Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just What The Doctor Ordered
I'm excited for this Dallas game, I think we match up well with them.

Only 6 sacks by the Dallas defense this year (26th in the NFL). I think the O-line will be able to handle this one.... if not then we have some really bad issues.

Dallas beat the Bears and then the Niners last week. The Bengals are a level or two above those teams, lets not kid ourselves. These rookies will have quite a challenge on their hands with Burfict and the crew out there... not to mention, we have the extra few days to prepare for them.

I just forsee a good showing this Sunday. I don't think we will let their rookies have one of those days. We'll see, but I think it will be a nice and much needed relief game for us fans.

Reply/Quote
Can we just blow them out? Im getting sick of this 4th quarter b.s. With the exception of the Miami game. We shoulda blown them out anyway.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 11:59 PM)Gohards Wrote: Can we just blow them out? Im getting sick of this 4th quarter b.s. With the exception of the Miami game. We shoulda blown them out anyway.

If the Bengals were anything close to efficient in the red zone they would've blown the Dolphins out.  If Dez doesn't play this game I see no reason that the Bengals can't stack the box and control this game.  Having Burfict back gives me even more confidence in this.   
Reply/Quote
I think their oline will give our dline problems.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
So pumped for the game. I leave for Dallas later today. Brisket and Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Temper expectations. It's a rookie quarterback.
Reply/Quote
Doubt we blow them out with Marvin as our HC, we're known for making rookie QB's look amazing
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 11:30 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I'm excited for this Dallas game, I think we match up well with them.

Only 6 sacks by the Dallas defense this year (26th in the NFL). I think the O-line will be able to handle this one.... if not then we have some really bad issues.

Dallas beat the Bears and then the Niners last week. The Bengals are a level or two above those teams, lets not kid ourselves. These rookies will have quite a challenge on their hands with Burfict and the crew out there... not to mention, we have the extra few days to prepare for them.

I just forsee a good showing this Sunday. I don't think we will let their rookies have one of those days. We'll see, but I think it will be a nice and much needed relief game for us fans.

Good stuff GCB, i agree we match up with them very well. Zeke might hurt us a bit in the passing game but Burfict
really helps our Defense here. They have a great O-line but our D-line are no punks and we will hit them in the mouth
with A-gap blitzes i am sure, we just have to bring Dak down once we get there. He is much better out of the pocket.

They probably won't have Dez but Witten is still around and playing well but i am not scared of their weapons.

Our Offense should hurt them in both the running game and the passing game. I am looking for atleast two of our
guys to have a big game against them. They will probably try to take AJ away so it could be Lafell, Boyd, Uzomah,
Kroft or Gio lighting them up. We could also just man up and run the ball with Jeremy.

This could be that blowout we have all been waiting for. Burfict being back is huge. I saw after his pass break up
last game how the Defense just looked different. Next play Shawn lays a big hit on a receiver and i saw swagger.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 01:15 PM)Trademark Wrote: Doubt we blow them out with Marvin as our HC, we're known for making rookie QB's look amazing

Truth
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 01:15 PM)Trademark Wrote: Doubt we blow them out with Marvin as our HC, we're known for making rookie QB's look amazing

see johnny manziel, for example?????
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 01:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good stuff GCB, i agree we match up with them very well. Zeke might hurt us a bit in the passing game but Burfict
really helps our Defense here. They have a great O-line but our D-line are no punks and we will hit them in the mouth
with A-gap blitzes i am sure, we just have to bring Dak down once we get there. He is much better out of the pocket.

They probably won't have Dez but Witten is still around and playing well but i am not scared of their weapons.

Our Offense should hurt them in both the running game and the passing game. I am looking for atleast two of our
guys to have a big game against them. They will probably try to take AJ away so it could be Lafell, Boyd, Uzomah,
Kroft or Gio lighting them up. We could also just man up and run the ball with Jeremy.

This could be that blowout we have all been waiting for. Burfict being back is huge. I saw after his pass break up
last game how the Defense just looked different. Next play Shawn lays a big hit on a receiver and i saw swagger.

Forgot Dez also has a hairline fracture in his knee. Big bonus if he isn't out there.

A friend of mine watched the dallas game last week, said Elliot did nothing until Navarro Boman got hurt. I think Burfict will hold Elliot in check the whole game. My friend had confidence we would
Reply/Quote
Stop the run and keep Whitten and Beasley under wraps, then we should have no problems.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 07:57 PM)Gohards Wrote: see johnny manziel, for example?????

See:

TJ Yates (97.7 QB Rating)
RG3 (90.4 QB Rating)
Colt McCoy (132.6 QB Rating)
Brandon Weeden (114.9 QB Rating)
Mark Sanchez (139.4 QB Rating)
Ryan Tannehill (92.3 QB Rating)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
We might be able to stop them with our defense, but what about scoring some points? I'm not very confident in our offense at this point.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 08:23 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: See:

RG3 (90.4 QB Rating)

We only faced 6 rookie QB's the past 6 years?

Why not include 100% of them versus cherry picking?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 08:23 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: See:

RG3 (90.4 QB Rating)

We didn't make him look good.

His rating was less than 60 in the first half.

His final rating looks decent because we ran a soft zone defense for the second half of the game as we forced them to fight the clock with short crap underneath.  I think he averaged less than 5 yards per attempt for the game.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2016, 01:57 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: We didn't make him look good.

His final rating looks decent because we ran a soft zone defense for the second half of the game as we forced them to fight the clock with short crap underneath.  I think he averaged less than 5 yards per attempt for the game.

Not to mention we basically pummeled him into the turf also, showing the league how to deal with the read option.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 11:30 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I'm excited for this Dallas game, I think we match up well with them.

Anybody that thinks AT DALLAS is an easy win is WRONG.....Dallas is 3-1 and they ARE BACK.....AT DALLAS is NEVER an easy game....If we lose, do not be asking how could we lose at Dallas. Many teams lose at Dallas over the years. ....I'll take a Bengals win by just one point and hope we escape with a win and climb to 3-2 on the season. .....Dallas has running backs. Dallas has pass catchers. Dallas has that tight end. Dallas has blocking. Dallas has defense. Dallas has Romo but the young QB replacing him looks great. ...Meanwhile Bengals RBs are not on track yet. Bengals have AJ Green and that's about it so far on pass catching. The O line isn't that hot. The Bengals Front 7 could be better and the Bengals DBs are a getting burned every week. Many reasons why Bengals only 2-2. Zampese still a big question mark......Any  win at all over Dallas is a good win. They are playing better than us so far, plus the game is in DALLAS.  
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2016, 10:34 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We only faced 6 rookie QB's the past 6 years?

Why not include 100% of them versus cherry picking?

Pretty sure the only ones I didn't include were Manziel (which was included in the post I quoted) and Geno Smith.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2016, 01:57 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: We didn't make him look good.

He averaged 6.5 yards per attempt.

What also wasn't shown in QB Rating was 13 carries, 74 yards, 1 rushing TD.

The Bengals did beat the crap out of him that game, though he did much better than I think people remember.

Reply/Quote