Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Received A Message On Facebook......
From a random person, which isn't that unusual because I'll get requests to present or just comments about my life from random people, but then I started reading it:

Quote:Just wanted to introduce myself! My brother was in a car accident the same night as you and we were there night after night along side your family. When I came across your name on FB and seen how well you are doing it made my day. My brother didn’t have the same outcome, sadly we lost him 4yrs later. We just keep telling ourselves everything happens for a reason not sure yet what that reason is but someday maybe we will figure that out. Just want to say you are an inspiration and I am so happy to see how far you have come, truly is a miracle

That's unreal but then so just emotional to know how things could have gone the other way for me.

Amazing how she remembered me, too, since they were more worried about their own family member to even pay much attention to what else was going on, which isn't saying anything bad about them, but just that no one in that situation would be paying much attention to what else is going on around them.

I didn't know what to say, so the only thing I could think of was:

Quote:Wow. That's unbelievable. I'm at a complete loss for words. I'm so sorry that you lost your brother but I am glad that you have seemed to find peace.

I am very happy to meet you though! I am very blessed to even be alive, much-less to be able to think and function enough to do as much as I have!

I would absolutely LOVE to meet you some day and maybe (if you're comfortable enough) you could even come to one of my presentations that I give as a public "speaker" to high schools and colleges.

It's AMAZING to hear from you and I hope that you're doing well!

Let me know if you're comfortable enough to meet me or even come to one of my presentations sometime!

I kind of felt bad because I didn't want to feel like I was rubbing it in that I'm still alive. I think I'm going to invite her to one of my presentations.

Anyways, I thought it was cool after this long.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 12:09 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: From a random person, which isn't that unusual because I'll get requests to present or just comments about my life from random people, but then I started reading it:

That's unreal but then so just emotional to know how things could have gone the other way for me.

Amazing how she remembered me, too, since they were more worried about their own family member to even pay much attention to what else was going on, which isn't saying anything bad about them, but just that no one in that situation would be paying much attention to what else is going on around them.

I didn't know what to say, so the only thing I could think of was:

I kind of felt bad because I didn't want to feel like I was rubbing it in that I'm still alive.  I think I'm going to invite her to one of my presentations.

Anyways, I thought it was cool after this long.

It's shitty you have to think this way, but be careful that it's a scam. People do this sometimes where they create an emotional connection to get close enough to people who went through a tragedy then try to leverage it into some sort of monetary gain. If you meet her and she tells you how much medical debt they incurred and still have that is a red flag 100%. It's easy to create a story that relates to someone when their story is so public. 
Reply/Quote