Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just a thought
Yesterday several people in the media and several more on here compared Chase to Deebo in terms of skill set. Should the Bengals consider using Chase more like the 9ers use Deebo? 

I know he gets a reverse/sweep or 2 a game but should Zac and company start lining him up in the backfield some? Would get some crazy good match ups against LBs in the passing game and if both Chase and Joe are in a split backfield would really keep the D guessing. 

I'm not necessarily saying line him up back there 20-30 times but 10-15 times a game would add a new wrinkle to an already potent offense.
Reply/Quote
Deebo's got 20 lbs on chase, I dunno. Chase barely breaks 200 lbs, I know he says he's built like a running back lol
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:17 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Deebo's got 20 lbs on chase, I dunno. Chase barely breaks 200 lbs, I know he says he's built like a running back lol

15lbs and is an inch shorter than chase so more compacted but chases legs are more RB than WR all day. But the niners don’t have a qb like burrow to get the ball into deebos hands regularly so instead of trying to have hot garbage jimmy g try n get Samuel the ball the finally said screw just hand it to him since u can’t throw. We have no problems getting it to chase. No need to use chase like deebo. Or at least on the regular like deebo I wouldn’t mind every once in a while seeing chase go back there
Reply/Quote
Yeah jimmy G is garbage, I say that and that will come back to bite us (if there was such a thing as karma from a fan, i.e. housh). Every team has their weaknesses, no team has zero losses this year. 9ers it's their QB.

I saw deebo at 220 and chase at 200, chase is still young i wonder what he can improve on lol.
Reply/Quote
Last week he said that he would do anything Zac asked him to. He also said that the biggest issue with putting just anybody in that role is that they aren't built to be hit by linebackers. Then he was asked what his plans for Sunday were...he said he would be getting some treatment. When asked why he needed some treatment, he answered that he was hit by a linebacker.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I remember that interview lol, chase is hilarious. They also asked where it hurt (when he got hit in the groin) and he didn't answer lol just laughed.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:24 PM)pally Wrote: Last week he said that he would do anything Zac asked him to.  He also said that the biggest issue with putting just anybody in that role is that they aren't built to be hit by linebackers.  Then he was asked what his plans for Sunday were...he said he would be getting some treatment.  When asked why he needed some treatment, he answered that he was hit by a linebacker.

Yeah.

I'd much rather keep Chase getting tackled by Safeties, CBs or sidelines.

Simmons was in on finishing the tackle on his short reverse. PLAYS LIKE THAT SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN. Take the playbook, rip that page out and burn it.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
He is a great wide receiver lets let him do his thing there.

I would use Boyd more.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:37 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: He is a great wide receiver lets let him do his thing there.

I would use Boyd more.

You never see a Lamborghini in a crash up derby.
Reply/Quote
49ers have to do that to get him touches. Running a few plays to get him in the game or keep the D on its toes is cool though.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Gotta love Chase, his interviews crack me up!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:22 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Yeah jimmy G is garbage, I say that and that will come back to bite us (if there was such a thing as karma from a fan, i.e. housh). Every team has their weaknesses, no team has zero losses this year. 9ers it's their QB.

I saw deebo at 220 and chase at 200, chase is still young i wonder what he can improve on lol.

I hate using that word but when I think of jimmy it’s all that comes to mind. I see the Niners being tough and it could bite us but it won’t ever be because of jimmy g
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:11 PM)michaelsean Wrote: 49ers have to do that to get him touches. Running a few plays to get him in the game or keep the D on its toes is cool though.

That's what I'm thinking. Don't make it a major part of the game plan just another wrinkle.

Picture this. 3 wide Burrow in shotgun with Chase on one side of him and Mixon on the other. Let Burrow do what he does best, read the defense. 

If the D lines up with a favorable match up for a pass play use the WRs to clear out the underneath coverage and send Chase out on a wheel route with Mixon either in the opposite flat or leak him just past the line as a safety outlet.. Chase will most likely be matched up against a LB which he will win 99% of the time.

If you get a light front crash the line to Mixon's side and run an option. If Burrow sees the D flow to Mixon's side pull the ball and pitch it to Chase on the back side or Burrow could even keep it and use Chase as a lead blocker.
Reply/Quote