Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just.....NO
(10-02-2019, 11:14 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I don't have a problem with this. You don't dog your players in public. If you want to watch a real implosion, go ahead and have Zac start saying his players suck during press conferences. Support them in public, and then discuss everything realistically in private.

Again....The world can literally watch the Bengals play every Sunday. Their job performance is broadcast to the WORLD! This isn’t a shift manager at a factory telling Jimbo he needs to “pick it up” because his job performance is affecting the bottom line. LITERALLY EVERYONE ON SPORTS TALK SHOWS ARE TALKING ABOUT HOW BAD THE O-LINE IS! These are not secrets! Why Lie to our faces...I mean is Bobby Hart going to play WORSE if he gets called out.....is that even possible.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 11:14 AM)lone bengal Wrote: I kinda feel bad for the people that are tasked with running the Bengals social media account that’s a tough job lol. I like reading the comments on Bengals twitter there hilarious. I remember last year the Bengals tweeted happy holidays and every reply was shut up and fire Marvin. Also they were telling fans tickets were available for a December game and asked fans to come watch and  one comment said “ I’d rather shit my pants “ lol. Making fun of the Bengals when they suck for me takes away from some of the misery of being a fan.

lol . Whats funny is that they removed the forum section from their website which was getting more and more negatitive overall, but at least it was kept 'in house'. They said they are moving to social media! Now all that negativity is out in the open with much easier access for the world to see. Bit of poetic justice perhaps for closing down the forums. But it did lead to this one which is better ran with better mods.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 11:26 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Again....The world can literally watch the Bengals play every Sunday. Their job performance is broadcast to the WORLD! This isn’t a shift manager at a factory telling Jimbo he needs to “pick it up” because his job performance is affecting the bottom line. LITERALLY EVERYONE ON SPORTS TALK SHOWS ARE TALKING ABOUT HOW BAD THE O-LINE IS! These are not secrets! Why Lie to our faces...I mean is Bobby Hart going to play WORSE if he gets called out.....is that even possible.

If everyone knows the Bengals suck what is the point of ZT (whom everyone is watching suck, as well) reiterating that stuff?  It's his job as the HC of the Bengals to make chicken salad out of chicken shit, so he could have just stayed in LA if he didn't want to do his job here.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 11:35 AM)Nately120 Wrote: If everyone knows the Bengals suck what is the point of ZT (whom everyone is watching suck, as well) reiterating that stuff?  It's his job as the HC of the Bengals to make chicken salad out of chicken shit, so he could have just stayed in LA if he didn't want to do his job here.

To let the fan base know that when he said he was going to hold this team to a “high standard” as he repeated multiple times in his press conferences, he wasn’t just spouting bullshit.
Reply/Quote
How much does this happen because Andy is a nice guy? I'm sure maybe many think it wont help to get mad at your offensive line. Whatever they are doing, doesn't help him. He has no time to throw and looks like trash then. Can it get worse? They're paid ***** millions. You have to handle the critic, including the coach. If you can't handle the critique, you can go home crying rich, at least.

Does anyone think Andy Dalton is different person in the locker room than he is on camera?

Maybe, probably, they do talk about their shortcomings in the locker room - but who is the one doing that. Maybe they're all playing up to their potential and they just simply suck ass. We have plenty of starters you have to wonder if another team would have on their team.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 11:26 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Again....The world can literally watch the Bengals play every Sunday. Their job performance is broadcast to the WORLD! This isn’t a shift manager at a factory telling Jimbo he needs to “pick it up” because his job performance is affecting the bottom line. LITERALLY EVERYONE ON SPORTS TALK SHOWS ARE TALKING ABOUT HOW BAD THE O-LINE IS! These are not secrets! Why Lie to our faces...I mean is Bobby Hart going to play WORSE if he gets called out.....is that even possible.

It is actually. He could play as bad as Michael Jordan has  :troll:
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 11:56 AM)ochocincos Wrote: It is actually. He could play as bad as Michael Jordan has  :troll:

Do you think THE Michael Jordan has contacted This Michael Jordan and been like, “Look man, is it possible to just go by Mike Jordan, or spell it differently or something!”

I actually think Jordan has potential though. Hopefully he can take his rookie lumps and come back stronger next year.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 10:59 AM)Nately120 Wrote: In all fairness, most leaders who are worth their salt don't publicly slag on their underlings.  The only thing ZT could do during this 0-4 start that would make things worse would be to spend his time at the podium whining about how he's a victim and only a fool would expect him to win with the hand he's been dealt.  Also, he spent the off-season talking about Bobby Hart and Jim Turner being awesome, so the guy has been full of crap since day 1 whether we wanted to admit it or not.  

It's also interesting that during the off-season we were crowing about how there is no way a roster this talented and win-now would win less than 7 or 8 games and now that we are 0-4 and ZT looks lost we finally start to decide that we have one of the most talent-poor rosters in the NFL. 

ZT is in over his head and the only thing that will give him some clout to the fans is winning and with this team he is in for a long season.If all of you want to start making a difference,do not support them,do not go to games,and demand Mr.Mike Brown to step down and hire a GM.IF he does not,ask the city to let them go down the road.Alot of cities would take them,regardless of winning/losing.I have watched this insanity for fifty years and my wife wants my brain to get tested.She hates football and has always said players are paid way to much to do nothing.She thinks it is crazy to pay these men this kind of money when her heart is about helping people in need,like the vets and old folks.She depises the money these guys get paid and would never support any sports.To her its maddening and I am starting to believe her.HELP !!!!! :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul:
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 12:01 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Do you think THE Michael Jordan has contacted This Michael Jordan and been like, “Look man, is it possible to just go by Mike Jordan, or spell it differently or something!”

I actually think Jordan has potential though. Hopefully he can take his rookie lumps and come back stronger next year.

Every rookie has potential and deserves time to grow. Can't write off after just one year.
Personally, I thought Westerman was going to start at LG this year with Jordan as the backup, but that didn't happen and it left the team in more of a scramble.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 10:30 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: That's just standard coach speak. He's not going to stand there and say our QB sucks, our OT's suck. our LBers suck, we have a CB who can't tackle to save his ass, 4 games into the season. I'm quite sure ZT knows the shortcomings on this team but it was impossible to fix them in 5 months or whatever.

This.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 10:14 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: This is directly from Bengals Twitter:

"We have the right guys here. We have the right type of people here. Everybody is going to stick together. We have this from the beginning, regardless of the circumstances of these games, we've stuck together."

Are they serious!? It’s like they are talking to parents of a 5th grade PeeWee team. “WE HAVE THE RIGHT GUYS HERE” ....WTF! Did they even watch the game Monday night? It’s just unbelievable they think we can’t see that this team is a shit show. What is worse, is that I seriously think they believe this crap they are spewing.

well if those guys played better and executed to the level of their pay... We would be doing much better
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 10:36 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Exactly. If he calls out players, there's a chance those players turn on him and stop trying at all (or refuse to play like Antonio Brown did with Oakland). One would think he realizes the team did a poor job of bringing in good talent and/or developing it quick enough at certain positions (OL, LB specifically). Also, at this point, there really aren't better options out there to just magically bring in. Gotta ride with what ya got this year and make personnel adjustments after the season.

I feel like it is just wishful thinking that any personnel adjustments will come in the offseason. We could go 0-16 (and we might) and Mikey boy will still just bring in a couple bottom of the barrel free agents that nobody has ever heard of and claim this is outlr year. I really feel like after having one of the worst seasons since the 90s this year, Mike Brown will STILL be too stubborn to make any real changes. He'll be more worried about concession prices and what new golf cart he is gonna get to sit his fat ass on so he can make sure he is watching training camp in style next year. SEIZE THE DEY BABY!
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 01:39 PM)BleedOnB Wrote: I feel like it is just wishful thinking that any personnel adjustments will come in the offseason. We could go 0-16 (and we might) and Mikey boy will still just bring in a couple bottom of the barrel free agents that nobody has ever heard of and claim this is outlr year. I really feel like after having one of the worst seasons since the 90s this year, Mike Brown will STILL be too stubborn to make any real changes. He'll be more worried about concession prices and what new golf cart he is gonna get to sit his fat ass on so he can make sure he is watching training camp in style next year. SEIZE THE DEY BABY!

Yep. We'll sign maybe a washed up veteran or 2 that fans recognize the name of.

We'll draft and write fluff pieces about how great the guys are. Hey remember how Pratt was our answer at LB?
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 01:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. We'll sign maybe a washed up veteran or 2 that fans recognize the name of.

We'll draft and write fluff pieces about how great the guys are. Hey remember how Pratt was our answer at LB?

They didn't even really do that this past offseason.
When they signed John Miller, Kerry Wynn, and John Jerry I said, "WHO?!"
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 10:30 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: That's just standard coach speak. He's not going to stand there and say our QB sucks, our OT's suck. our LBers suck, we have a CB who can't tackle to save his ass, 4 games into the season. I'm quite sure ZT knows the shortcomings on this team but it was impossible to fix them in 5 months or whatever.

This.

It is absolutely coach speak, but no, they do not have the right people there.
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton is the one that was talking about sticking together. Maybe Zack Taylor said it to I’m not sure. But that is primarily what Dalton was talking about. Sticking together.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 02:40 PM)HuDey Wrote: This.

It is absolutely coach speak, but no, they do not have the right people there.

Actually we have the right people in place if the goal was to be 0-4
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 03:00 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Andy Dalton is the one that was talking about sticking together. Maybe Zack Taylor said it to I’m not sure. But that is primarily what Dalton was talking about. Sticking together.

I think he said "stinking together" actually. 
Reply/Quote
Bengals in Cincy may not even make it to 2026 or whenever the deal is up. They couldn't even sell out their home opener with a new coach and moral victory against Seattle.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 10:42 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: But why not say that. Why do we treat pro athletes like 5 year olds. If I suck at my job, I’m definitely going to hear about it. Why not say, “ Our offensive line play is unacceptable from top to bottom, if they can’t get the job done, then we’ll find guys who can.”  These are grown men getting paid millions to play a game and no one should give a damn if their feelings are hurt. Especially the coach.

Who's to say he doesnt? That is a closed door conversations. One thing I've regognized with Zac is his honesty and is acceptance of blame. He's doing what a leader does. You can't throw a player under the bus on national stage. 

Reply/Quote