Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Cancel NFL Draft Show
(03-15-2020, 01:21 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: I agree with everybody else that they could just do away with the big event and analyze picks.

BUT, we should keep in mind, if the draft is delayed much of it has to do with the fact that pro days, campus visits, and the like are being cancelled. The NFL may be hoping that many of these can be rescheduled given enough time, and the pandemic curve begins to flatten as we all hope.

Yea most teams have pulled their scouts and coaches from the Pro Day trail. I know everyone will be annoyed but I wouldn't complain if they pushed it back because I want to give the Bengals the time they need to get this right...

This could be a very important draft for the future of the franchise.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
ESPN Wrote:NFL plans to proceed with televised draft April 23-25, but public events in Las Vegas will not take place.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Announced today there will be no crowd. It will NOT be in Las Vegas with a huge crowd. THAT has been cancelled and for good reason.

The Draft will still be the same days in April planned, it is NOT delayed or postponed.

The News is they may go back to 1960's and 1970's, way before many of you. Going back to no audience, just the NFL Commish reading off the picks as they come in.

So no big crowd in Las Vegas and people can cancel those air travel, motels, rental cars and such.

No players in waiting rooms in crowds of people.

No players and Moms up on stage hugging like it's Price Is Right or Lets Make A Deal audience all Hugs & Kisses.

Just back in time to the very basic and simple Draft they had in 1960's and 1970's before ESPN.

It will be the same days in April. That doesn't change.

Really, all I care about is who The Bengals draft anyway.

To have had a large crowd for The Draft this year would have been stupid. I'm glad the NFL saw this and Made The Right Call.

The ESPN & NFL Network coverage as of now is just the NFL Commish reading off the picks as they come in on TV, no live audience. This would not stop ESPN or NFL Network from showing who's still on board, showing pick, showing game highlights of player picked. I will watch it and all I care about is who Bengals pick anyway. I NEVER tuned in to watch the Jets Fans act like idiots.

So there will be an NFL Draft, same dates.....Just not what you younger people have came to expect. It isn't going to be a Big Party Crowd this year. Maybe next year again, not this year.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The draft going back to its old ways will definitely help speed it up. It seems like they always fall behind by the early teens in the first round. Then #15 is finally announced while #18 has been on the clock for 5 minutes.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 01:24 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The draft going back to its old ways will definitely help speed it up. It seems like they always fall behind by the early teens in the first round. Then #15 is finally announced while #18 has been on the clock for 5 minutes.

Oh, and Day 3 of rounds 4 to 7, they don't even cover the picks.  Maybe this year they will.  Real Fans want to know Bengals picks after Round 3.   

I just hope we are all safe and sound watching it.  They are about ready to call the Military in to set up M.A.S.H units due to not enough hospitals.  I just hope everybody on here is in good health at home watching The Draft however they do it.  As Red Skelton said end of every show, Good Night and May God Bless. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote