Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JungleRock Mock
As much as I would love to see this team add Sewell or Chase at pick #5, I really do believe the best move for this franchise this year is going to be trading down. You have high end QB's and you don't need one, you have QB needy teams behind you such as the Panthers, Broncos, 49ers, and Patriots. This is the year to move down and really add multiple big time pieces in this draft and the following one next year. In this mock draft scenario I have the Bengals trading pick #5 in return for Pick #12, Pick #43, and a 1st Round Pick next year. I think the 49ers make a trade like this because they were in the Super Bowl just 2 years ago. They are wanting to win it all and make a big run again in the next couple of years and they have seen what Jimmy G. is. If they move up and take a QB they think gets them a Super Bowl they make this move.

1st Round up to the Bengals Pick:

1. Jags - Trevor Lawrence
2. Jets - Zach Wilson
3. Dolphins - Ja'Marr Chase
4. Falcons - Justin Fields
5. Trade* 49ers - Trey Lance
6. Eagles - Kyle Pitts
7. Lions - Jaylen Waddle
8. Panthers - Devonte Smith
9. Broncos - Penei Sewell
10. Cowboys - Patrick Surtain II
11. Giants - Micah Parsons
12. Bengals - Rashawn Slater - Rashawn comes in and starts at Right Guard from day 1. With Reiff holding down the spot for a year they get to play Slater at Guard while still grooming him as the Right Tackle of the future.

Rest of the Bengals Selections for 2021:

Pick 38 - Gregory Rousseau - Another guy that did not play this past season is the reason I could see them going with someone else like Joseph Ossai from Texas or Carlos Bashem from Wake Forest. However, if Rousseau is still on the board I take the gamble on his upside and what he showed at Miami two years ago as a pass rusher. Adding the other 2nd round pick makes it possible to take a bit of a high risk/high reward player here.

Pick 43 - Elijah Moore - The deep threat receiver they have been looking to add this offseason could be the pick here. Moore may best fit in the slot long term but he is an explosive playmaker and how they choose to play him/Boyd can be mixed around.

Pick 69 - Creed Humphrey - The Center of the future and potentially the present depending on how Hopkins works his way back from injury. Humphrey would provide another quality lineman on the interior and has good value in the 3rd.

Pick 111 - Milton Williams - A 3 technique at Defensive Tackle that the Bengals have reportedly shown interest in. Would be a good backup for Larry Ogunjobi this season and potentially becomes a starter by year 2.

Pick 149 - Monty Rice - Solid Linebacker depth here in the 5th round. Rice is an undersized but speedy Linebacker. It seems like the Bengals finally have realized that this is the direction that position is heading in after several years of going with bigger Linebackers and missing on guys like Lavonte David and Deion Jones in the past.

Pick 190 - Matt Bushman - Tight End from BYU that has had injury concerns but is the type of playmaker that would look good with our current group of Tight Ends.

Pick 202 - Chauncey Gholston - Another EDGE rusher that would provide depth and the pass rush help that is desperately needed on this team.

Pick 235 - Jose Borregalas - Kicker from Miami to come in and compete with Seibert for the job.

After this draft you are still set up with 2 1st round picks the following year. This is why trading down in my opinion may be the better (yet tough) call for passing on a Sewell, Chase, Pitts type of talent at 5.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
It is a good Draft and a good mock. Hurts passing on a few player I really like, but still

In the end I like it, takes care of the trenches. Wink
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2021, 11:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is a good Draft and a good mock. Hurts passing on a few player I really like, but still

In the end I like it, takes care of the trenches. Wink

The Dolphins screwed the whole thing up already also. I still wouldn't mind a trade down to 8 or 9 if we can pick up an extra 2nd rounder this year.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote