Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JungleRock Mock Getting Closer
1st Round - Derek Barnett (DE) Tennessee - Barnett may not have the size that we have looked for recently but I think the position has changed and we need to change along with it. We were serious about adding Freeney last year before he chose the Falcons so I think they said a lot about wanting to a find a good pass rusher regardless of their size. Barnett may be the best pure pass rusher in this class and that includes Garrett. Would love to add someone with his speed and bend around the edge to get after the QB.

[Image: Barnett.jpeg]

2nd Round - Raekwon McMillan (LB) Ohio State - McMillan may have done too well at the combine to last this long in the draft for the Bengals. I like the addition of Minter but it is still a one year deal and we need to find somebody that can truly hold down the ILB spot for years to come. I think if we don't go Foster in the 1st then McMillan is that guy. He is a thumper that is a lot quicker and better in coverage than he gets credit for.

[Image: newsEngin.17332167_GettyImages-503097672.jpg]

3rd Round - Joe Mixon (RB) Oklahoma - Yes the pick would be controversial but if they really think this guy is LeVeon Bell 2.0 and he has matured enough to not make any more stupid mistakes I feel he will be a prime target, especially if lasts until the 3rd round. Like McMillan the Bengals have had Mixon in for a visit and more often than not the Bengals don't play the smokescreen game when it comes to visits.

[Image: joe-mixon-21017-usnews-getty-ftr_uu2fgxy...1000&h=750]

4th Round - Zay Jones (WR) East Carolina - Jones hands were never a question and he also is a good sized wideout. The question mark was top end speed but he proved that ability as well when he ran 4.45 40 yard dash. This guy seemed like a perfect 4th round selection but now there are doubts he will be available. I do think this is a very talented Wide Receiver class throughout so some players are bound to fall. Give me a Jones or a Juju Smith Schuster in the mid rounds and I will be happy.

[Image: ph-ac-cs-zay-jones-feature-1118-20161117]

4th Round - Isaac Asiata (OG) Utah - The Bengals love versatile Offensive Lineman and Asiata fits that bill perfectly. He can play all along the line but is best suited for an area of weakness currently which is on the inside at one of the guard spots or Center. I think Boling is still a good LG but he struggled to stay healthy and that effected his performance. Having a first off the bench type backup for the interior that you drafted in the 4th round sure would make a lot of sense.

[Image: 8146149.jpg]

5th Round - Jarron Jones (DT) Notre Dame - Billings is clearly a guy the Bengals are looking to step up but he has to stay healthy. Having an insurance policy like Jones would be helpful. Pat Sims isn't getting any younger and if Jones lives up to his potential a rotation of Billings and Jones would be nice along that interior of the D-Line.

[Image: jones-jarron-081515-usnews-getty-ftr_1rx...=833374175]

5th Round - Conor McDermott (OT) UCLA - I would like to see an Offensive Tackle grabbed earlier because I have very little faith in Ogbuehi and Fisher at the moment. The coaches seem to have faith in them though so I don't see them taking anybody at this position too early. I think McDermott is a perfect guy to groom. All of the physical tools are there and even though he doesn't look as athletic as some other tackles because of his 6'8" size he seems to get the job done both in the run game and pass game.

[Image: web.sp_.BREAKING.football.AYeo_-1024x800.jpg]

6th Round - Zane Gonzalez (K) Arizona State - Another guy that always seemed like a fit but now the Bengals have even met with him which makes him one to certainly keep an eye on. Gonzalez could be the upgrade we have been hoping for now for several years.

[Image: Zane-Gonzalez-UTAH.jpg]

6th Round - Marquez White (CB) Florida State - Plays good in man to man coverage. Would be a good guy to draft later on and develop.

[Image: 636145034024710092-FSU-BC-2.jpg]

7th Round - Chad Kelly (QB) Ole Miss - So many character concerns with this kid but his talent is undeniable. If a 7th Rounder might not make the team anyways (especially with so many picks) why not gamble big here and hope to hit the jackpot. If they like what they see from him then it makes trading McCarron that much of an easier decision.

[Image: chadkelly.jpg]

7th Round - Javancy Jones (OLB) Jackson State - Likely practice squad player with some upside.

[Image: Javancy-Jones-tackle-1024x819.jpg]
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
Like the draft, but a few things:

1. I still think the best pass rusher in the draft is Tim Williams. If I knew I could get him at #41, I would go offense at #9.
2. I think it's a huge stretch to have Mixon in the 3rd. It very well could happen, but I think it's a long shot.
3. An even longer shot is Zay Jones going in the 4th. He may end up going late 1st.
Reply/Quote
I like it, but I have my doubts Mixon makes it past the second round.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Love the draft, but as other said, Mixon and Jones both likely gone a round earlier for each. Chad Kelly in 7th would be worth the gamble. If he works out, would likely be a serviceable backup in this league. If he screws up, you cut him. Big time arm though despite the character concerns.
Reply/Quote
I like it. Barnett is not my favorite pass rusher and if we are to get him, hopefully it will be from trading down. The rest of the draft adds good players that allow for good depth at multiple positions. Good job!
Reply/Quote