Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just What The Doctor Ordered
(10-06-2016, 11:30 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I'm excited for this Dallas game, I think we match up well with them.

Only 6 sacks by the Dallas defense this year (26th in the NFL). I think the O-line will be able to handle this one.... if not then we have some really bad issues.

Dallas beat the Bears and then the Niners last week. The Bengals are a level or two above those teams, lets not kid ourselves. These rookies will have quite a challenge on their hands with Burfict and the crew out there... not to mention, we have the extra few days to prepare for them.

I just forsee a good showing this Sunday. I don't think we will let their rookies have one of those days. We'll see, but I think it will be a nice and much needed relief game for us fans.

Agree, good post
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I will say, Demarcus Lawrence will indeed be back tomorrow, but he isn't a world beater on that Dline.

Hoping that the oline will shut them down tomorrow.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2016, 03:20 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He averaged 6.5 yards per attempt.

What also wasn't shown in QB Rating was 13 carries, 74 yards, 1 rushing TD.

The Bengals did beat the crap out of him that game, though he did much better than I think people remember.

You're right.

I had remembered the game being a tale of two halves, absolute whooping for the first and sitting back waiting for the final gun in the second.  When I looked at the NFL Gamebook for the first half stats, I saw his final average of 4.6 yards per pass, but misread the category (it helped that it was also mislabeled).  The average I was actually looking at was based off of net yards, not gross.  So minus the 42 yards lost over 5 sacks, the average was 4.6.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 11:30 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I'm excited for this Dallas game, I think we match up well with them.

Only 6 sacks by the Dallas defense this year (26th in the NFL). I think the O-line will be able to handle this one.... if not then we have some really bad issues.

Dallas beat the Bears and then the Niners last week. The Bengals are a level or two above those teams, lets not kid ourselves. These rookies will have quite a challenge on their hands with Burfict and the crew out there... not to mention, we have the extra few days to prepare for them.

I just forsee a good showing this Sunday. I don't think we will let their rookies have one of those days. We'll see, but I think it will be a nice and much needed relief game for us fans.

It appears Demarcus Lawrence will indeed play today, so that should give their pass rush a boost.  Hopefully he is rusty from the absence and we can blank him, which could be a confidence boost for the guys up front.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2016, 02:53 PM)kevin Wrote: Anybody that thinks AT DALLAS is an easy win is WRONG.....Dallas is 3-1 and they ARE BACK.....AT DALLAS is NEVER an easy game....If we lose, do not be asking how could we lose at Dallas. Many teams lose at Dallas over the years. ....I'll take a Bengals win by just one point and hope we escape with a win and climb to 3-2 on the season. .....Dallas has running backs. Dallas has pass catchers. Dallas has that tight end. Dallas has blocking. Dallas has defense. Dallas has Romo but the young QB replacing him looks great. ...Meanwhile Bengals RBs are not on track yet. Bengals have AJ Green and that's about it so far on pass catching. The O line isn't that hot. The Bengals Front 7 could be better and the Bengals DBs are a getting burned every week. Many reasons why Bengals only 2-2.   Zampese still a big question mark......Any  win at all over Dallas is a good win. They are playing better than us so far, plus the game is in DALLAS.  

Considering DALLAS was 1-7 in DALLAS I'm not too worried about this DALLAS home field advantage. In fact, a lot of people forget that DALLAS was 4-12 last year and DALLAS has had an easy schedule thus far. Not concerned about DALLAS or the COWBOYS or JERRY or the ROOKIES.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 01:11 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Considering DALLAS was 1-7 in DALLAS I'm not too worried about this DALLAS home field advantage. In fact, a lot of people forget that DALLAS was 4-12 last year and DALLAS has had an easy schedule thus far. Not concerned about DALLAS or the COWBOYS or JERRY or the ROOKIES.

No one has forgotten that they were 3-1 last year with a decent QB (losing that QB during that loss) and 1-12 with the guys who had no business being under center.  Prescott is not one of those "no business" QBs.
Reply/Quote
Just What The Doctor Ordered.... A Taste of Reality Ninja

ouch this thread hurt me lol
Reply/Quote