Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Just Absolutely Amazing
How many on here understand that in order for us to have picked Chase in last years draft we needed something as catastrophic as a season ending injury to Joe Franchise. No way would we have been picking where we were if Joe had stayed healthy and no way would he had been on the boards by the time they got to us. I would have hated to see Chase go elsewhere and tear the league up.

It’s destiny. Has to be. I hope that 10-20 years from now when I’m talking to my grandkids I can tell them about the improbable story about how the Bengals dynasty started with the greatest QB getting injured and coming back the next year to win the first of many SuperBowls.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 07:18 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: How many on here understand that in order for us to have picked Chase in last years draft we needed something as catastrophic as a season ending injury to Joe Franchise.  No way would we have been picking where we were if Joe had stayed healthy

Idk, the bengals were terrible even with Burrow in there. I think Cincy won more games with Burrow injured
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 07:28 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Idk, the bengals were terrible even with Burrow in there. I think Cincy won more games with Burrow injured

I’d say he was figuring things out. Line wasn’t the greatest either but he would have probably won us at least a couple more games along with the games Allen won us.
Reply/Quote
Two wins with Burrow and two without, technically at a higher win percentage without. I don't think that's meaningful at all though, and we're forced to interpret trajectory more than literal wins and losses. I am pretty confident a healthy Burrow manages a better finish than 4-11-1, but one cannot be sure. I doubt it gets better than 6-9-1 anyway, and that might still be too good to land Chase. So the point holds reasonably.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 07:18 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: How many on here understand that in order for us to have picked Chase in last years draft we needed something as catastrophic as a season ending injury to Joe Franchise.  No way would we have been picking where we were if Joe had stayed healthy and no way would he had been on the boards by the time they got to us.  I would have hated to see Chase go elsewhere and tear the league up.  

It’s destiny.  Has to be.  I hope that 10-20 years from now when I’m talking to my grandkids I can tell them about the improbable story about how the Bengals dynasty started with the greatest QB getting injured and coming back the next year to win the first of many SuperBowls.

Yes, so many things HAD to go right or wrong for us to be where we are right now. Has to be destiny.

Us humans can't plan this...
Reply/Quote
Still, not worth getting Joe injured last year.

If he gets hurt again, ACL/MCL, etc he might never be the same again.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 07:28 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Idk, the bengals were terrible even with Burrow in there. I think Cincy won more games with Burrow injured

They lost to New York Giants 19-17 and The Miami Dolphins 19-7 with Allen as their QB.

I am pretty confident we would have beat them if we had Burrow.

Plus, we were leading the WFT 9-7 before the half, so I wouldn't be surprised if we won that game with Burrow as well.

Even with just 1 or 2 of those wins, we probably fall out of the top 10.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 07:18 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: How many on here understand that in order for us to have picked Chase in last years draft we needed something as catastrophic as a season ending injury to Joe Franchise.  No way would we have been picking where we were if Joe had stayed healthy and no way would he had been on the boards by the time they got to us.  I would have hated to see Chase go elsewhere and tear the league up.  

It’s destiny.  Has to be.  I hope that 10-20 years from now when I’m talking to my grandkids I can tell them about the improbable story about how the Bengals dynasty started with the greatest QB getting injured and coming back the next year to win the first of many SuperBowls.

There can be no miracle without a disaster.

(01-26-2022, 07:28 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Idk, the bengals were terrible even with Burrow in there. I think Cincy won more games with Burrow injured

With Burrow: 2.5/8 

Without Burrow: 2/8
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I don't think this true at all. We were on pace to get him anyway.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 07:30 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: I’d say he was figuring things out.  Line wasn’t the greatest either but he would have probably won us at least a couple more games along with the games Allen won us.

Finley got at least one.
Reply/Quote

There have been so many things happen every step of the way that it all seems like destiny to me this season. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 09:47 PM)M.W. Wrote: Finley got at least one.

Finley was terrible in the Steelers game besides his smile....

He wasn't a reason we won, we ran on them and got TO's on Defense.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 07:52 PM)motoarch Wrote: I don't think this true at all.  We were on pace to get him anyway.

agreed 
Reply/Quote
If the 9ers don’t trade up for the Dolphins 3rd overall pick (from Houston) Miami 100% takes Chase in that spot.

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 11:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If the 9ers don’t trade up for the Dolphins 3rd overall pick (from Houston) Miami 100% takes Chase in that spot.

or pitts, then atl takes chase? who knows

i kind of forgot about the 9ers trade, it helped us out in the end 
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 11:45 PM)magikod Wrote: or pitts, then atl takes chase? who knows

Dolphins have Gesicki. They wouldn’t have went TE. They were always going WR with that pick.

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 07:41 PM)magikod Wrote: Still, not worth getting Joe injured last year.

If he gets hurt again, ACL/MCL, etc he might never be the same again.

Meh, he may not be as mobile but he'd still be able to shred from the pocket.  Not saying I don't fear another major injury, especially anytime soon (next two to three years) I'd be crushed to see him have another major injury.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 11:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dolphins have Gesicki. They wouldn’t have went TE. They were always going WR with that pick.

Good point, forgot about Gesicki.

(01-27-2022, 03:16 AM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Meh, he may not be as mobile but he'd still be able to shred from the pocket.  Not saying I don't fear another major injury, especially anytime soon (next two to three years) I'd be crushed to see him have another major injury.

Worries me to much! damn paranoia!!!    Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 11:45 PM)magikod Wrote: or pitts, then atl takes chase? who knows

Haha, good old Pitts.  Had a really good rookie season. 15.1 ypr is nothing to scoff at with just over 1000 yards.  Only one TD, though.

Forget the Sewell vs. Chase debate, there were quite a few saying how Pitts was going to be "impossible to cover" and would be a game changer.

Maybe he still will be, but I couldn't be happier with what I have seen from Ja'Marr Chase.  The kid is just flat out amazing. 
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 09:14 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Haha, good old Pitts.  Had a really good rookie season. 15.1 ypr is nothing to scoff at with just over 1000 yards.  Only one TD, though.

Forget the Sewell vs. Chase debate, there were quite a few saying how Pitts was going to be "impossible to cover" and would be a game changer.

Maybe he still will be, but I couldn't be happier with what I have seen from Ja'Marr Chase.  The kid is just flat out amazing. 

I was a Pitts backer not going to lie. Damn good player with crazy gifts but the right pick was Chase.

Like you said he is flat out amazing. He does things no other WR besides maybe Deebo Samuel does and Chase is more explosive.
Reply/Quote