Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just for fun: Senate Confirms Adulteress As Ambassador To Vatican
http://www.joemygod.com/2017/10/16/senate-confirms-adulteress-ambassador-vatican/

Quote:The Republican-led Senate on Monday confirmed Callista Gingrich, wife of former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, as the U.S. ambassador to the Vatican.

Senators approved her nomination, 70-23, with more than 20 Democrats joining Republicans in backing her for the post. Newt Gingrich is an ally of Trump, who had announced in May that he would nominate the former congressman’s wife.

She was a congressional aide when she began a six-year affair with Newt Gingrich, then a married Republican lawmaker from Georgia. In 2012, Gingrich’s second wife, Marianne Gingrich, told ABC News that he had proposed an “open marriage” so he could continue to see Callista without divorcing. The former speaker denied the charge.

More...

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/10/16/callista-gingrich-confirmed-as-vatican-envoy/

Quote:He converted to Catholicism in 2009, after years of attending mass at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, D.C., where Callista Gingrich has performed in the choir.

The Senate Foreign Relations Committee held Callista Gingrich’s confirmation hearing in mid-July. She sought to assure skeptical Democrats on the panel that Trump wanted the United States to be an environmental leader even after pulling out of the international accord aimed at combatting global warming.

Democrats have criticized Trump sharply for withdrawing from the Paris climate agreement, a move that left the United States, Syria and Nicaragua as the only sovereign countries to not be part of the agreement.

But Callista Gingrich said Trump is committed to sustaining “our clean air and our clean water.” She said “we aren’t backing off of that” despite Trump’s decision to withdraw from the climate accord.

“We’re all called to be stewards of the land,” she said.

Pope Francis met with Trump in late May at the Vatican, days after the president announced he was nominating Callista Gingrich to the ambassador’s post. Francis, who has framed climate change as an urgent moral crisis and blamed global warming on an unfair, fossil fuel-based industrial model that harms the poor, presented Trump as a gift his 2015 encyclical on the need to protect the environment.

But Trump’s vision for foreign relations and diplomacy has been starkly different from that promoted by the pope. While Francis has spoken of the need for bridges between nations, Trump has advocated building a wall on the Mexican border and restricting travel to the U.S. from six Muslim-majority countries as necessary national security measures.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
But it's okay, because wouldn't he not have been married to his second wife in the eyes of the church? So he was committing adultery against someone he was already committing adultery with...
Some of these ambassadorships are a joke. It's like that soap opera executive for Hungary or the guy who called one of those Nordic country's leading political party "radical".

The religious component makes this one good. I hope they aren't so fragile that seeing adulterers in society makes them unable to practice their faith.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
This is some good TV.

I'm hoping his next appointment is Snickers/Mars CEO Grant Reid for ambassador to Burundi. He could hope off the U.S. taxpayer jet, throw out handfuls of candy bars shot ting "Your not yourselves when you're hungry!"

Hell, lets put Octomom (is she still around?) and Rick Wagoner in charge of welfare reform.
(10-17-2017, 10:50 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Some of these ambassadorships are a joke. It's like that soap opera executive for Hungary or the guy who called one of those Nordic country's leading political party "radical".

The religious component makes this one good. I hope they aren't so fragile that seeing adulterers in society makes them unable to practice their faith.

Most of these are jokes.

Just rewards for donors of each party.

If you could choose to be an ambassador of a country of your choice which would you choose?
(10-17-2017, 11:45 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If you could choose to be an ambassador of a country of your choice which would you choose?

Switzerland.
(10-17-2017, 11:45 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote:  

If you could choose to be an ambassador of a country of your choice which would you choose?

The Virgin Islands.

Mellow
(10-17-2017, 11:45 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If you could choose to be an ambassador of a country of your choice which would you choose?

The Vatican.  Apparently they let some real loose women in there.  
(10-17-2017, 11:45 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote:  

(10-17-2017, 11:56 AM)GMDino Wrote: The Vatican.  Apparently they let some real loose women in there.  

Are... you saying you're a real loose woman?

I'm asking for a friend.
(10-17-2017, 12:04 PM)Benton Wrote: Are... you saying you're a real loose woman?

I'm asking for a friend.

No. " Mellow"
Don't you long for the days when we could send an ambassador to the Vatican who hasn't sinned?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-17-2017, 12:13 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Don't you long for the days when we could send an ambassador to the Vatican who hasn't sinned?

Got me wondering who else held the post:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Ambassador_to_the_Holy_See

Certainly no one is sinless.

Quote:Callista Louise Gingrich (née Bisek;[1] born March 4, 1966) is an American political aide, businesswoman, and author. She is married to former Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives and 2012 Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich.[2] In May 2017, President Donald Trump nominated her to be the United States Ambassador to the Holy See and the United States Senate confirmed the nomination on October 16, 2017.[3][4]

In 1988, just out of college, she accepted an internship in Washington, D.C., in the office of Republican Congressman Steve Gunderson.[5] At the end of the internship she joined Gunderson's congressional staff[5] where she worked until 1995. In 1995, she moved to the House Committee on Agriculture where she worked as chief clerk until 2007.[5][12][13]

Multimedia productions[edit]
Since leaving the House Committee on Agriculture in 2007, Gingrich has served as president of Gingrich Productions, a multimedia production company which she founded with her husband.[14] They produce historical and public policy documentary films, publish books and newsletters, and make speeches, television, and radio appearances.[10]

Together, they have hosted nine documentaries, including The First American, Divine Mercy: The Canonization of John Paul II, A City Upon A Hill, America at Risk, Nine Days that Changed the WorldRonald Reagan: Rendezvous with Destiny, Rediscovering God in America, Rediscovering God in America II: Our Heritage, and We Have the Power.[15] The films have sold several hundred thousand copies.[14]

Gingrich has authored seven children's books featuring Ellis the Elephant,[5] including Sweet Land of Liberty, about American exceptionalism, and Land of the Pilgrims' Pride, about colonial America. Both were on The New York Times Best Seller list of Children's Picture Books.[16][17] Yankee Doodle Dandy, about the American Revolution, was released in 2013.[18] From Sea to Shining Sea, about the expedition of Lewis and Clark and the early years of the United States, was released in October 2014.[19] Christmas in America, about the history of Christmas in the United States, was released in October 2015.[20] Hail to the Chief, about United States presidents, was released in October 2016.[21] Remember the Ladies, about United States first ladies, is scheduled to be released in October 2017.

She co-authored a photobook, Ronald Reagan: Rendezvous with Destiny, with her husband and Dave Bossie.[22] Gingrich is also the voice for several of her husband's audiobooks.[12]
[/url]

Quote:Kenneth Francis Hackett (born January 27, 1947) was the United States Ambassador to the Holy See from August 2013 until January 2017.[1] He was previously president of Catholic Relief Services (CRS).

Hackett attended Boston College, graduating in 1968. He then joined the Peace Corps and served in Ghana. Afterwards, he joined Catholic Relief Services (CRS), serving in Africa and Asia. He was named the president of CRS, retiring in 2011.[2]

He was nominated to the post by President Barack Obama in June 2013 and confirmed by the Senate on August 1, 2013.[3]

He presented his Letters of Credence to Pope Francis on October 21, 2013. In March 2016 he was appointed Knight Grand Cross of the Order of Pius IX. He took leave on 16 January 2017.[4]

Awards and honors[edit]

Hackett received an honorary doctorate from the University of Notre Dame in 2007.[5] He was also awarded the Laetare Medal in 2012 by Notre Dame.

Quote:Miguel Humberto Díaz (born September 29, 1963)[1] is an American theologian, diplomat and commentator who served as United States Ambassador to the Holy See. He was nominated by President Barack Obama and confirmed by the U.S. Senate on August 5, 2009.[2] He resigned on November 5, 2012,[3] and was immediately named University Professor of Faith and Culture[4] at the University of Dayton. He was the first Hispanic U.S. Ambassador accredited to the Holy See.

As ambassador, Díaz helped launch the Religion in Foreign Policy Working Group of the Secretary of State’s Strategic Dialogue with Civil Society. The Working Group facilitates regular dialogue between the U.S. foreign policy establishment and religious leaders, scholars, and practitioners worldwide on strategies to build more effective partnerships on issues such as conflict prevention, humanitarian assistance and national security.[3]

On May 20, 2014, Loyola University Chicago announced that they intended to hire Díaz as a professor despite the University of Dayton harassment allegation. A spokesman for Loyola said in an email, “We have reviewed the allegations raised against Miguel Diaz and our offer to him stands.” He will become a professor at Loyola on July 1, 2014.[5]

Quote:Mary Ann GlendonJ.D.LL.M. (born October 7, 1938) is the Learned Hand Professor of Law at Harvard Law School and a former United States Ambassador to the Holy See. She teaches and writes on bioethicscomparative constitutional lawproperty, and human rights in international law. She is pro-life and "writes forcefully against the expansion of abortion rights."[1]

Quote:Laurence Francis Rooney III (born December 4, 1953) is an American politician and diplomat who is the [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_of_Representatives]U.S. Representative for Florida's 19th congressional district. A Republican, he served as the United States Ambassador to the Holy See from 2005 until 2008. He had served as the CEO of Rooney Holdings (formerly known as Rooney Brothers Company), an investment and holding company based in Naples, Florida.
(10-17-2017, 12:23 PM)GMDino Wrote: Got me wondering who else held the post:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Ambassador_to_the_Holy_See

Certainly no one is sinless.

[/url]

[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Ann_Glendon#cite_note-Slate-1]
If they aren't named Jesus or Mary, then no dice.  

Quote:Jesus comes upon a crowd stoning a harlot.  He was shocked at the cruelty, and he opens his arms wide and yells "STOP!!!" in his booming, godly voice. Everybody pauses and turns, stones in their hands, and Jesus begins to preach.

He preaches about brotherly love, and turning the other cheek. His words are inspiring and the crowd grows ashamed as the stones drop from their hands. Finally he ends his sermon, with the words
"Let the one without sin cast the first stone!"
There is a solemn silence, as each person humbly considers Jesus' words in their hearts - until a little old lady in the back picks up a stone and hurls it at the harlot! Immediately, the entire crowd picks up their stones and resumes their earlier behavior.
Jesus, in anger, turns to the little old lady and says,
"Mom, sometimes you really piss Me off!"
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-17-2017, 12:26 PM)michaelsean Wrote: If they aren't named Jesus or Mary, then no dice.  

As a child of Catholic school I always loved that joke! 

(10-17-2017, 11:45 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Most of these are jokes.  

Just rewards for donors of each party.  

I actually mention this when I teach it. 

Italy or Ireland. Go back to the motherlands and enjoy the sights and sounds. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(10-17-2017, 12:36 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I actually mention this when I teach it. 

This is very true for a lot of countries where our relationship is good and it is stable. Less so for ones where the relationship isn't so hot or it's on a rocky footing. But, even the ones we are on good terms with, it's advisable not to send someone the host country would deem offensive. I'm not saying Mrs. Gingrich III will be seen as such, but merely that even the posts that are for the donors have that caveat tied to it.
(10-17-2017, 12:39 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: This is very true for a lot of countries where our relationship is good and it is stable. Less so for ones where the relationship isn't so hot or it's on a rocky footing. But, even the ones we are on good terms with, it's advisable not to send someone the host country would deem offensive. I'm not saying Mrs. Gingrich III will be seen as such, but merely that even the posts that are for the donors have that caveat tied to it.

I would think she would technically be ok. She wasn't previously married.

Newt, on the other hand, might be deemed offensive. From a record number of ethics violations filed against as speaker to divorcing his first wife while she was in the hospital to marry his first mistress (second wife) or divorcing his second wife to marry his second mistress (third wife).
(10-17-2017, 12:36 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I actually mention this when I teach it. 

Ah both of those would be cool places to go.

My wife would probably force a Belarus choice or maybe Russia. Which would be cool because I love the history.

Australia would be high on my personal list.

Trick question because no one who truly loves America and is smart enough to realize how great this place is would be able to bear leaving.
(10-17-2017, 02:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Trick question because no one who truly loves America and is smart enough to realize how great this place is would be able to bear leaving.

False. Your job as an Evangelical American™ is to spread the gospel of just how great the good ol' U S of A is to the rest of the world.