Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just a thought
(11-25-2017, 11:04 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Do you think Hue would at least be evaluating other players like Westerman and Redmond?  Do you think he would be able to game plan around those things? To a large extend, I do...

Yes, I see Hue as the type of coach willing to go to the next idea in line, when the original plan breaks down/doesn't work at all.  Although, one troubling thing that I'm noticing is that he often has Cleveland "ready to play", they come out strong, and fail in the second half.  Similar to what we often see from Marvin's teams.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2017, 10:18 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Nothing will change until the front office addresses the o line.

More like nothing will change until the front office is gutted.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2017, 11:07 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Is that on Paul though or the front office? At what point do the Bengals realize that interior lineman are not non important peaces to the puzzle?

I don't have the links on hand, but how many times has Paul defended Bodine?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2017, 11:11 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, I see Hue as the type of coach willing to go to the next idea in line, when the original plan breaks down/doesn't work at all.  Although, one troubling thing that I'm noticing is that he often has Cleveland "ready to play", they come out strong, and fail in the second half.  Similar to what we often see from Marvin's teams.

Seems like the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2017, 11:11 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, I see Hue as the type of coach willing to go to the next idea in line, when the original plan breaks down/doesn't work at all.  Although, one troubling thing that I'm noticing is that he often has Cleveland "ready to play", they come out strong, and fail in the second half.  Similar to what we often see from Marvin's teams.

I think his team has energy, but that will only carry you so far if you don't have talent.  Like most college home teams that come out breathing fire, but usually fall to the superior talent.  
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2017, 08:35 PM)Jpoore Wrote: More and more reports are coming out(first from pro football talk) that growing sense is hue Jackson will be fired before end of season. We would most likely be first in line  to scoop him back  up as our oc. How much better do u think our offense will get? I think quite substantially better. And if we're stil in the playoffs, suddenly I would have better hope for us. What say u?

Side note:hue as our oc and McDaniel as our hc next year? Yes please

Actually I've been seeing the opposite.  I've seen things like Haslam having meetings with the players for input, with Jackson present but not front office people.  Everything I've seen leads to the conclusion Jackson is safe and Sashi Brown is going to get canned.  Jackson wanted Watson, but Brown said no and continued the Money Ball approach that has shown less and less result.  Jackson convinced them to trade for McCarron, and Brown or someone in the Money Ball front office screwed it up.  Haslam has taken notice of all of it and is not going to replace Jackson without giving him a chance to prove he can run a team with talent, as opposed to a team which keeps dumping talent to stockpile picks they are not utilizing to get actual talent.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2017, 01:21 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Actually I've been seeing the opposite.  I've seen things like Haslam having meetings with the players for input, with Jackson present but not front office people.  Everything I've seen leads to the conclusion Jackson is safe and Sashi Brown is going to get canned.  Jackson wanted Watson, but Brown said no and continued the Money Ball approach that has shown less and less result.  Jackson convinced them to trade for McCarron, and Brown or someone in the Money Ball front office screwed it up.  Haslam has taken notice of all of it and is not going to replace Jackson without giving him a chance to prove he can run a team with talent, as opposed to a team which keeps dumping talent to stockpile picks they are not utilizing to get actual talent.
Probably right except Cleveland will likely keep their revolving door QB policy in place as they have since Sipe?..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2017, 11:13 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Seems like the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.

[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote