Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Lazy: Andre Smith Returns
Some things never change.

This is why until Tobin is gone, not much will improve with this team and their "Model, Model".

More reason why we need more than 1 scout.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I called it yesterday in another thread!

Honestly, I know people have visions of signing some good, recently waived Tackle...but lots of teams need Tackles. Smith is better than the undrafted free agents we have at backup now.
Reply/Quote
Smith would have been out of the league 3 years ago if it wasn't for the Bengals. A college free agent can hold their own better than Andre can at this stage of his "career".

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2019, 03:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I called it yesterday in another thread!

Honestly, I know people have visions of signing some good, recently waived Tackle...but lots of teams need Tackles. Smith is better than the undrafted free agents we have at backup now.

For a Backup Its a good signing...  and can possibly push Hart at RT...
Reply/Quote
Holy sh1t. Are they really serious
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2019, 03:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: Smith would have been out of the league 3 years ago if it wasn't for the Bengals. A college free agent can hold their own better than Andre can at this stage of his "career".

Well then the College Free Agents on the roster should knock him right off if that holds weight.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2019, 03:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I called it yesterday in another thread!

I'm hoping we grab someone on cutdown day, but you need enough guys to get through TC and 4 preseason games before you get there.
Reply/Quote
I can't believe we are so brainwashed as Bengal fans we think it's a good thing they can't let go of should have been long retired Andre Smith.

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2019, 04:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well then the College Free Agents on the roster should knock him right off if that holds weight.

Not with Tobin and MB in charge. They probably feel more "comfortable" with Andre.

Why we always go after people nobody else wants is beyond me.

And folks trust Tobin with a rebuild?

Reply/Quote
Along with signing Andre, they also make the following moves:

Sign:
-LS D. Godsil

Waive:
-K. Whitfield

Place on PUP:
-DB D. Dennard
-DB D. Phillips
-G A. Redmond
-T J. Williams

Active/Non-Football Injury:
-HB R. Anderson
Reply/Quote
...There aren't starting quality tackles walking around the street right now, especially not until later in camp when guys start getting cut. We need guys who can play with 2nd and 3rd units in the preseason and the evil you know is better than the evil you don't. Why people freak out over something like this is strange.

They could make a trade later in camp, they could sign a vet who is cut, maybe they raid someone's practice squad...but right now this really isn't a big deal.
Reply/Quote
It’s not like there are starter quality tackles currently available. He’s at least the 3rd best tackle on the roster (not counting Jonah).
Reply/Quote
I don't mind the signing honestly. Smith isn't someone I'm hyped for, but he's good depth and he could push Hart. We need depth extremely bad right now, so I don't know why people would get upset with it.
Reply/Quote
It's clear that it is Dukes team and not Taylor's team.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
To anyone upset by this, please list the better available alternatives.

If he's starting on opening day, then maybe we have a problem.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
This is the offensive line help they "hinted" at? Hilarious
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2019, 04:34 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: This is the offensive line help they "hinted" at?   Hilarious

Or is it just to have enough OT's to conduct a training camp?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2019, 04:37 PM)McC Wrote: Or is it just to have enough OT's to conduct a training camp?

That would make more sense.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: tumblr_nr47a0lKdc1qgjeodo1_400.gif]

*Waits for a safety injury and subsequent signing of Chris Crocker.*

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Where is the mandatory Smith moobs pic?
Reply/Quote