Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Being Real!
(09-12-2017, 03:53 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Come on GF!  What in this post suggests that I am afraid of the 90s reappearing??  You're smarter than this!!  The only one afraid of the 90s is MB, which is WHY he's held on to Marvin for so long!!

AGAIN, I will say, you can't keep riding a nag who's doing the best he is capable of doing and expect different results.

I wasn't implying you were but after your post I could see the follow up post with other members fearing if Marvin left things would get worse. Its the worst argument for people who defend Marvin. 

You do have to admit Mike Brown had noting to do with the playoff losses under Marvin Lewis. Marvin had the players and coaches to get it done and he didn't every single time. Marvin has to go and I do blame Mike Brown 110% for keeping him around. 

To bring your conversation further I had absolutely no expectations with this team no matter who we aquired in the offseason for the simple fact that Marvin was still at he helm. 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 04:28 PM)GodFather Wrote: I wasn't implying you were but after your post I could see the follow up post with other members fearing if Marvin left things would get worse. Its the worst argument for people who defend Marvin. 

You do have to admit Mike Brown had noting to do with the playoff losses under Marvin Lewis. Marvin had the players and coaches to get it done and he didn't every single time. Marvin has to go and I do blame Mike Brown 110% for keeping him around. 

To bring your conversation further I had absolutely no expectations with this team no matter who we aquired in the offseason for the simple fact that Marvin was still at he helm. 

While we may not be 3-13 every year like the 90's...some 23 teams have been to the Super Bowl since we last won a playoff game. We're clearly an inferior team when it comes to postseason success.

We're atleast respectable during most regular seasons.

Is that the goal: Mediocrity?
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 04:28 PM)GodFather Wrote: I wasn't implying you were but after your post I could see the follow up post with other members fearing if Marvin left things would get worse. Its the worst argument for people who defend Marvin. 

I will bring it even further, MB has had 26 years and 4 other HCs with even worse results.  When Marvin DOES go, I do not trust MB to pick a good Head Coach.  The next HC will be his 6th and it will not be a fireball guy who does what he wants, because that guy doesn't fit Brown's mold and preference, which was why Wyche was let go.  

Yes, since MB can't be traded or fired, the only logical thing fans can hope for is that he picks somebody else as HC. But I have zero confidence that #6 will be an improvement. Could he be an improvement, of course, but don't bet the farm on it. Could he pick one that actually regresses to a 90s type era, absolutely, but I don't 'fear' that anymore than I fear a lion attacking me the next time I walk outside!!  

BTW his father may have already had a SB or 2 in the pocket, had he not let his ego get in the way and chose Bill Walsh instead of Tiger Johnson!
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 04:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Is that the goal: Mediocrity?

You'd have to ask MB that question since he has the last say!
Reply/Quote