Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Realized
With 17 regular season games, there are no longer going to be any .500 teams (unless a team goes 8-8-1) by season's end. Each team will either have a winning season or losing season.

No more "non-losing" seasons for the Bengals: only winning and losing seasons, though I wouldn't put it past us to go 8-8-1 under Zac Taylor. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Excellent calculations my friend... All jokes aside, the 17th game is ridiculous. The players don't want it, and it goofs up the teams' records. The NFL is the only sport in this country with an odd number of games season.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 12:10 PM)PhilHos Wrote: With 17 regular season games, there are no longer going to be any .500 teams (unless a team goes 8-8-1) by season's end. Each team will either have a winning season or losing season.

No more "non-losing" seasons for the Bengals: only winning and losing seasons, though I wouldn't put it past us to go 8-8-1 under Zac Taylor. Ninja

Non-losing was more a Marvin thing. I was never worried about going 8-8 under Zac Taylor because 8 wins takes him 3 years to accumulate.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 12:12 PM)jason Wrote: Excellent calculations my friend... All jokes aside, the 17th game is ridiculous. The players don't want it, and it goofs up the teams' records. The NFL is the only sport in this country with an odd number of games season.

I'm pretty sure the 17 game season is just a compromise on the way to the 18 game season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 12:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm pretty sure the 17 game season is just a compromise on the way to the 18 game season.

Yup... Nailed it the 18th game will be here before we know it.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 12:12 PM)jason Wrote: Excellent calculations my friend... All jokes aside, the 17th game is ridiculous. The players don't want it, and it goofs up the teams' records. The NFL is the only sport in this country with an odd number of games season.

I disagree. I like having more meaningful games and I say that as a fan of a team who's oftentimes out of the playoff hunt by September. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 12:10 PM)PhilHos Wrote: With 17 regular season games, there are no longer going to be any .500 teams (unless a team goes 8-8-1) by season's end. Each team will either have a winning season or losing season.

What are you...some sort of math wizard..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Taylor needs to get 9 wins to stay as HC after this season, IMO.
Getting just 6-8 is not enough given the FAs and draft picks that were added in the offseason.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 12:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What are you...some sort of math wizard..

[Image: EU770iAUUAAPPPt.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 01:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Taylor needs to get 9 wins to stay as HC after this season, IMO.
Getting just 6-8 is not enough given the FAs and draft picks that were added in the offseason.

About the only thing I see saving Taylor outside of a 9 win season would be the usual "Injury" excuse.    Seems our FO has a habit of taking the number of injuries and who was injured into account when making these determinations.    Not saying I agree or like it, but we've seen it happen on more then one occasion.  
Reply/Quote
18 regular seasons games is the goal. I have no problem with 2 preseason games and 18 regular season games.
Reply/Quote

Season ticket holders (who invest financially) may disagree. They pay the same price for a preseason game as a regular season game.

Would you prefer you 4 preseason games and 16 regular season games or 3 preseason games and 17 regular season games?

I choose less preseason games every time.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I just realized today that the Bengals don't play again until a week from this coming Sunday. Why 2 weeks between the last preseason game and the first regular season game? Would anyone care to enlighten me about this? In the past, didn't the first regular season game start the next week after the preseason ended?
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 01:46 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Season ticket holders (who invest financially) may disagree. They pay the same price for a preseason game as a regular season game.

Would you prefer you 4 preseason games and 16 regular season games or 3 preseason games and 17 regular season games?

I choose less preseason games every time.

I was good with 16... You can still drop a preseason game. Or go to 18... This ***** up home and away parity too. It's dumb. That's why no other league has done it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 12:42 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I disagree. I like having more meaningful games and I say that as a fan of a team who's oftentimes out of the playoff hunt by September. 

Me too
Reply/Quote
I think the FO needs to start looking for a new head coach regardless of what the record is for Zac this season. Time to move on with better, seasoned coaches. 15 yr teasers like Marvin are not acceptable.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 01:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Taylor needs to get 9 wins to stay as HC after this season, IMO.

This.
Reply/Quote

So Bienemy as HC in 2022 is still in play...
Reply/Quote