Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just In Case Reds Are Awful In 2016....
......I got on MLB.com and for free have 3 Fantasy League Teams.....I don't expect to win anything, but it might make baseball season a little fun even if experts are right about Reds losing around 100 games......The Whyaducks, The Anchor Babies and The Trumphands Willys.......at least I had fun picking out the names, and making moves to upgrade my rosters before the season. ....2 teams have Houston as my pitching staff, and 1 has St Louis. Both should win a lot of games, so I like the pitching I got. ...For free, what the heck. might make season a little fun.....and it's making me in my 60's learn names of new young players besides just who is on the Reds. 

I'm a rookie on Fantasy Leagues.  I did do one in 2000 that you had to pay to change players during season and that thing was a waste of money, and using my Visa card and the interest charged was a mistake. ....but since this is free, what the heck.  Something to do if Reds do lose 100 games, as I wait for Bengals again.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I remember the days when the only time I even checked the box score was when Mario Soto was starting.
Reply/Quote
Just in case? LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I haven't paid enough attention to baseball stats over the past 20 years to come up with a lineup. Right now I'd have better luck standing outside of a bank waiting for someone to rob the place and make a mad dash out the door and drop all the cash at my feet just as a bus was stopping right out front during a blizzard in August and every cop car in town has a flat tire and out of gas..

I like those odds better than the Reds..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2016, 06:10 PM)Wyche Wrote: Just in case? LMAO

This ^^^

I mean is there seriously any doubt LMAO

This is gonna be UGLY, the sooner everyone accepts that the better. I accepted that last year so I'm used to it and don't really even care. Reds are gonna bomb the next few seasons and get top 3 picks each year (almost guaranteed to be #1 overall pick next season). 

That is not a bad thing though, we weren't gonna win anything anyway and need to add a couple of young controllable studs to the roster. Give it 2-3 years and we may have a small window with Votto still playing at a high level to make a run at it. Plus save up all of that payroll over the next few years and spend big when we have a good roster again to try to put the team over the top. 

By now everyone should know that the reds with their payroll will not be perennial contenders. As long as they are smart about it we can still have hope of winning it all in the next 5 years. Just be happy the Bengals will hopefully stay contenders long enough to give us something enjoyable to watch in the meantime.
Reply/Quote
The Reds lack a number 3 starter. Unbelievable.
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2016, 03:47 AM)Storer50 Wrote: The Reds lack a number 3 starter. Unbelievable.

Yeah but they got til Thursday to get one.  How hard can it be to find a major league pitcher in three days?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Gets home, turns on the Reds, very first pitch witnessed this season=Billy Hamilton strike out, turns off Reds, does yard work.
Reply/Quote
Where is the "2016 Cincinnati Reds thread"?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2016, 12:10 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: This ^^^

I mean is there seriously any doubt LMAO

This is gonna be UGLY, the sooner everyone accepts that the better. I accepted that last year so I'm used to it and don't really even care. Reds are gonna bomb the next few seasons and get top 3 picks each year (almost guaranteed to be #1 overall pick next season). 

That is not a bad thing though, we weren't gonna win anything anyway and need to add a couple of young controllable studs to the roster. Give it 2-3 years and we may have a small window with Votto still playing at a high level to make a run at it. Plus save up all of that payroll over the next few years and spend big when we have a good roster again to try to put the team over the top. 

By now everyone should know that the reds with their payroll will not be perennial contenders. As long as they are smart about it we can still have hope of winning it all in the next 5 years. Just be happy the Bengals will hopefully stay contenders long enough to give us something enjoyable to watch in the meantime.

Agree 100%.....it's full on rebuild mode.  It happens.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
If the re-boot is going to work we will know by the end of 2017. If the prospects we traded for aren't looking good after 2 years it will be very ugly.
Reply/Quote
Hey, we're in first place tied with the Cubs.. it very likely won't last, but enjoy it while we can..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote