Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just asking. I don't know.
During the Windmills cause cancer" debacle and in some of our discussions about how FOX covers "news" we have covered the "just asking" approach that the right uses to spread false information.

Some have defended Trump's use of the phrase "I don't know" as a legitimate way of saying he didn't "mean what he said" but was sincerely just asking if it was true or not.

Here is an example, from tonight, of Trump spreading false rumors...but he "doesn't know"...and a crowd cheering for him.

It's a cult.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
LMFAO

You're my go-to-source for the pulse of people suffering TDS
--------------------------------------------------------

(12-11-2019, 04:19 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: LMFAO

You don't watch the rallies?  The audience is full of people with TDS.  You can hear them cheer when he lies to them.  Smirk

I know a lot of people (on this board and in real life) choose not to follow all the craziness from DJT (and law breaking) so I'm glad I can present it to you.
Just to reinforce the point:  The POTUS is spreading rumors/lies about a US citizen at a political rally.

(And we're supposed to believe he was concerned only about "corruption" in the Ukraine. Despite his never saying the word but rather talking about the Bidens.)

I know his cult members don't care...but the rest of us do.

We lost another one.

You cannot say TDS; you can only say things like Bigot, racist, cult, Trumpeter, Rube, ect...
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-11-2019, 01:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We lost another one.

You cannot say TDS; you can only say things like Bigot, racist, cult, Trumpeter, Rube, ect...

Sure you can say TDS.  You just did.

There are rules though.

Also...this has nothing to do with Trump spreading lies.
(12-11-2019, 01:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: Sure you can say TDS.  You just did.

There are rules though.

Also...this has nothing to do with Trump spreading lies.

I didn't know. I was just asking.

Of course he has nothing to do with Trump spreading lies. It's just harping on it is....what's the new cool term........Pearl Clutching

(12-11-2019, 02:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I didn't know. I was just asking.

Of course he has nothing to do with Trump spreading lies. It's just harping on it is....what's the new cool term........Pearl Clutching

To say you didn't know you have to have said you didn't know like DJT does.

Pearl Clutching is an old term.

The POTUS is spreading false stories/lies/rumors about a US citizen..."both sides" should condemn that.

(12-11-2019, 01:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We lost another one.

Either one of you ever going to comment on Trump spreading obvious lies?

Or are you just going to claim people who condemn this type of action by the President are mentally ill?  If so, then please explain when it is okay to complain about our President spreading lies and when it is not.  Let's see exactly who is suffering from some sort of mentsl problem.

"I am not a Trump supporter at all.  All I do is call people mentally ill when they point out that Trump is spreading lies."

I see. We all should just let it go, beacuse it is obviously not important. Not when Trump does it.

This is so weird. Trump spreads utter falsehoods, but the ones that deserve critizism are just those that point it out.
Trump must get most of his news from "They News". Its that imaginary site trump refers to when he is spreading his words of wisdom.
You've heard of that site, "they say", I've heard. Most of the time he talks at his rally's he sounds like a illiterate moron. What an embarrassment.
(12-11-2019, 02:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: To say you didn't know you have to have said you didn't know like DJT does.
Pearl Clutching is an old term.

The POTUS is spreading false stories/lies/rumors about a US citizen..."both sides" should condemn that.

LOL But as I have said so many times before, BOTH SIDES DON'T DO IT.

When faced with the three options of

1. approving or joining you in the critique of bad behavior in a public official, or

2. remaining silent, or

3. criticizing you for criticizing bad behavior in a public official,

one side regularly chooses 3, one effect of which is to normalize the bad behavior and stigmatize critique of it. 

Rumor has it if a conservative looks into a mirror and says TDS three times in a row the Ghost of Hillary Clinton's Past appears and whisks them away in the dead of night forcing them to write fake news stories about anthropogenic global warming for Huffpo until their free market fingers are little stubs never to be heard or seen again.

I don't know if it's true.  You tell me.
(12-11-2019, 02:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Either one of you ever going to comment on Trump spreading obvious lies?

Or are you just going to claim people who condemn this type of action by the President are mentally ill?  If so, then please explain when it is okay to complain about our President spreading lies and when it is not.  Let's see exactly who is suffering from some sort of mentsl problem.

"I am not a Trump supporter at all.  All I do is call people mentally ill when they point out that Trump is spreading lies."

(12-11-2019, 05:46 PM)hollodero Wrote: I see. We all should just let it go, beacuse it is obviously not important. Not when Trump does it.

This is so weird. Trump spreads utter falsehoods, but the ones that deserve critizism are just those that point it out.

TRUMP SHOULDN'T SPREAD LIES.

Do either of you have any thoughts on the OP's obsession? 

Or better yet: Any thoughts on the subject or are you good with just criticizing folks that don't comment on the subject?

(12-11-2019, 08:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: TRUMP SHOULDN'T SPREAD LIES.

Do either of you have any thoughts on the OP's obsession? 

Yes. That it's justified.

While your thoughts, by all appearances, seem to be "OK, he lies! We know! Get used to it already!"

...and no, I refuse to do that, and so, I guess, does the OP. I find every disgusting thing Trump does still disgusting. And people "obsessing" over that are clearly not the problem here. He is.

And you, obsessiong over people's obsessions, as if that were the bigger issue as the disgusting lies Donald Trump shouts to a frenetic mass. This one single thing discussed in the thread, taken for itself is damn straight disgusting behaviour and people are well within their minds to point it out every single time instead of succumbing to numbness.

/thoughts.

(12-11-2019, 08:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Or better yet: Any thoughts on the subject or are you good with just criticizing folks that don't comment on the subject?

Oh come on. OP was attacked as being de facto mentally ill in the very first response. What reaction do you expect. Don't play the victim card against the "other side" here.
(12-11-2019, 09:17 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yes. That it's justified.

While your thoughts, by all appearances, seem to be "OK, he lies! We know! Get used to it already!"

...and no, I refuse to do that, and so, I guess, does the OP. I find every disgusting thing Trump does still disgusting. And people "obsessing" over that are clearly not the problem here. He is.

And you, obsessiong over people's obsessions, as if that were the bigger issue as the disgusting lies Donald Trump shouts to a frenetic mass. This one single thing discussed in the thread, taken for itself is damn straight disgusting behaviour and people are well within their minds to point it out every single time instead of succumbing to numbness.

/thoughts.

Oh come on. OP was attacked as being de facto mentally ill in the very first response. What reaction do you expect. Don't play the victim card against the "other side" here.

Can there be more than one problem?

As I've said it's white noise. Trump lied at a Rally (kinda) and we feel the compulsion to create a thread about it.

"The OP was attacked" is that different than being "called out"?

I know the story is trivial that's why I quoted the dude getting suspended. You know the story is trivial; that's why you quoted me.

The OP is saying folks are in cults. What reaction do you expect?

(12-10-2019, 11:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: During the Windmills cause cancer" debacle and in some of our discussions about how FOX covers "news" we have covered the "just asking" approach that the right uses to spread false information.

Some have defended Trump's use of the phrase "I don't know" as a legitimate way of saying he didn't "mean what he said" but was sincerely just asking if it was true or not.

Here is an example, from tonight, of Trump spreading false rumors...but he "doesn't know"...and a crowd cheering for him.

It's a cult.

I think he learned it from Harry “He didn’t win did he” Reid.We have some really great people at the top of give don’t we?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(12-11-2019, 09:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Can there be more than one problem?

As I've said it's white noise. Trump lied at a Rally (kinda)

He called FBI agents "scum". He spread a rumor about Lisa Page. To a mass that takes this at face value. And that is still just a small snippet of a broader picture of things he does and why, but even standing for itself. This is not quite white noise. Even after getting used to it.

As a rule of thumb: Everything that would have set the country on fire if Obama or Hillary ever had done it is still worth a thread. I think that sounds reasonable.

As for the word "cult", I would not go that far.
(12-11-2019, 10:49 PM)hollodero Wrote: He called FBI agents "scum". He spread a rumor about Lisa Page. To a mass that takes this at face value. And that is still just a small snippet of a broader picture of things he does and why, but even standing for itself. This is not quite white noise. Even after getting used to it.

As a rule of thumb: Everything that would have set the country on fire if Obama or Hillary ever had done it is still worth a thread. I think that sounds reasonable.

As for the word "cult", I would not go that far.

He called FBI agents that openly showed bias against him scum; let's not bury the lead.

Of course he shouldn't have done it; it is beneath the station of POTUS. But if you want me to "clutch my pearls" over his remarks: Saying BS about Page and Strzok falls quite far down the list. I pretty sure the FBI said they embarrassed them.

You and the OP find it worthy of a thread; however, no one else in this forum has posted on the subject. Suspended dude called out attacked the OP and got suspended; that's what I commented on. You and Fred chose to comment on my comment. You can say it: The thread is trivial and worthy of ridicule given the source. 

(12-11-2019, 10:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I think he learned it from Harry “He didn’t win did he” Reid.We have some really great people at the top of give don’t we?

I'm no expert but this could be whataboutisim or it could be exposing hypocrisy. It depends on whose side you are on. IMO it's whataboutisim.