Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Ate At Jeff Ruby's!
It was my parent's 50th wedding anniversary, so our family went to Jeff Ruby's in downtown Cincinnati and it was AMAZING!

I got lobster, which I'm kind of mad at myself for not getting the Steak Burrow, but I just didn't want to go through the hassle of having someone cut it up for me (I can do it but everyone else would be finished eating by the time I cut it up).

Prices are ridiculous but the food is unreal.

Anyone been to the one in Cincinnati?

Anyone been to one of his places anywhere else?

How'd you like it?
Reply/Quote
I've been to the downtown location and the Precinct.  It is extremely good and the service has always been top notch during my visits.

I always stick to the basics and get the filet mignon medium rare. It is so tender I feel like I could almost cut it with just a fork.  The downtown location has these potatoes that are sliced and layered and they really good.  For desert in my opinion there is no better choice than the Crème brûlée (yeah I had to look up how to spell and type that.  Tongue )

It is defiantly not a place for me to eat at regularly because it is expensive but that's what makes it so much better in my opinion to visit on special occasions.  It's a nice way to celebrate with friends and family and spoil ourselves once in a while.  I feel like if I had the money to eat there often it would lose its appeal after awhile.

I'm glad you enjoyed it Brad but next time get a steak even if you need assistance cutting it.  You won't regret it.  Also happy 50th to your parents.  :)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 09:19 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I've been to the downtown location and the Precinct.  It is extremely good and the service has always been top notch during my visits.

I always stick to the basics and get the filet mignon medium rare. It is so tender I feel like I could almost cut it with just a fork.  The downtown location has these potatoes that are sliced and layered and they really good.  For desert in my opinion there is no better choice than the Crème brûlée (yeah I had to look up how to spell and type that.  Tongue )

It is defiantly not a place for me to eat at regularly because it is expensive but that's what makes it so much better in my opinion to visit on special occasions.  It's a nice way to celebrate with friends and family and spoil ourselves once in a while.  I feel like if I had the money to eat there often it would lose its appeal after awhile.

I'm glad you enjoyed it Brad but next time get a steak even if you need assistance cutting it.  You won't regret it.  Also happy 50th to your parents.  :)

There an attendant in our private party room and I’m sure he wouldn’t have minded cutting it up or having the kitchen do it. Your description of it makes me hate myself that much more for not getting a steak.

I’m thinking I might try and get my family to go back for the 25-year anniversary in September.

On behalf of my parents, thank you!
Reply/Quote
I ate at Ruby’s in Cincy the night before a game and the place was buzzing. Jim Nantz was there and a few Bearcats were also there, it was the Saturday ESPN Gameday was in town for UC. I got the steak Collinsworth and some oysters. Best meal I’ve ever had. We went to Ruby’s in Nashville after the playoff game a couple of years ago as well. Good, but nowhere near as good as in Cincy IMO. The place, and Nashville as a whole, was crawling with Bengals fans.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 01:47 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I ate at Ruby’s in Cincy the night before a game and the place was buzzing. Jim Nantz was there and a few Bearcats were also there, it was the Saturday ESPN Gameday was in town for UC. I got the steak Collinsworth and some oysters. Best meal I’ve ever had. We went to Ruby’s in Nashville after the playoff game a couple of years ago as well. Good, but nowhere near as good as in Cincy IMO. The place, and Nashville as a whole, was crawling with Bengals fans.

Thinking I might go down to the Titans game, so good to know Ruby’s isn’t worth going to, or is it worth it but just not as good?

Nashville seems to be a center for Bengals fans and for Cinci people as a whole.

It was ridiculously expensive. Granted that we did get wine and all kinds of desserts, and I don’t know if the room we were in was an extra cost on our tab (doubt it), but our bill for nine of us was over seventeen hundred and then my brother left a $350 tip (not bragging because my brother is a high roller but no way in hell I have that kind of money).

I’m kind of upset now and wanting to go back and get a steak, so maybe I’ll recommend we do it for the 25-year anniversary of the wreck in September.

Did you get appetizers or drinks?
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 02:05 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Thinking I might go down to the Titans game, so good to know Ruby’s isn’t worth going to, or is it worth it but just not as good?

Nashville seems to be a center for Bengals fans and for Cinci people as a whole.

It was ridiculously expensive. Granted that we did get wine and all kinds of desserts, and I don’t know if the room we were in was an extra cost on our tab (doubt it), but our bill for nine of us was over seventeen hundred and then my brother left a $350 tip (not bragging because my brother is a high roller but no way in hell I have that kind of money).

I’m kind of upset now and wanting to go back and get a steak, so maybe I’ll recommend we do it for the 25-year anniversary of the wreck in September.

Did you get appetizers or drinks?

Don’t get me wrong, the Nashville location was also EXCELLENT, the Cincy location was just somehow a lot better I thought. As far as apps we got the Mac n cheese, asparagus, and oysters on the half shell and a couple bourbons. Don’t remember if we got dessert. You can’t go wrong with anything as far as I can tell.

Expensive yes, but I now will plan on going every time I get back in town to go to a game. One or two times a year these days.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 02:39 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Don’t get me wrong, the Nashville location was also EXCELLENT, the Cincy location was just better I thought. As far as apps we got the Mac n cheese, asparagus, and oysters on the half shell and a couple bourbons. Don’t remember if we got dessert. You can’t go wrong with anything as far as I can tell.

Expensive yes, but I now will plan on going every time I get back in town to go to a game. One or two times a year these days.

Forgot about the Mac n cheese…… I could eat that non-stop for an hour or more until I was completely full.

I’m kicking myself now for not getting a steak and just asking them to cut it up for me. The lobster was unreal but I was stupid to pass on steak that amazing.
Reply/Quote
Brad if you are looking for a slightly more budget friendly steak in the NKY area while you wait for your next trip to Ruby's you might check out a place in Crescent Springs called Behle Street by Sheli. They have a dish I really like called Steak O. It is an 8 oz. fillet with crab cake, bearnaise sauce and grilled asparagus. It isn't Ruby's for sure since they don't specialize in steak but still very good. Also their key lime pie is great.

I've enjoyed most of the menu items I've tried there. The only thing I don't care for is that a lot of the seating is outside in a covered area. The indoor seating is limited. It is by the train tracks by the Better Bodies gym. So occasionally a loud ass train goes through for a few minutes. But overall still a really nice place to eat.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 02:47 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Forgot about the Mac n cheese…… I could eat that non-stop for an hour or more until I was completely full.

I’m kicking myself now for not getting a steak and just asking them to cut it up for me. The lobster was unreal but I was stupid to pass on steak that amazing.

You’ll get some steak next time, my friend. It’s a must!
Reply/Quote
I checked out the menu and yes, it's pricey. Damn it looks good tho. I'm putting JR's on my bucket list, along with the Pine Club.

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 07:00 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Brad if you are looking for a slightly more budget friendly steak in the NKY area while you wait for your next trip to Ruby's you might check out a place in Crescent Springs called Behle Street by Sheli. They have a dish I really like called Steak O. It is an 8 oz. fillet with crab cake, bearnaise sauce and grilled asparagus. It isn't Ruby's for sure since they don't specialize in steak but still very good. Also their key lime pie is great.

I've enjoyed most of the menu items I've tried there. The only thing I don't care for is that a lot of the seating is outside in a covered area. The indoor seating is limited. It is by the train tracks by the Better Bodies gym. So occasionally a loud ass train goes through for a few minutes. But overall still a really nice place to eat.
It used to just be Behle Street! Tommy Behle was my mom’s cousin but then he died and Sheli took over and changed the name!

I’ve newer tried the steak there but I’ll have to my next time in!

I always typically get the buffalo tenders and the meatballs!

Good call because I LOVE it there!

(05-26-2024, 07:11 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: You’ll get some steak next time, my friend. It’s a must!
I’m already planning it out for the 25-year anniversary in September!
(05-26-2024, 10:20 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I checked out the menu and yes, it's pricey. Damn it looks good tho. I'm putting JR's on my bucket list, along with the Pine Club.

Definitely do. Save up and don’t order things to save money. Go all-out and treat yourself. It’s that good. You’ll remember it forever.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 10:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Definitely do. Save up and don’t order things to save money. Go all-out and treat yourself. It’s that good. You’ll remember it forever.

Sounds like an anniversary date in the planning.

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 07:00 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Brad if you are looking for a slightly more budget friendly steak in the NKY area while you wait for your next trip to Ruby's you might check out a place in Crescent Springs called Behle Street by Sheli. They have a dish I really like called Steak O. It is an 8 oz. fillet with crab cake, bearnaise sauce and grilled asparagus. It isn't Ruby's for sure since they don't specialize in steak but still very good. Also their key lime pie is great.

Fun fact: Mark Pike was one of the owners at Better Bodies and gave me a free membership and a free membership for anyone that brought me.

Great guy. RIP.
Reply/Quote
Yeah outta range of what im willing to spend on just food.

Glad you enjoyed it though
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2024, 12:08 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Yeah outta range of what im willing to spend on just food.

Glad you enjoyed it though

Understandable. 

Not a place I can go to much, if ever, without someone else buying.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 10:56 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Fun fact: Mark Pike was one of the owners at Better Bodies and gave me a free membership and a free membership for anyone that brought me.

Great guy. RIP.

That was cool of them to do.  The closest I've been to working out at the Better Bodies gym was to eat at Behle Street.  Tongue

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2024, 03:58 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: That was cool of them to do.  The closest I've been to working out at the Better Bodies gym was to eat at Behle Street.  Tongue

He used to give me a hard time whenever I'd even go a few days without going lol.

I haven't been in probably 14 or 15 years because, after I graduated and moved into the addition that my brother had built off the side of his house, Five Seasons is a two-minute roll from my place, so I can go whenever and also don't need to pay someone else to take me.

I do need to get back to Behle Street To Go (now Shelli's) to get some food!  

What's your go-to there or do you switch it up? 
Reply/Quote
Too pricey for my tastes.

Have a habit of going to places, liking the food, then never coming back because my significant other and I can make the same food, or better, for fractions of the price, and seem like amazing hosts for doing so!

Enjoy and let us know if you spot any trade or free agents there the Bengals may be courting!
Reply/Quote