Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just extend Taylor now
9-6 what a great job he has done with Burrow and this team..Who Dey
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 07:42 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: 9-6 what a great job he has done with Burrow and this team..Who Dey

He really has done a great job. Once he changed the culture winning followed. It helps having Joe Burrow as your QB.
Reply/Quote
I'd say that securing at least a winning season has merited him worthy of the standard two year extension.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 07:46 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: He really has done a great job. Once he changed the culture winning followed. It helps having Joe Burrow as your QB.

And it helps Burrow having ZT as his HC...
Reply/Quote
People think I'm too negative, but really I've just been trying to hold back and be objective. Kinda felt like Zac needed a big year to make up for the long rebuild and lots of losing.

Well, I think I'm about ready to admit Zac has had a good year. Sweeping the Steelers and Ravens. Defense is good. Offense has had some inconsistency but is overall good. I think he's earned another year.

Now when he wins us a championship in February, I'll have to change that to he's earned several more years. Cool
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
What a difference a week makes lol..
Reply/Quote
Do we even know he's up for extension, and not on a 5 year contract? I think everyone agrees 3 years is the mark to decide if you are going to keep a new HC conducting a rebuild, I don't remember ever seeing his contract details though.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 07:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'd say that securing at least a winning season has merited him worthy of the standard two year extension.

Sounds about right.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 07:59 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Do we even know he's up for extension, and not on a 5 year contract? I think everyone agrees 3 years is the mark to decide if you are going to keep a new HC conducting a rebuild, I don't remember ever seeing his contract details though.

You stole my avi brosef
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
One year extension. His overall record is still abysmal.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Win a playoff game. Then we’ll talk extension.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 07:58 PM)Tony Wrote: What a difference a week makes lol..

Did folks want him fired after we beat Denver and moved into first place?

As to the OP: My standard was make the playoffs, regardless of wins-loses..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:02 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: You stole my avi brosef

Wowzers, a SavageHenry sighting. 

How you been brotato?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
ravens worst pass defense in league and 3rd backup QB, easy win.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 10:51 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: ravens worst pass defense in league and 3rd backup QB, easy win.

Just stop.

There is no “easy wins” in the NFL. The Texans had 20 players on the covid list today. Ask the Chargers how easy that game was…

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 07:59 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Do we even know he's up for extension, and not on a 5 year contract? I think everyone agrees 3 years is the mark to decide if you are going to keep a new HC conducting a rebuild, I don't remember ever seeing his contract details though.

I believe coach contracts can be extended at any time. They're not time sensitive like player contracts. I believe Marvin received a couple of extensions pre-2010.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Want to see how Zac coaches against Andy Reid.

But yeah, we will extend Zac after a 9 win season, just hope we get a couple more wins and maybe even a run at a
Super Bowl. Could happen, the players are all together fighting for one another and love Zac. Special team Zac has
put together.
Reply/Quote
I’ll be disappointed if we miss the playoffs by losing the last 2, and I don’t necessarily agree we should extend Zac, but I would understand it and not be surprised. We have shown the makings of a powerhouse, mixed in with some incredible duds. If they miss playoffs, I would hope for no more than a year extension.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 07:42 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: 9-6 what a great job he has done with Burrow and this team..Who Dey

I called this year the "no excuses" year.  The roster was much improved and he was in his 2nd year with Burrow. 

I am not ready to extend him mid-season, but I believe they have found their guy.  

And props to Anarumo.  I know it is difficult to get fired up as a defense playing a third stringer off another team's PS, but they were solid today as well.

Not meant as an insult to Lamar, but Johnson distributed the ball very well and took what the defense was giving him.  
Reply/Quote
Hiring a new head coach means starting over from scratch, new coach, new coordinators, new schemes, new players. Anybody that thinks MB is not going to go forward with Taylor with the way this team is performing is simply high.
Reply/Quote