Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just a little shout out for my daughter
Yesterday she graduated cum lauded from THE Ohio State University. I’ve always been a Buckeye football fan so it’s been kind of cool to have her going there. My mom has been a huge Buckeye fan her whole life so she had a great time at the graduation as well.

I believe there were about 11,500 PhD, masters and bachelors graduating, and around 8800 were in attendance. In addition I think there were about 60,000 friends and family in attendance. They only say the names of the PhDs, but every student walks down to get their actual diplomas. How they organize that, I have no idea.

Thankfully the weather was nice. If the weather is too bad to have the ceremony it is simply cancelled as their is no indoor facility that can come close to accommodating all those people.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Congrats man. As a father, I know how proud you are.

Reply/Quote
I'm happy for you! I was the first college graduate in my family, yet I had no misconceptions that my son was going to go to college. Luckily, he found a modest job in Youth Corrections.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Congrats to your daughter. Can't imagine how proud you must be.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Kudos to you and her.I imagine you are beaming with pride !
Reply/Quote
Congrats!!!!!!!

Amazing school!!!!!!

I still have dreams about playing football in The Horseshoe! It was my dream from when I was old enough to know what football is!
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2018, 06:04 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Congrats!!!!!!!

Amazing school!!!!!!

I still have dreams about playing football in The Horseshoe! It was my dream from when I was old enough to know what football is!

You probably had a better chance after the accident than I ever had. LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
We need pics.
Reply/Quote
I grew up in Ohio and was a big OSU fan.

I don't have any problem with anyone who goes to Ohio State.

But I hate everyone who goes to THE Ohio State University. WTF is so special about the word "the" that deserves so much emphasis? How did that lame shit get started?
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 03:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I grew up in Ohio and was a big OSU fan.

I don't have any problem with anyone who goes to Ohio State.

But I hate everyone who goes to THE Ohio State University. WTF is so special about the word "the" that deserves so much emphasis? How did that lame shit get started?

I think it is saying that they are THE university in Ohio. At least that’s how I’ve always thought of it.

Btw...my daughter hates the THE. I write that way to be an ass. Ive always been an OSU fan, but I don’t really like to associate with a lot of them. As bad as Steelers fans.

Reply/Quote