall of Fame!

We have secured discounted HOF tickets & Hotel pricing for this EVENT!

HOF Tic bit.ly/2Z4SskA
Hotel bit.ly/3p24ohC

Attached Files Image(s)

Established in 1993 Bengal Jim's "Before the Roar" is the longest running tailgate to support the Cincinnati Bengals.

Tune in LIVE at 8pm eastern every Tuesday for our weekly Bengals show! 

Check out our YouTube page at:
[Video: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC12ZcOwQDXreLIkrcdjmbVwl]
Reply/Quote
Good luck, I will be out of town on that date but thank you for pushing for some of our greats especially the late Riley and Ken Anderson who should be in plus Curtis, W. Anderson and Dillion who should be considered
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 05:13 PM)Bengal Jim Wrote: We invite you to join us on Saturday, June 19th in Canton, OH at the Pro Football Hall of Fame, for our Jungle to the Hall event to get our deserving Bengals into the Hall of Fame!

HOF Tic bit.ly/2Z4SskA
Hotel bit.ly/3p24ohC

Have you thought about sending invites to some of the HOF voters? or sending them pictures of the event?  Have you talked to Geoff Hobson for some advice about getting into the sight of the voters?

Pro Football Hall of Fame Selection Committee
Arizona
Kent Somers, Arizona Republic
Atlanta
Darryl Ledbetter, Atlanta Journal - Constitution
Baltimore
Scott Garceau, 105.7 The Fan/WMAR-TV
Buffalo
Vic Carucci, Buffalo News
Carolina
Darin Gantt, Carolina Panthers
Chicago
Dan Pompei, The Athletic*
Cincinnati
Geoff Hobson, Bengals.com
Cleveland
Tony Grossi, ESPNCleveland.com/WKNR Radio
Dallas
Rick Gosselin, Talk of Fame Network*#
Denver
Jeff Legwold, ESPN/ESPN.com*
Detroit
Dave Birkett, Detroit Free Press
Green Bay
Pete Dougherty, Green Bay Press-Gazette
Houston
John McClain, Houston Chronicle*
Indianapolis
Mike Chappell, Fox 59/CBS 4
Jacksonville
Sam Kouvaris, Florida Times-Union/SamSportsLine.com
Kansas City

Las Vegas
Frank Cooney, The Sports Xchange*
Los Angeles (Chargers)
Eric Williams, Sports Illustrated
Los Angeles (Rams)
Howard Balzer, Sports Illustrated#
Miami
Armando Salguero, Miami Herald
Minnesota
Mark Craig, The Minneapolis Star-Tribune
New England
Ron Borges, Talk of Fame Network*
New Orleans
Jeff Duncan, The Athletic
New York (Giants)
Bob Glauber, Newsday
New York (Jets)
Gary Myers, Author
Philadelphia
Paul Domowitch, Philadelphia Daily News
Pittsburgh
Ed Bouchette, The Athletic
San Francisco
Matt Maiocco, NBC Sports Bay Area
Seattle
Mike Sando, The Athletic
Tampa Bay
Ira Kaufman, JoeBucsFan.com*
Tennessee
Paul Kuharsky, PaulKuharsky.com/104.5 The Zone
Washington
Jarrett Bell, USA Today#
PFWA
Mary Kay Cabot, The (Cleveland) Plain Dealer
At-Large
Tony Dungy, NBC Sports Football Night in America
At-Large
John Clayton, ESPN Seattle#
At-Large
Jason Cole, FanSided.com
At-Large
John Czarnecki, FOX Sports*
At-Large
Dan Fouts, Broadcaster (Hall of Famer)
At-Large
Clark Judge, Talk of Fame Network and Yahoo Sports Radio#
At-Large
Peter King, NBC Sports#
At-Large
James Lofton, CBS Sports (Hall of Famer)
At-Large
Alex Marvez, SiriusXM
At-Large
Bill Polian, SiriusXM (Hall of Famer)*
At-Large
Sal Paolantonio, ESPN#
At-Large
Lisa Salters, ESPN Monday Night Football
At-Large
Jim Trotter, NFL Network#
At-Large
Charean Williams, Pro Football Talk#
At-Large
Barry Wilner, Associated Press

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-22-2021, 11:50 AM)pally Wrote: Have you thought about sending invites to some of the HOF voters? or sending them pictures of the event?  Have you talked to Geoff Hobson for some advice about getting into the sight of the voters?

We have and will have one of the HOF voters on our show this Sunday!   Cincy and national media have been very receptive about this initiative!
Established in 1993 Bengal Jim's "Before the Roar" is the longest running tailgate to support the Cincinnati Bengals.

Reply/Quote
Keep up the good fight!
Reply/Quote
No disrespect to Riley and Parrish and other great former Bengals, but Ken Anderson is one a different level from almost all of them.  I really have no idea why he didn't get closer to the Hall of Fame.

I think we should concentrate all of our energy on getting Kenny in before we worry about anyone else.

I also need to go back and find a story I read in Sports Illustrated about how one obsessive Floyd Little fan worked every single HOF voter every year with calls and videos and stats until they finally elected him.  Again, no disrespect to Floyd Little, but it is a joke that he is in the Hall of Fame when Anderson is not.  Little had one 1000 yd rushing season and 4 total Pro Bowl seasons.  Only 6300 career rushing yards with a 3.9 avg.  Played 9 season for terrible Denver teams that never even came close to making the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2021, 03:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No disrespect to Riley and Parrish and other great former Bengals, but Ken Anderson is one a different level from almost all of them.  I really have no idea why he didn't get closer to the Hall of Fame.

I think we should concentrate all of our energy on getting Kenny in before we worry about anyone else.

I alos need to go back and find a story I read in Sports Illustrated about how one obsessive Floyd Little fan worked every single voter every year with calls and videos and stats until they finally elected him.  Again, no disrespect to Floyd Little, but it is a joke that he is in the Hall of Fame when Anderson is not.  Little had one 1000 yd rushing season and 4 total Pro Bowl seasons.  Only 6300 career rushing yards with a 3.9 avg.  Played 9 season for terrible Denver teams that never even came close to making the playoffs.

Yup. For me as a New Yorker, Curtis Martin is the clear example, and illustrates an unfair bias for big media markets. Put Martin in Cincy, KA in New York, hold everything else constant, and Anderson would be in on the first ballot, while Martin would be fighting Dillon until 2057. 
Reply/Quote
No doubt the process is frustrating and often leads your head scratching at the decision of the voters.  

This stat page alone shows Kenny Anderson deserves in!

Attached Files
.pdf   Screen Shot 2021-05-22 at 4.22.56 PM.pdf (Size: 1.87 MB / Downloads: 4)

Reply/Quote
got some publicity from Florio

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/06/02/fans-will-rally-in-canton-to-get-more-bengals-in-the-hall-of-fame/

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
If you haven't made weekend plans we would love to see you in Canton this Saturday, the rally is FREE and starts at 1pm.

Below is the link for tickets:
https://www.eventbrite.com/o/bengal-jim-amp-friends-32996281391

Reply/Quote
(05-22-2021, 11:50 AM)pally Wrote: Have you thought about sending invites to some of the HOF voters? or sending them pictures of the event?  Have you talked to Geoff Hobson for some advice about getting into the sight of the voters?

Pro Football Hall of Fame Selection Committee
Arizona
Kent Somers, Arizona Republic
Atlanta
Darryl Ledbetter, Atlanta Journal - Constitution
Baltimore
Scott Garceau, 105.7 The Fan/WMAR-TV
Buffalo
Vic Carucci, Buffalo News
Carolina
Darin Gantt, Carolina Panthers
Chicago
Dan Pompei, The Athletic*
Cincinnati
Geoff Hobson, Bengals.com
Cleveland
Tony Grossi, ESPNCleveland.com/WKNR Radio
Dallas
Rick Gosselin, Talk of Fame Network*#
Denver
Jeff Legwold, ESPN/ESPN.com*
Detroit
Dave Birkett, Detroit Free Press
Green Bay
Pete Dougherty, Green Bay Press-Gazette
Houston
John McClain, Houston Chronicle*
Indianapolis
Mike Chappell, Fox 59/CBS 4
Jacksonville
Sam Kouvaris, Florida Times-Union/SamSportsLine.com
Kansas City

Las Vegas
Frank Cooney, The Sports Xchange*
Los Angeles (Chargers)
Eric Williams, Sports Illustrated
Los Angeles (Rams)
Howard Balzer, Sports Illustrated#
Miami
Armando Salguero, Miami Herald
Minnesota
Mark Craig, The Minneapolis Star-Tribune
New England
Ron Borges, Talk of Fame Network*
New Orleans
Jeff Duncan, The Athletic
New York (Giants)
Bob Glauber, Newsday
New York (Jets)
Gary Myers, Author
Philadelphia
Paul Domowitch, Philadelphia Daily News
Pittsburgh
Ed Bouchette, The Athletic
San Francisco
Matt Maiocco, NBC Sports Bay Area
Seattle
Mike Sando, The Athletic
Tampa Bay
Ira Kaufman, JoeBucsFan.com*
Tennessee
Paul Kuharsky, PaulKuharsky.com/104.5 The Zone
Washington
Jarrett Bell, USA Today#
PFWA
Mary Kay Cabot, The (Cleveland) Plain Dealer
At-Large
Tony Dungy, NBC Sports Football Night in America
At-Large
John Clayton, ESPN Seattle#
At-Large
Jason Cole, FanSided.com
At-Large
John Czarnecki, FOX Sports*
At-Large
Dan Fouts, Broadcaster (Hall of Famer)
At-Large
Clark Judge, Talk of Fame Network and Yahoo Sports Radio#
At-Large
Peter King, NBC Sports#
At-Large
James Lofton, CBS Sports (Hall of Famer)
At-Large
Alex Marvez, SiriusXM
At-Large
Bill Polian, SiriusXM (Hall of Famer)*
At-Large
Sal Paolantonio, ESPN#
At-Large
Lisa Salters, ESPN Monday Night Football
At-Large
Jim Trotter, NFL Network#
At-Large
Charean Williams, Pro Football Talk#
At-Large
Barry Wilner, Associated Press

Well, you know that whiny bytch Dan Fouts isn't going to vote for Anderson.  Kenny is better on ALL stats except ONE in regards to Fouts.  Yardage.  Better YPA, Completion %, TD to INT %, etc.  While I am at it, Kenny Stabler had less EVERYTHING than Anderson, except wins, which is a stupid stat for NFL QBs.  Hell, Stabler had 28 MORE INTS THAN TDS!  Ridiculous.  If people are going to say "He had a ring", sure...he does.  So let's put Trent Dilfer and Joe Flacco in the HoF as well.  Fouts didn't have a ring, and he is in.  Just absolutely stupid.  
Reply/Quote
Good luck with the event. It's cool to see passionate fans supporting the franchise greats!
Reply/Quote
I will be there as Im only a 45 min drive. What other jungle board
Members will be attending ?
Reply/Quote
I’ll be there i live 20 mins away
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2021, 08:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Well, you know that whiny bytch Dan Fouts isn't going to vote for Anderson.  Kenny is better on ALL stats except ONE in regards to Fouts.  Yardage.  Better YPA, Completion %, TD to INT %, etc.  While I am at it, Kenny Stabler had less EVERYTHING than Anderson, except wins, which is a stupid stat for NFL QBs.  Hell, Stabler had 28 MORE INTS THAN TDS!  Ridiculous.  If people are going to say "He had a ring", sure...he does.  So let's put Trent Dilfer and Joe Flacco in the HoF as well.  Fouts didn't have a ring, and he is in.  Just absolutely stupid.  

I don;t think we have any idea what Fouts is going to vote.. actually if i guess he would vote him in.. I've never heard Fouts say a bad word about Kenny and he has praised him.  I agree with most of what you are saying though except Wins are a stupid stat...QBs touch the ball about every offensive play.. they have probably the greatest impact on wins than any other player on the offensive team so YES wins do count..
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2021, 09:42 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I don;t think we have any idea what Fouts is going to vote.. actually if i guess he would vote him in.. I've never heard Fouts say a bad word about Kenny and he has praised him.  I agree with most of what you are saying though except Wins are a stupid stat...QBs touch the ball about every offensive play.. they have probably the greatest impact on wins than any other player on the offensive team so YES wins do count..

Wins are a stupid stat for QBs, I will repeat it.

Fouts has been openly critical of the freezer bowl game, saying it hurt SD more than Cincy because they were a passing team and you couldn't grip the ball.  Wah.  
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2021, 09:48 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Wins are a stupid stat for QBs, I will repeat it.

Fouts has been openly critical of the freezer bowl game, saying it hurt SD more than Cincy because they were a passing team and you couldn't grip the ball.  Wah.  

And I will repeat that QB has a major influence on Wins than any other player on offense so NO wins are not a stupid stat, it is and should be part of the determination of judging a QB.. think about it.. how many Qbs continue to start if they don;t produce wins ???... and for Fouts where in his comment does he trash Anderson to think he would not vote for him.. I also heard him pass Kenny for his play during the Freezer Bowl..
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 05:13 PM)Bengal Jim Wrote: We invite you to join us on Saturday, June 19th in Canton, OH at the Pro Football Hall of Fame, for our Jungle to the Hall event to get our deserving Bengals into the Hall of Fame!

HOF Tic bit.ly/2Z4SskA
Hotel bit.ly/3p24ohC

Is this on ZOOM for outta state fans?
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2021, 09:54 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: And I will repeat that QB has a major influence on Wins than any other player on offense so NO wins are not a stupid stat

One could argue though that you're actually making the point that wins are a more valid stat for QBs than for other offensive player. That doesn't make it a particularly meaningful stat overall. I'd argue wins are not a really good stat for any individual player.
QBs have no influence over a defense. If a team has a consistently bad defense over years, like many many teams do, even great QBs could end up winning not so many games. On the other hand, hardly any great QB will have many bad individual stats.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2021, 10:54 AM)hollodero Wrote: One could argue though that you're actually making the point that wins are a more valid stat for QBs than for other offensive player. That doesn't make it a particularly meaningful stat overall. I'd argue wins are not a really good stat for any individual player.
QBs have no influence over a defense. If a team has a consistently bad defense over years, like many many teams do, even great QBs could end up winning not so many games. On the other hand, hardly any great QB will have many bad individual stats.
For my 3rd and final time, the QB has the greatest impact on a game singular since unlike any player they are pretty much involved in executing every offensive play so it is logical and accurate to consider wins as part of their resume ..moving on so idonttakeaway from purpose of thread, let's get some bengals in the damn HOF..
Reply/Quote