Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Just How Bad Was Finley's Arm Strength...
This guy likely shouldn't have been drafted with this lack of arm strength. 24/25 year old rookie QB's seldom work out.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Well, they can now cross him off as a possible option at QB. At least they gave him a chance, to see if what we thought we saw in Preseason was anything worth putting time into, and it turns out that it's not.

Good luck in regular life, Ryan Finley. At least you have your multiple degrees in lucrative fields to fall back on. ThumbsUp
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 11:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, they can now cross him off as a possible option at QB.  At least they gave him a chance, to see if what we thought we saw in Preseason was anything worth putting time into, and it turns out that it's not.

Good luck in regular life, Ryan Finley.  At least you have your multiple degrees in lucrative fields to fall back on.   ThumbsUp

Yeah...I remember reports in the offseason that he was bad in practice...then he surprised in the preseason...

I question if he even can be a backup in the NFL which is what you insinuate. I agree.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 11:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, they can now cross him off as a possible option at QB. At least they gave him a chance, to see if what we thought we saw in Preseason was anything worth putting time into, and it turns out that it's not.

Good luck in regular life, Ryan Finley. At least you have your multiple degrees in lucrative fields to fall back on. ThumbsUp

Whoa whoa... It's only been 3 games.

Seriously though. If Bobby Hart got another contract, I see no reason this guy won't.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
He certainly doesn’t seem to have the strength to fire the ball between defenders before they can get a hand on it. Rounds two and four I’m calling a bust especially since we traded up for round four.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 11:39 PM)michaelsean Wrote: He certainly doesn’t seem to have the strength to fire the ball between defenders before they can get a hand on it. Rounds two and four I’m calling a bust especially since we traded up for round four.

I don't see how he succeeded in college with an arm that weak...
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 11:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't see how he succeeded in college with an arm that weak...

I’m thinking YAC
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 11:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And we were averaging 3.2 ypc under Dalton. The run game has been averaging 5.0 ypc in Finley's 3 starts. Meaning Andy was dragging that figure up, kicking and screaming, while Finley was dragging that run game down.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Who in the front office banged the Finley drum? We traded up for him for gods sake. Is it Tobin? Same guy who wanted Ogbuehi, Price, Ross etc..? GTFO of here with this horseshit. My god,, holy shit.

I hear Tobin has been out scouting QBs........ I might as well buy a shotgun and blow my foot off.

Changing coaches on this team with this front office is like changing toilet paper. New way to clean up the same shit.

Dude... Mike Brown.... Your decision making and your top people's decision making is total garbage. Get your ass out of the kitchen, higher some help
Reply/Quote
I'm surprised a couple haven't come on here and called you a Dalton Homer, or accused you of "showing your Andyness", whatever in the actual **** that is Rolleyes , for posting this. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
He's an athlete like a Josh Allen or Gardner Minshew. wts his pocket presence is Avg at best and his arm is Division 2 QB at the college level.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 01:06 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: And we were averaging 3.2 ypc under Dalton. The run game has been averaging 5.0 ypc in Finley's 3 starts. Meaning Andy was dragging that figure up, kicking and screaming, while Finley was dragging that run game down.

While not great, our passing game was ranked somewhere in the middle with Dalton.

The run game was on pace for a historic low in yardage.

Then, bye week and the coaches adjusted somewhat.

It's funny...Marvin supposedly didn't make halftime adjustments. These coaches took half a season to make adjustments. Seriously, IF you're Turner and you've been a coach for some 25 years...how does it take you this long to make an adjustment?
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 01:38 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Who in the front office banged the Finley drum? We traded up for him for gods sake. Is it Tobin? Same guy who wanted Ogbuehi, Price, Ross etc..? GTFO of here with this horseshit. My god,, holy shit.

I hear Tobin has been out scouting QBs........ I might as well buy a shotgun and blow my foot off.

Changing coaches on this team with this front office is like changing toilet paper. New way to clean up the same shit.

Dude... Mike Brown.... Your decision making and your top people's decision making is total garbage. Get your ass out of the kitchen, higher some help

I think it was Taylor. He worked with him pre-draft and apparently liked him.
Reply/Quote
Interestingly enough, it was Ryan himself who decided to take on my avatar challenge. Ha!
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 11:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't see how he succeeded in college with an arm that weak...

Shows how HUGE a difference there is between college football and the NFL. I always crack up at those people who think the best college team would even remotely be competitive against the worst NFL team. 
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 10:53 AM)Fullrock Wrote: Shows how HUGE a difference there is between college football and the NFL. I always crack up at those people who think the best college team would even remotely be competitive against the worst NFL team. 

In college a QB might have a 5-6 foot window to fit a ball in. In the Pros that windows is MUCH smaller.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 10:33 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: While not great, our passing game was ranked somewhere in the middle with Dalton.

The run game was on pace for a historic low in yardage.

Then, bye week and the coaches adjusted somewhat.

It's funny...Marvin supposedly didn't make halftime adjustments. These coaches took half a season to make adjustments. Seriously, IF you're Turner and you've been a coach for some 25 years...how does it take you this long to make an adjustment?

In fairness, it is really difficult to rip up am entire blocking scheme mid season that you installed all of training camp. Week to week you are preparing for your specific opponent and you would be hard-pressed to change an entire blocking scheme with that limited amount of time. Obviously, they self- scouted during the bye week and implemented some changes in the scheme at that point. I'll give them some credit for that as it obviously has made a difference. The problem is that they didn't recognize in training camp that the original scheme didn't fit the personnel. 
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 10:54 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: In college a QB might have a 5-6 foot window to fit a ball in. In the Pros that windows is MUCH smaller.

Exactly. Much smaller and closes much faster.
Reply/Quote