Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Just Slide"; Burrow has a fan
 https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1447989720651272194
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 03:55 PM)jj22 Wrote:  https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1447989720651272194

If burrow listens he might still be playing at Rodgers age.
Reply/Quote
He’s a real competitor, sometimes that’s a detriment. It makes me think that no matter what the bengals do Joe might have a short window to win unless he learns to throw balls away a little more frequently and slide on scramble plays.
Reply/Quote
Sorry guys. I haven't figured out how to place a "tweet" in here cleanly.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 05:28 PM)jj22 Wrote: Sorry guys. I haven't figured out how to place a "tweet" in here cleanly.

Why is posting images, videos and all that so hard here?
Reply/Quote
Interesting that Rodgers mentions Luck, a player who came into the league when he (Rodgers) was already great and who left when he was still an MVP type qb. Lots of people hammered Indy for not protecting Luck with better linemen, but Luck did a lot of the damage to himself. He was a large, tough qb that never shied from contact. He never should have been out there trying to run over DBs and linebackers. That's absolutely stupid when you play the most important position in all of pro sports. I unfortunately see a lot of that attitude in Burrow. He's not a big guy like Luck, but he's way too willing to sacrifice his health for very little gain on the field.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 09:57 PM)samhain Wrote: Interesting that Rodgers mentions Luck, a player who came into the league when he (Rodgers) was already great and who left when he was still an MVP type qb. Lots of people hammered Indy for not protecting Luck with better linemen, but Luck did a lot of the damage to himself. He was a large, tough qb that never shied from contact. He never should have been out there trying to run over DBs and linebackers. That's absolutely stupid when you play the most important position in all of pro sports. I unfortunately see a lot of that attitude in Burrow. He's not a big guy like Luck, but he's way too willing to sacrifice his health for very little gain on the field.

Yep. Burrow has to find a happy medium with that aspect of his game. Can’t be all the time.

Reply/Quote
I concur with Rodgers, just slide Joe

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I think Joe focuses on the first down marker so much, he doesn't pay attention to those closing on him. He knows as soon as he starts to slide, his progress is stopped, and he wants that marker. He just needs to learn to let the play go and get it next time. Hard for a young QB to do.
Reply/Quote