Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Had A Tooth Pulled
Two days ago, a tooth on the bottom front starts hurting.

I can tolerate pain pretty well, so I took some Tylenol and figured it would go away. It worked for a little bit but then they'd wear off and the pain would be at an 8, which, for me, means a lot of pain.

This morning, my mom calls the dentist and they can get me in. I obviously don't have dental insurance so I had to just bite the bullet and pay out-of-pocket at this urgent care dental place in this shopping mall.

He numbed up the area, which it made it feel kind of numb, but it didn't feel like it did much for the pain!

It was bleeding a lot and I was drooling all over myself, which a lot of it was blood.

He couldn't get it out and kept switching between instruments, which hurt a lot, but he finally got it out and the pain is getting better and better!

Even in pain, the I dropped a "that's what she said comment" at something the nurse said and the doctor actually said the same thing I did as I started typing it!

Hilarious

(This nurse was young and more vulgar than the both of us, so don't think we were harassing her or anything! Hilarious )
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 04:56 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Two days ago, a tooth on the bottom front starts hurting.

I can tolerate pain pretty well, so I took some Tylenol and figured it would go away. It worked for a little bit but then they'd wear off and the pain would be at an 8, which, for me, means a lot of pain.

This morning, my mom calls the dentist and they can get me in. I obviously don't have dental insurance so I had to just bite the bullet and pay out-of-pocket at this urgent care dental place in this shopping mall.

He numbed up the area, which it made it feel kind of numb, but it didn't feel like it did much for the pain!

It was bleeding a lot and I was drooling all over myself, which a lot of it was blood.

He couldn't get it out and kept switching between instruments, which hurt a lot, but he finally got it out and the pain is getting better and better!

Even in pain, the I dropped a "that's what she said comment" at something the nurse said and the doctor actually said the same thing I did as I started typing it!

Hilarious

(This nurse was young and more vulgar than the both of us, so don't think we were harassing her or anything! Hilarious )

All 4 of my Wisdom Teeth came in perfectly when I was a teenager, but one cracked and got blown out last year and was causing a ton of pain in February (top-right).

Then my bottom-left one started getting some black decay and I was getting swollen gums in May. After 2 weeks of Amoxycillin, the swelling came back almost right away and they got me in for an emergency extraction. I get in, super professional and awesome, the doctor says, "we'll get it out in 2 or 3 drills." They didn't put me fully out, only localised anesthetic and then, it began! What was supposed to be 20 minutes and 2-3 drills, turned into 53 minutes and *7* drills of my tooth (I have, "black man," teeth), until it was finally out.

Got the blown out one and the one below it out in August and they put me completely out; I think I fell asleep lol.

Dentist-work is fun! Big Grin
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
This is my dentist.

[Image: latest?cb=20150625152503]

Reply/Quote
I have the unfortunate family trait of horrible teeth.

My first root canal was an emergency situation, where the pain started overnight, and by the time somewhere was open and could see me there was no way to numb the pain. It was the worst pain of my entire life, and I would not wish tooth pain on anyone on this earth.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 10:05 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I have the unfortunate family trait of horrible teeth.

My first root canal was an emergency situation, where the pain started overnight, and by the time somewhere was open and could see me there was no way to numb the pain. It was the worst pain of my entire life, and I would not wish tooth pain on anyone on this earth.

Believe me, tongue pain is the worst pain one can feel... aside from apparently, childbirth (of course, we can never know lol).

The pain I had that night in February... it was beyond horrific. But my tongue was worse... MUCH worse (if that's even possible).
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 11:53 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Believe me, tongue pain is the worst pain one can feel... aside from apparently, childbirth (of course, we can never know lol).

The pain I had that night in February... it was beyond horrific. But my tongue was worse... MUCH worse (if that's even possible).

I've heard that kidney stones are worse than childbirth.

I had two the size of golf balls!

Cry
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 04:09 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I've heard that kidney stones are worse than childbirth.

Cry

That's what I hear as well; awful thing to have Sad
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 11:53 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Believe me, tongue pain is the worst pain one can feel... aside from apparently, childbirth (of course, we can never know lol).

(11-06-2020, 04:09 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I've heard that kidney stones are worse than childbirth.

Cry

(11-06-2020, 10:51 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: That's what I hear as well; awful thing to have Sad

Kidney stones are the worse *full stop*

Any female that i've talked to that has had both, agree. I've had them 3 times in my life, twice last year. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Cry

How did they treat them?
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 10:05 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I have the unfortunate family trait of horrible teeth.

I had an abscessed tooth that needed a root canal.

https://wikem.org/wiki/Nerve_Block:_Inferior_Alveolar

Didn’t reach the Tom Hanks‘ knock my own tooth out with a rock and an ice skate in Cast Away level of pain. But, I did reach the do my own inferior aveolar nerve block using the bathroom mirror to guide the needle so I could keep working level of pain.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 02:30 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: How did they treat them?

I have insane girth so I just passed them without much of a problem  ThumbsUp

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Lithotripsy?  

You might know what it is, but they use a laser or shock waves to break up the kidney stones.  After that, I don't remember much pain or anything passing them, but maybe I was still messed up from the anesthesia to remember (I forget if I even needed anesthesia for it).
Reply/Quote
Even with him numbing the area, this was one of the worst pains I've been through, and pain usually doesn't bother me.
Reply/Quote
Oof. I also went to a hole in the wall dentist to get teeth extracted. 3 actually went well, but one was impacted and it was clearly beyond her capabilities. I had to go to another dentist to graft some of the skin from the top of my mouth to my gums to fix my jaw.

I'll always opt for general after that experience.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 07:45 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Oof. I also went to a hole in the wall dentist to get teeth extracted. 3 actually went well, but one was impacted and it was clearly beyond her capabilities. I had to go to another dentist to graft some of the skin from the top of my mouth to my gums to fix my jaw.

I'll always opt for general after that experience.

I'm kind of worried about the future because, with no insurance, I might have to keep going to hole-in-the-wall places and go through pain like that.
Reply/Quote