Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Had My 2nd Dose!
Mods, sorry if I should have included this in the other thread. I know you don't need my permission but feel free to merge if necessary. I just figured that this would be a good place to post everything from the actual vaccine.

The building was packed because so many people were getting their first dose and so many people were coming back for their second dose.

My arm's a little sore, I felt lightheaded on the way home, and then my stomach hurt for a half hour or less but, other than that, I feel fine!

I do also have a slight headache but nothing major.

They said the worst would be tonight and tomorrow morning and, if this is the worst, I'm sitting pretty......... literally!

It could get a lot worse tonight and/or tomorrow morning, but, like I said, I basically feel fine.

I hope everyone else is doing well, especially with the vaccine!
Reply/Quote
I've heard that the trick is to take ibuprofen or Tylenol in advance, and take it regularly for a day or two afterwards to minimize any of the side effects... Sorta like you would with pain meds after an orthopedic surgery... A day late, and dollar short I know.

Anyways... It's good to hear that you got it over with, and I remember awhile back the apprehension you had about getting it at all... Here in about 10 days you should head out and pop some bottles.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Hope that all turned out well for you. My father said his arm hurt like heck for most of the day, after he received his second shot. He did not report any other adverse side effects.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2021, 09:00 AM)jason Wrote: I've heard that the trick is to take ibuprofen or Tylenol in advance, and take it regularly for a day or two afterwards to minimize any of the side effects... Sorta like you would with pain meds after an orthopedic surgery... A day late, and dollar short I know.

Anyways... It's good to hear that you got it over with, and I remember awhile back the apprehension you had about getting it at all... Here in about 10 days you should head out and pop some bottles.

I took some Ibuprofen when I started getting a headache last night and it went away with pretty much no problem!

Thanks anyways for the advice and, even though my head doesn't hurt much right now (just a little), I'm going to take your advice before it gets worse!

I definitely was nervous, even on my way down there, because I kept thinking "my lungs are garbage and I'm intentionally infecting them......... will I be one of the rare deaths after everything I've been through?"

Might seem dramatic but I just kept thinking that, with my luck, it would happen and be the shittiest ending to a pretty wild story.

Waiting two full weeks to build antibodies just to be safe but then you're damn right that I'll be back to popping bottles and macking on the babes!

(03-13-2021, 09:01 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hope that all turned out well for you.  My father said his arm hurt like heck for most of the day, after he received his second shot.  He did not report any other adverse side effects.

Arm is still a little sore but, besides for that, no real side effects!  My head does hurt a little but nothing like they said it would!

I think it's just because I'm a meatdog and used to pain, so nothing bothers me unless it's ridiculous, but someone said maybe that one of the parts of the brain I'm missing is one that relays pain.  I don't think so because some things do hurt.

Who knows ConfusedHmm
Reply/Quote
How did you qualify for a second dose.....
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2021, 10:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How did you qualify for a second dose.....

It's a 2 dose procedure. You get the first and then 3 weeks later the second.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2021, 10:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How did you qualify for a second dose.....
I put on polka dot pants and a wig, went down to the nursing home, and got in line in front of a bunch of old people so a completely healthy person (me) could rob them of a chance of survival ThumbsUp

Hilarious
(03-13-2021, 10:21 PM)cinci4life Wrote: It's a 2 dose procedure. You get the first and then 3 weeks later the second.

I think he was making a joke from another thread...........
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2021, 10:21 PM)cinci4life Wrote: It's a 2 dose procedure. You get the first and then 3 weeks later the second.

Yeah, that was me just being a turd....but on a related note. It's slowly getting to where my population is about to be eligible and I need to understand the protocols better to better be aware and to advise my employees. 

I understand the Johnson and Johnson variant is a one dose, but it's not fully approved and you must sign a waiver to receive it. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
It has been two days and still nothing too bad........ slight headache at times but not even sure that it's related to the vaccine. Like I've said a few times though, I think one of the parts of the brain I'm missing controls my pain receptors (or whatever the hell you call it), so it could be a lot worse and it just doesn't register with my brain.

Now that I think about it, that could be a bad thing because, if something bad is happening with my body, it might not register enough for me to get it checked out if it's something serious..........

Oh well.

I still need 12 more days to build antibodies but I'm happy to have a big part of this over with!
Reply/Quote
I'm signed up for this Friday, I just became eligible last Thursday. I'm pre-scheduled three weeks apart for both doses. Taking a Tylenol beforehand sounds like a good idea. From people I have spoken with, a sore arm for a day or so is the main result. I really didn't want to procrastinate on this. I'll still wear a mask, but this opens up a chance to hop on a cheap flight for a vacation. I've felt a bit stuck at home for the last year. I'm retired and need a few days to just try to get away. Maybe a quick Vegas trip.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 04:49 AM)Goalpost Wrote: I'm signed up for this Friday,  I just became eligible last Thursday.  I'm pre-scheduled three weeks apart for both doses.  Taking a Tylenol beforehand sounds like a good idea.  From people I have spoken with, a sore arm for a day or so is the main result. I really didn't want to procrastinate on this.  I'll still wear a mask, but this opens up a chance to hop on a cheap flight for a vacation.  I've felt a bit stuck at home for the last year.  I'm retired and need a few days to just try to get away.  Maybe a quick Vegas trip.

Same about the mask and the trip.

I've felt a lot more at ease since I got the second dose, even though I need two more weeks to build antibodies and I haven't even been out in public much more than I had been before I got the second dose.

My arm is still a little sore and headaches are still common but ibuprofen takes care of both.  

Maybe I'll see you in Vegas!
Reply/Quote