Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JungleRock Mock
*Update* we did trade with the Bills...Glenn and pick 21 instead of 21 and 22...see how that works out

Typically I don't do mock drafts that involve trades but I think this one makes a lot of sense for both teams. There is likely not going to be a clear cut guy at #12 with our biggest needs. Also, the Buffalo Bills could really use a QB and with the big 4 likely to go early on in the draft then trading up with us may be their last shot at one of those guys. This draft also includes some projected comp. picks that the Bengals are likely to have in the upcoming draft.

Round 1 - Pick 21 - Tremaine Edmunds (Linebacker) Not sure if he will last to this point of the draft but he is the type of impact linebacker we could use on this team. Burfict is a great player but is not someone that can be relied on due to injury and suspension. Hobspin wants to paint the picture that they love Jordan Evans and Nick Vigil but I just don't see those guys at sure things at Linebacker right now. They could always grow into better players but you need more talent for this year and Edmunds would provide that.

[Image: georgia_tech_virginia_tech_football_s878...43864b1c36]

Round 1 - Pick 22 - Kolton Miller (Offensive Tackle) Maybe not the most popular pick here and I understand that but this is the type of guy I could see the Bengals targeting in this trade scenario. Miller is not a player that I would draft but I think the Bengals will reach for an Offensive Tackle.

[Image: 6_7985073.jpg]

Round 2 - Pick 46 - Billy Price (Center) A player that I wouldn't be upset about if we took in the first round. Center's tend to slide to the second and third round every single year so I think this is a safe place to project him at this point. Price is the best Center in the draft and would be an instant upgrade over Russell Bodine and would be cheaper since Bodine is looking at UFA this year.

[Image: IMG_9874-21swu4u.jpg]

Round 3 - Pick 77 - Mike Gesicki (Tight End) One of the most talent pass catchers at Tight End in the entire draft. I don't see the Bengals keeping Tyler Eifert and even though Kroft and Uzomah has shown flashes at the position, I still think another talent is needed for that position group going into the season.

[Image: mike-gesicki-penn-state-football-freaks-...k=yAUCmCSQ]

Round 3 - Pick 99 (Comp) - Simmie Cobbs Jr. (Wide Receiver) I don't know that Wide Receiver is a glaring need right now but at the same time Lafell may be nearing the end of his career, we don't know what we really have for sure in John Ross, Cody Core, or Malone. Adding someone with the talent of Cobbs this late in the draft would be a wise decision in my opinion. At 6'4" Cobbs has the ability to go up and get the ball which would be very useful opposite of AJ Green and with the potential loss of Eifert who can't stay healthy.

[Image: 497202528.jpg.0.jpg]

Round 4 - Pick 114 - Quenton Meeks (Cornerback) I also think it is a good idea to draft a Cornerback in each draft at some point. With Pacman getting older and the uncertainty with Dennard entering his final year it makes even more sense. Meeks has good size and speed and really only gets pushed down because of the amount of good Corners in this class.

[Image: gettyimages-614930536.jpg?w=640&h=360&crop=1]

Round 5 - Pick 153 - Luke Falk (Quarterback) The Bengals have to find another Quarterback to back up Andy Dalton and if it doesn't come in Free Agency which is always unlikely with this team then it will have to come through the draft. Falk would be good value at this point of the draft. He isn't the most spectacular QB but neither was AJ McCarron. Just good solid guys that will stay ready if needed.

[Image: usa_today_9771256.0.jpg]

Round 5 - Pick 172 (comp) - Kendrick Norton (Defensive Tackle) I actually feel pretty good about the Defensive Line that we should have returning next year. With that said, I think adding some depth at Defensive Tackle is still a necessary move at some point. Norton has good size and will be able to develop behind some talented players early on.

[Image: IMG_0298.jpg]

Round 6 - Pick 190 - Daniel Carlson (Kicker) We tried this last year and though Elliot wasn't consistent enough to win the job for the Bengals he still showed plenty of flashes of what he can be in this league with his leg strength for the Eagles. I would hope that pick not working out doesn't deter the Bengals from looking at another very talented Kicker this year.

[Image: 4738-53130-original.jpeg]

Round 7 - Pick 250 - Tre Flowers (Safety) Good sized safety that would obviously be looking to make an impact and the team through Special Teams work similar to how Fejedelem earned his spot on the team. At this point you hope for guys that can make that impact or that you can sneak onto the practice squad for a year. Flowers fits that mold.

[Image: FlowersT1608_GregBullard.JPG]
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't think Edmunds or Price will be available at those slots. Would be nice. Also, is Trey Flowers related to the Flowers that was a Bengal and since was in the Super Bowl?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nice job with the pics and who knows maybe Edmunds falls to 21 but i doubt it.

No way do i see Price falling that far, would love it if he was there with our first 2nd rounder.

Would love for both of these to happen though. Love the players.

Don't like Kolton Miller from when i watched UCLA, he seemed to always be the one giving up pressure.

I like Tyrell Crosby, Okorafor, Cappa all better if we are going with a LT in the 2nd. With you on Orlando Brown, he is more of a RT like Andre.

Love the rest of the draft and if we draft a QB i hope it is Falk, damn fine passer in college.
Reply/Quote
Great job! I would take Price as our 2nd in Rd1 and Martinas Rankins in the 2nd as our next LT. Like Nate said, watched tape of Miller and he is the one giving up way to much pressure. Everything else is pretty good!
Reply/Quote
Edmunds is gone before us at 12 how come hes gonna be there at 21 lol love the bodies but there is no way these guys last as long as u have them falling. this would be amazing tho
Reply/Quote
On a whole I like it a lot except for the Kolton Miller pick that early.

Like his size and potential but think he is still a gamble somewhat.

Would love the Edmunds pick if he were there still.

Think in my mind am down to taking whoever falls between

Quenton Nelson,

Isaiah Wynn,

Edmunds,

and Price as the fallback option if those 3 are gone.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Some may think it is early for Price and want to gamble on him slipping.

But feel all 4 players listed are safe plug into the starting line up players that are needs for the Bengals as well.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2018, 04:50 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I don't think Edmunds or Price will be available at those slots.  Would be nice.  Also, is Trey Flowers related to the Flowers that was a Bengal and since was in the Super Bowl?
Thanks. Edmunds is a toss up for me on where he goes. Anywhere from top 8 to early 20's. A lot depends on when Roquan Smith comes off the board and if a team likes Rashaan Evans a little more than Edmunds. Price may be a long shot but as mentioned I see Centers that are sure things for mid to late 1st or 2nd round slide either into the 2nd or the 2nd round guys fall to the 3rd almost every year. The injury is something to keep an eye on with him as well. Thanks for the feedback though.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2018, 08:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice job with the pics and who knows maybe Edmunds falls to 21 but i doubt it.

No way do i see Price falling that far, would love it if he was there with our first 2nd rounder.

Would love for both of these to happen though. Love the players.

Don't like Kolton Miller from when i watched UCLA, he seemed to always be the one giving up pressure.

I like Tyrell Crosby, Okorafor, Cappa all better if we are going with a LT in the 2nd. With you on Orlando Brown, he is more of a RT like Andre.

Love the rest of the draft and if we draft a QB i hope it is Falk, damn fine passer in college.

All of the Offensive Tackles are underwhelming this year for the first round really. I really liked how Boling played at LT to end the year. Honestly I would love if we snagged Nelson in the 1st somehow and paired him with Boling on the left side or waited and grabbed Hernandez in the early 2nd. I just can't see the Bengals actually making that Boling move but I would be all for it.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2018, 01:32 PM)Go Cards Wrote: On a whole I like it a lot except for the Kolton Miller pick that early.

Like his size and potential but think he is still a gamble somewhat.

Would love the Edmunds pick if he were there still.

Think in my mind am down to taking whoever falls between

Quenton Nelson,

Isaiah Wynn,

Edmunds,

and Price as the fallback option if those 3 are gone.
Nelson is the dream and I really like Wynn but don't know about taking him in the top 12 if that is where we stay. He would be a good option in this trade scenario though and obviously I think Edmunds could make a difference on this team if Marvin would give him the chance right away.
Reply/Quote