Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just finished the game on Game Pass....
Once again, great game by Lou's defense. Logan Wilson is the real deal at Linebacker, and the rest of them are playing good as well. Once again, our safety tandem played well, and I can't wait to get Waynes in at DB over Apple. Hopefully Awuzie is not going to be a long term groin . BJ Webb for Billy Price may be one of the best trades in Bengals history, and once again, the D line imposed their will on the run game. 2-1 looking at Jacksonville in the Jungle. Tiger Who Dey
Reply/Quote
*BJ Hill

BJ Webb was that bum DB we had a couple years ago.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
They showed Awuzie standing on the sideline he seemed to be fine. I'm hoping they were just being cautious with the short week coming up. The defense has been very impressive and the oline doing a solid job was good to see. Although it was against a beat up Steelers dline.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 09:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: *BJ Hill

BJ Webb was that bum DB we had a couple years ago.

Right, slip of the mind and habit of typing Webb. BJ Hill....
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 09:48 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: They showed Awuzie standing on the sideline he seemed to be fine. I'm hoping they were just being cautious with the short week coming up. The defense has been very impressive and the oline doing a solid job was good to see. Although it was against a beat up Steelers dline.

With all the times the Steelers beat us down when the bengals had all the injuries or were just terrible I’m excited to see it the other way
Reply/Quote
For the flack he gets, I thought Apple did better than expected today.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 09:57 PM)samhain Wrote: For the flack he gets, I thought Apple did better than expected today.

He did.  He's not very good but he wasn't a game killer today either.

I just hope Waynes isn't a rusty heap if he plays.

Apple isn't good but it could be worse!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
There must be some mistake here, Apple is #20 guys…

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 09:57 PM)samhain Wrote: For the flack he gets, I thought Apple did better than expected today.

I mean he had a man beating him by 5-10 yards for a walk in touchdown if Ben has it even close to the receiver. 

Gave up another big play trying to peak into the backfield, got beat deep, and Vonn Bell had to save a touchdown. 

Three games in and he's basically the only person being beat for big plays and committing costly penalties.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 10:08 PM)TheFan Wrote: I mean he had a man beating him by 5-10 yards for a walk in touchdown if Ben has it even close to the receiver. 

Gave up another big play trying to peak into the backfield, got beat deep, and Vonn Bell had to save a touchdown. 

Three games in and he's basically the only person being beat for big plays and committing costly penalties.

Well that's why he's not a starter. He's not starter good, but he's not LeShaun Sims bad either.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 10:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well that's why he's not a starter. He's not starter good, but he's not LeShaun Sims bad either.

I mean not many are that bad lol But I would say he was about as bad as expected not better. 

The Pitt receiving core is missing as many WRs as we are DBs. 
Reply/Quote
You can do worse than Apple for your 4th/5th corner…we know that because we saw it last year.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 10:13 PM)TheFan Wrote: I mean not many are that bad lol But I would say he was about as bad as expected not better. 

The Pitt receiving core is missing as many WRs as we are DBs. 

I don't want to see any player seriously hurt, but it is kind of nice to see their players helped off the field after so many years of it being ours. Wink
Reply/Quote

Well, bumbling that gimme pick6 kinda exemplifies Apple's overall performance.  Was in the right place, but did nothing noteworthy..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote