Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just a Mock
My offseason consists of
Signing a DE and DT.

1. OT Cody Ford Oklahoma.
    RT problem solved. He's been rising as well so many people have him listed as a top 10 now.

2. C/G Dalton Risner
    RG should be solved now.

3. LB Germaine Pratt NC State\
    I wanted Hakeem Butler, but we need a MLB way more than WR.

4. OT Bobby Evans Oklahoma
    The other Oklahoma Tackle in the draft. he's a Jr and has been the LT for the last 2 years, he's got good athleticism, just needs to learn to work on his initial release and spend a little time developing behind Glenn. And if Glenn gets hurt then sub him in and see what he's got.

5. OT Chuma Edoga USC
    Not sure he can handle the LT job, but I'd like to develop him as a swing man. Sadly our OL cupboards are bare.

6. CB Jordan Brown South Dakota State
    Jackrabbit playmaker. Ranking at start of season was right behind Nasir Adderly.

7. CB Jimmy Moreland James Madison University
    Scrappy little guy for a DB. He set school records for INT's and Pick 6's. Just the kinda guy we could use in a Slot. let's see what he's got and let him and Brown compete.

Some UDFA's I'd like to see

QB Easton Stick North Dakota State  This guy has good technique and can really fling the ball deep and hit the WR's in stride.
TE Seth Hebert Central Missouri  Super sleeper, is not a good blocker, but can catch and run very well, would be like Eifert.
C/G Patrick Kilcommons Dartmouth  Why not add the Ivy Leagues best blocker and see if he can develop.
LB John Buss Montana  Needs to add a little weight, but is a Burfict with out the on field problems.
LB Legrand Toia Weber State Looks good hitting and has a good back pedal for dropping into coverage.
OT Joshua Miles Morgan State made a little noise at East-West bowl. Was glad he did, but I was hoping he'd fly under the radar. Might move up after Combine results.

That's a few for me.
After round 4-5, I would rather try to develop standouts at the lower levels than pick more mediocre guys from the power 5 conferences.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 08:32 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: My offseason consists of
Signing a DE and DT.

RT problem solved. He's been rising as well so many people have him listed as a top 10 now.

2. C/G Dalton Risner
    RG should be solved now.

The other Oklahoma Tackle in the draft. he's a Jr and has been the LT for the last 2 years, he's got good athleticism, just needs to learn to work on his initial release and spend a little time developing behind Glenn. And if Glenn gets hurt then sub him in and see what he's got.

5. OT Chuma Edoga USC
    Not sure he can handle the LT job, but I'd like to develop him as a swing man. Sadly our OL cupboards are bare.

Jackrabbit playmaker. Ranking at start of season was right behind Nasir Adderly.

Scrappy little guy for a DB. He set school records for INT's and Pick 6's. Just the kinda guy we could use in a Slot. let's see what he's got and let him and Brown compete.

QB Easton Stick North Dakota State  This guy has good technique and can really fling the ball deep and hit the WR's in stride.
TE Seth Hebert Central Missouri  Super sleeper, is not a good blocker, but can catch and run very well, would be like Eifert.
C/G Patrick Kilcommons Dartmouth  Why not add the Ivy Leagues best blocker and see if he can develop.
LB John Buss Montana  Needs to add a little weight, but is a Burfict with out the on field problems.
LB Legrand Toia Weber State Looks good hitting and has a good back pedal for dropping into coverage.
OT Joshua Miles Morgan State made a little noise at East-West bowl. Was glad he did, but I was hoping he'd fly under the radar. Might move up after Combine results.

That's a few for me.
After round 4-5, I would rather try to develop standouts at the lower levels than pick more mediocre guys from the power 5 conferences.

Not bad except why'd you take three tackles in the first five picks?
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 08:32 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: My offseason consists of
Signing a DE and DT.

2. C/G Dalton Risner
    RG should be solved now.

5. OT Chuma Edoga USC

That's a few for me.
The lack of LB in this scenario is frightening. However, the urgency to address the OL is nice and it wouldn't be the worst possible outcome. Risner is my favorite pick while Ford is iffy because I don't believe he will be a starting OT in the NFL. If we drafted him and Risner, We'd probably see Ford at RG and Risner at RT.

With that said, I'd rather see us go guard in the 3rd-4th round where you can sometimes find day one starters. There are a couple of OG's projected to be drafted day 2 that come to mind. Chris Lindstrom could be found in R3.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Germaine Pratt is my favorite mid round linebacker. I think he will be this year's Darius Leonard. I'm hoping he will last until the third or fourth round, but I think he will be a late riser and will end up being picked in the second.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 02:39 PM)MentalRage Wrote: Germaine Pratt is my favorite mid round linebacker. I think he will be this year's Darius Leonard. I'm hoping he will last until the third or fourth round, but I think he will be a late riser and will end up being picked in the second.

Pratt is great. Have him being picked second round in my mock.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 07:47 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Not bad except why'd you take three tackles in the first five picks?

For one, we have no real backups.
If Glenn gets hurt, we are screwed, I would like at least a couple options being developed.
Reply/Quote
I like the enthusiasm but 4 new rookie offensive linemen is a bit of a pipe dream. My guess is we will add a couple veterans in FA and add 1 or 2 rookie linemen. I actually think we will make a surprising move and sign a relatively high end tackle.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2019, 04:15 PM)Au165 Wrote: I like the enthusiasm but 4 new rookie offensive linemen is a bit of a pipe dream. My guess is we will add a couple veterans in FA and add 1 or 2 rookie linemen. I actually think we will make a surprising move and sign a relatively high end tackle.

I actually like the Defensive Line side of FA's that will be available and would love to see us sign someone like Frank Clark and maybe an OLB

And to be fair, I almost got to draft Devin White in round 2. He went a couple picks before me and the mock I used didn't allow for trades, how ever I would've been happy swapping with Oakland and giving up my 4th for him.
Reply/Quote
Exclamation 
(02-13-2019, 05:16 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I actually like the Defensive Line side of FA's that will be available and would love to see us sign someone like Frank Clark and maybe an OLB

And to be fair, I almost got to draft Devin White in round 2. He went a couple picks before me and the mock I used didn't allow for trades, how ever I would've been happy swapping with Oakland and giving up my 4th for him.

If Devin White was there in the 2nd, then that probably should tell you how poor the quality of the game you are playing is.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 02:39 PM)MentalRage Wrote: Germaine Pratt is my favorite mid round linebacker. I think he will be this year's Darius Leonard. I'm hoping he will last until the third or fourth round, but I think he will be a late riser and will end up being picked in the second.

Agree with this.   Love him, but he'll be gone by the time we pick in 3
Reply/Quote