Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Just Watched Bengals Beat Chiefs Replay on NFL Network
It's hard to believe this is all in January. Ohio State won Rose Bowl January 1st. Bengals beat Chiefs to Win AFC North January 2nd. Rested most of team against Browns. A hard fought win against Raiders in Cincy in Play-Offs. A hard fought win against Titans in Tennessee in Play-Offs. Now to AFC Championship against Kansas City Chiefs again. ALL IN JANUARY.

Watching that again and Chiefs up 21 to 7 early. Then 28 to 14 and First Half ends 28 to 17. The Chiefs would only get a field goal rest of the game. After 28 to 14, Bengals beat them 20 to 3 the rest of game. Great Defense and Great Offense.

We see Bills give Chiefs the ball back with 13 seconds and Chiefs still tie the game in 13 seconds. Here is where Bengals getting down near the goal line with over 3 minutes, but never scoring a touchdown paid off. A holding penalty on Chiefs also gave Bengals from 4th down to 1st down at the 1 yard line. At the end Burrow had to leave and Allen came in for the last 2 snap kneel downs. McPHERSON GAME WINNING KICK as TIME RAN OUT....Mahomes NEVER got the ball back.

I enjoyed watching it again tonight on NFL NETWORK. It seems like a year ago, but it was just this same month of January.

Coach Taylor made some crucial going for it on 4th down moves. The one that could have been disaster was 4th down still not at the 50, Chiefs would have got great field position. Higgins reached out on that screen pass, and how he caught it, I don't know, and then he ran for the 1st down. So many big plays by everybody in that game. The celebration at end as Bengals Win the AFC North. What a Game. What a Month. Just beating out tough Browns, Steelers and Ravens to win AFC North was HARD. AFC North had no easy teams.

Watching this, I thought, when Bengals beat Chiefs again, they really won't be able to send any coaches to the Senior Bowl, but who cares if Bengals are GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL.

Who Dey
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 05:54 AM)kevin Wrote: It's hard to believe this is all in January.  Ohio State won Rose Bowl January 1st.  Bengals beat Chiefs to Win AFC North January 2nd. Rested most of team against Browns.  A hard fought win against Raiders in Cincy in Play-Offs.  A hard fought win against Titans in Tennessee in Play-Offs.  Now to AFC Championship against Kansas City Chiefs again.  ALL IN JANUARY.  

Watching that again and Chiefs up 21 to 7 early.  Then 28 to 14 and First Half ends 28 to 17.  The Chiefs would only get a field goal rest of the game.  After 28 to 14, Bengals beat them 20 to 3 the rest of game.  Great Defense and Great Offense.

We see Bills give Chiefs the ball back with 13 seconds and Chiefs still tie the game in 13 seconds.  Here is where Bengals getting down near the goal line with over 3 minutes, but never scoring a touchdown paid off.  A holding penalty on Chiefs also gave Bengals from 4th down to 1st down at the 1 yard line.  At the end Burrow had to leave and Allen came in for the last 2 snap kneel downs.  McPHERSON GAME WINNING KICK as TIME RAN OUT....Mahomes NEVER got the ball back.

I enjoyed watching it again tonight on NFL NETWORK.   It seems like a year ago, but it was just this same month of January.

Coach Taylor made some crucial going for it on 4th down moves.  The one that could have been disaster was 4th down still not at the 50, Chiefs would have got great field position.  Higgins reached out on that screen pass, and how he caught it, I don't know, and then he ran for the 1st down.  So many big plays by everybody in that game.  The celebration at nd as Bengals Win the AFC North.  What a Game. What a Month.  Just beating out tough Browns, Steelers and Ravens to win AFC North was HARD.  AFC North had no easy teams.

Watching this, I thought, when Bengals beat Chiefs again, they really won't be able to send any coaches to the Senior Bowl, but who cares if Bengals are GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL.

Who Dey

We beat the Chiefs before, we can do it again.

I can't wait, everyone is doubting us!! If we can protect Joe and not give up a bunch of sacks again I think we will be fine.

Who Dey!!!  Tiger
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 05:58 AM)magikod Wrote: We beat the Chiefs before, we can do it again.

I can't wait, everyone is doubting us!! If we can protect Joe and not give up a bunch of sacks again I think we will be fine.

Who Dey!!!  Tiger

The Chiefs sacked Burrow a few times, but nothing like Tennessee.  In January, The Raiders and Titans Defense was harder than the Chiefs Defense on Bengals.   IN THE PLAY-OFFS, ALL TEAMS ARE GOOD.  YOU WILL COME ACROSS TOUGH DEFENSE IN PLAY-OFFS.  1988 Super Bowl and Bengals had a rough time with 49ers Defense.  

So the Bengals aren't playing any last place weak as defenses. THIs is the Play-Offs. 

The Bengals moved the ball better this month on The Chiefs than on Raiders or Titans.  Of course The Chiefs are more about their great Offense. Titans are very much about their Defense.

Chase had a HUGE game against The Chiefs, but Higgins, Boyd, Uzomah and Mixon made big catches also.  Burrow had a Great Game. The Bengals Blocking was pretty good, even with Prince replacing Reiff. 

Bengals showed how to beat Mahomes, you don't let him have the ball. Bengals could have score a touchdown and gave Mahomes plenty of time to tie the game up. Instead the Bengals ran over 3 minutes off the clock and kicked a short field goal leaving no time on the clock. Buffalo showed why what Bengals did was SMART.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
When we played them last time, I know we did not have Pratt. Weren't we also down Awuzie?
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 05:54 AM)kevin Wrote: It's hard to believe this is all in January.  Ohio State won Rose Bowl January 1st.  Bengals beat Chiefs to Win AFC North January 2nd. Rested most of team against Browns.  A hard fought win against Raiders in Cincy in Play-Offs.  A hard fought win against Titans in Tennessee in Play-Offs.  Now to AFC Championship against Kansas City Chiefs again.  ALL IN JANUARY.  

Watching that again and Chiefs up 21 to 7 early.  Then 28 to 14 and First Half ends 28 to 17.  The Chiefs would only get a field goal rest of the game.  After 28 to 14, Bengals beat them 20 to 3 the rest of game.  Great Defense and Great Offense.

We see Bills give Chiefs the ball back with 13 seconds and Chiefs still tie the game in 13 seconds.  Here is where Bengals getting down near the goal line with over 3 minutes, but never scoring a touchdown paid off.  A holding penalty on Chiefs also gave Bengals from 4th down to 1st down at the 1 yard line.  At the end Burrow had to leave and Allen came in for the last 2 snap kneel downs.  McPHERSON GAME WINNING KICK as TIME RAN OUT....Mahomes NEVER got the ball back.

I enjoyed watching it again tonight on NFL NETWORK.   It seems like a year ago, but it was just this same month of January.

Coach Taylor made some crucial going for it on 4th down moves.  The one that could have been disaster was 4th down still not at the 50, Chiefs would have got great field position.  Higgins reached out on that screen pass, and how he caught it, I don't know, and then he ran for the 1st down.  So many big plays by everybody in that game.  The celebration at end as Bengals Win the AFC North.  What a Game. What a Month.  Just beating out tough Browns, Steelers and Ravens to win AFC North was HARD.  AFC North had no easy teams.

Who Dey

I'm glad this game came up.  There has been a lot of apologizing for why the Chiefs lost that game:

They didn't have their starting tackles.  

They weren't playing at home.

They had less to play for.

Blah, blah, blah...

Here are some other things that every talking head has seemingly forgotten: 

The Bengals made a few blunders.  They dropped TWO INTs.  They went in single-high three separate times and were torched all three times.  Lesson learned?  

The Bengals were just getting Logan Wilson back who didn't have a very good game and was rusty, if not still a little injured. Well, he just graded a 90 against the Titans.  Safe to say he is back.

The Bengals had lost Pratt to COVID.  He is back and playing his best ball ever.

I said it in another thread.  Where are the Bengals weak?  One high sack total game doesn't make an offensive line horrible.  One stat I couldn't believe was that Burrow had one of his highest % games of "clean pockets".  This despite the sacks.  And he STILL threw for 350 yards despite being behind the chains so often.  Other than the offensive line, I think the secondary, the LBs (Bailey was great against Tennessee as well) are very tough, the defensive line is really, really, good.  On offense, the Bengals are tough at every position group except maybe guard.  Even Hopkins has been playing his best all season.

I think, most importantly, is that the team knows this and believes in themselves and the coaches to put them in the right plays and schemes.

Who dey, my friends.  It is going to be a great one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 09:25 AM)Sled21 Wrote: When we played them last time, I know we did not have Pratt. Weren't we also down Awuzie?

No we had Awuzie, I think we were down Waynes for Covid? And Spain got hurt that game.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 09:31 AM)Takedown Wrote: No we had Awuzie, I think we were down Waynes for Covid? And Spain got hurt that game.

Yeah, I knew we were down a couple besides Pratt. I forgot Wilson was just returning.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals 5 best players are better than the 5 best Chiefs. The 17 others the Chiefs are better than the Bengals. Turnovers of course are always the most important factor but big time players make big time plays in big time games. Whichever team makes the most big time or explosive plays wins.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 09:25 AM)Sled21 Wrote: When we played them last time, I know we did not have Pratt. Weren't we also down Awuzie?

When i rewatched the game this is what i noticed. Bailey was taken advantage of by the chiefs early. Not his fault in spot duty. I am hoping having Pratt out there makes a difference. The other thing i noticed is that even though the chiefs were 6-11 on third down those 4 stops were important. typically you get 11-13 possessions in a game. this means we were making them drive the ball all game getting them off the field when you can and making them kick field goals is crucial. 

Also i am hoping flowers remembers getting burnt by Kelce on the goal line. gotta stay on him.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 272901835_10222185688215832_538364399205...e=61F93B79]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Best to throw this game so coaches have a shot at the senior bowl.. Actually I'm pretty sure they'll have someone there watching and probably visiting.. I take it all back.. Don't throw the game for the senior bowl.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 09:34 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, I knew we were down a couple besides Pratt. I forgot Wilson was just returning.

Pratt and Spain back should benefit us greatly going into this game, not to mention a healthy Logan Wilson.

Logan didn't look 100% in the last Chiefs game. Looked great against the Titans.
Reply/Quote