Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just a thought
More and more reports are coming out(first from pro football talk) that growing sense is hue Jackson will be fired before end of season. We would most likely be first in line to scoop him back up as our oc. How much better do u think our offense will get? I think quite substantially better. And if we're stil in the playoffs, suddenly I would have better hope for us. What say u?

Side note:hue as our oc and McDaniel as our hc next year? Yes please
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2017, 08:35 PM)Jpoore Wrote: More and more reports are coming out(first from pro football talk) that growing sense is hue Jackson will be fired before end of season. We would most likely be first in line to scoop him back up as our oc. How much better do u think our offense will get? I think quite substantially better. And if we're stil in the playoffs, suddenly I would have better hope for us. What say u?

Without replacing the offensive line coach first, it’s all for naught. The best schemes will fail if the line can’t perform basic skills.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Everyone thought that Zampese was terrible and that Lazor was the answer.

Hue was good as an OC here when we had actual talent on offense. Aside from Dalton and Green...we don't have much talent.

The line may be one of the worst Bengals lines EVER. The WR's outside of Green are mediocre and have trouble getting open. There is no running game.

You don't fix that stuff with playcalling.
Reply/Quote
if hue got fired i would expect marvin to step down immediately to make way for him as our next HC. mike already eff'ed that deal up once. i suspect that's exactly what is coming down the pipe. i welcome it.
Reply/Quote
Alexander needs to go, and he should be the first. Then Marvin right behind him.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
No one can fix that offense until our line is rebuilt with high level players.
Reply/Quote
I don't see Hue Jackson head coaching again, and I don't see a HC, whoever it may be, picking Jackson to coach the offense.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2017, 01:29 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Everyone thought that Zampese was terrible and that Lazor was the answer.

Hue was good as an OC here when we had actual talent on offense. Aside from Dalton and Green...we don't have much talent.

The line may be one of the worst Bengals lines EVER. The WR's outside of Green are mediocre and have trouble getting open. There is no running game.

1. Wrs are mediocre bc were not playing our best wrs (Ross, Malone) we have talent all over the board. Mixon gio etc. They just aren't being used right. Oh yeah mixon in the top 10 in ypc from the shotgun. So why do we try to run it from the I? Or any not shotgun runs. Hue would fix that in a heartbeat. Not to mention he's beloved by the Bengals players and would light a fire under their ass.
(11-25-2017, 05:25 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I don't see Hue Jackson head coaching again, and I don't see a HC, whoever it may be, picking Jackson to coach the offense.
Why would any HC not? He's one of, if not the best, offensive mind in the nfl.
Reply/Quote
What have Ross and Malone shown you to make you believe they are our “best” WRs i get it they need more playing time but isn’t that statement a little far fetched
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2017, 08:57 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: What have Ross and Malone shown you to make you believe they are our “best” WRs i get it they need more playing time but isn’t that statement a little far fetched
I've said it once I'll say it again. Malone and Ross, even with how limited we've seen are better than lafell and Erickson. We've seen Malone and Ross get open consistently.
Reply/Quote
Nothing will change until the front office addresses the o line.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2017, 08:47 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Without replacing the offensive line coach first, it’s all for naught.  The best schemes will fail if the line can’t perform basic skills.

They didn't seem to have a problem with him in 2015, but I agree and want him gone.

I would think Hue would be a great addition, but I am not sure the organization wants him back after leaving a year prior to being handed the whole thing.  

My guess is too many hurt feelings (these are big egos, even in the Nati) for Hue to return.  It will be someone that is currently an up and comer...and I doubt they go the college ranks.  

Although I would drive to Michigan and pick up that crazy Harbaugh in a second if he needed a ride.

I know his record at UM isn't great, but that isn't the same playing field as the NFL.  Recruiting is exhausting.  That would be some great theater to have him in the same division as his brother.  Might be the only thing that would get some folks in the stands next year.  And I seriously doubt he would accept complacency and sit his best weapons out of spite.  Then again, he is probably too crazy for Cincy. 
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2017, 09:04 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I've said it once I'll say it again. Malone and Ross, even with how limited we've seen are better than lafell and Erickson. We've seen Malone and Ross get open consistently.

TJ Johnson is a better Center than Bodine....Probably so is Westerman.  Redmond is the biggest and strongest of all the linemen.  Kroft had six receptions and two TDs in his first real opportunity being targeted and then he doesn't get more than four targets in a game since.  Erickson had a nice day against Denver with two catches for 42 yards and a TD...he will probably not see a ball tomorrow.  

Sunday will be the annual "force the ball to AJ" game, with something absurd like 15 targets.  

I am thinking about making a poster of Ross as the Road Runner and Lafell as a turtle, but I don't want to hurt Lafell's feelings.  
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2017, 10:46 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: They didn't seem to have a problem with him in 2015, but I agree and want him gone.

Who, they?  Many of us were complaining about Alexander, and especially the performance of the Center position, back in 2015.  Even that year, when by all statistical accounts the Bengals had an "excellent" OL, they consistently struggled to get 3rd or 4th and short by powering through the 0 and 1 hole.  The interior of the line would always melt against odd fronts, even on critical passing downs, as opposing DCs knew to just overload the middle.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2017, 08:35 PM)Jpoore Wrote: More and more reports are coming out(first from pro football talk) that growing sense is hue Jackson will be fired before end of season. We would most likely be first in line  to scoop him back  up as our oc. How much better do u think our offense will get? I think quite substantially better. And if we're stil in the playoffs, suddenly I would have better hope for us. What say u?

Why, Why, Why??

NO, NO, NO

Its like the guy and girl that break up every 6 months then get back together...........MOVE ON PEOPLE, there are bigger and better fish (coaches) in the sea...........

Hue left on his own accord and failed miserably, the only thing he has ever done for us is take Carson Palmer off our hands......
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Why would we be eager to sign a HC with a record of 25 games below .500. I like Hue, but to suggest his is a great HC replacement has no merit. Hue is a great OC, a great OC does not mean he is a great head coach. To the contrary, his record suggests he is mediocre or bad as a HC.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2017, 01:29 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Everyone thought that Zampese was terrible and that Lazor was the answer.

Zampese was terrible and Lazor is not the answer.  Hue would be salivating over the talent on this team, not sitting them on the bench.  And I guarantee you playcalling, where the opposition doesn't know the EXACT play based on formation right down to the rush gap, would make a tremendous difference.  As would moving the QB with waggles and bootlegs, running crossing routes to rub defenders, and drive blocking instead of patty-cake crap.  

It would make a huge difference.  
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2017, 10:54 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Who, they?  Many of us were complaining about Alexander, and especially the performance of the Center position, back in 2015.  Even that year, when by all statistical accounts the Bengals had an "excellent" OL, they consistently struggled to get 3rd or 4th and short by powering through the 0 and 1 hole.  The interior of the line would always melt against odd fronts, even on critical passing downs, as opposing DCs knew to just overload the middle.

Do you think Hue would at least be evaluating other players like Westerman and Redmond?  Do you think he would be able to game plan around those things? To a large extend, I do...
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2017, 10:54 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Who, they?  Many of us were complaining about Alexander, and especially the performance of the Center position, back in 2015.  Even that year, when by all statistical accounts the Bengals had an "excellent" OL, they consistently struggled to get 3rd or 4th and short by powering through the 0 and 1 hole.  The interior of the line would always melt against odd fronts, even on critical passing downs, as opposing DCs knew to just overload the middle.

Is that on Paul though or the front office? At what point do the Bengals realize that interior lineman are not non important peaces to the puzzle?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2017, 10:56 AM)corpjet Wrote: Why, Why, Why??

NO, NO, NO

Its like the guy and girl that break up every 6 months then get back together...........MOVE ON PEOPLE, there are bigger and better fish (coaches) in the sea...........

Hue left on his own accord and failed miserably, the only thing he has ever done for us is take Carson Palmer off our hands......

Wow, wow, wow....

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"

Uh, Hue had Dalton, in his second year in his scheme, in the running for NFL MVP and an 8-0 record.  He also nearly won (in my mind, they did) a playoff game with a backup QB against shitstainburg. Now, people around here think Dalton should sit in favor of the former 5th round pick.  No one, not Brady, not Brees, not Rogers would win with this offensive scheme.  

Hue is an amazing coach and what has been done to Cleveland's roster makes judging his record there completely unfair.  They stripped it of ALL talent and have gone after a complete rebuild.  He has had ONE draft class and that team, if nothing else, is still playing hard for him.  With absolutely zero talent, they have been closer to Jax than any team in our division (trailing by 6, with the ball in the final minutes, only to have a sack fumble TD...at least Jax covered Wink

Hue has an excellent track record of success in every role he has played in the NFL.  If Cleveland lets him go, they will only slip further away from relevance.  
Reply/Quote