Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just for fun, redrafted 2017
I was messing around on nfldraftlounge.com and they let you do redrafts. Let me start by saying, I think things have worked out fine for us and I wouldn't trade Burrow for Mahomes. I just wouldn't. But this draft is...pretty insane. Hindsight is 20/20 of course.

Of course, I don't know how things would have worked with our old coaching staff. I assume we'd keep Andy for at least that year (Mahomes didn't play much his first year anyway). And I think TJ Watt is more of a 3-4 player so I am not sure what you do with that. Still if these players were even 90% of their current versions we would have been very, very good. Aaron Jones has a higher YPC than Mixon and was taken 128 picks later. Andrew Wylie started in the Superbowl this year and allowed no sacks. Josh Tupou is the only player from our draft I kept because there wasn't some pick that jumped out at as being better and he has been decent DL depth.

9 Patrick Mahomes QB Texas Tech
48 T.J. Watt EDGE Wisconsin
73 Cooper Kupp WR Eastern Washington
116 George Kittle TE Iowa
128 Trey Hendrickson EDGE Florida Atlantic
138 Matt Milano LB Boston College
153 Jamal Agnew (Punt Returner) CB San Diego
176 Aaron Jones RB UTEP
193 Kenny Moore CB Valdosta State
207 Josh Tupou DL Colorado
251 Andrew Wylie OT Eastern Michigan

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2023, 10:26 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: I was messing around on nfldraftlounge.com and they let you do redrafts. Let me start by saying, I think things have worked out fine for us and I wouldn't trade Burrow for Mahomes. I just wouldn't. But this draft is...pretty insane. Hindsight is 20/20 of course.

Of course, I don't know how things would have worked with our old coaching staff. I assume we'd keep Andy for at least that year (Mahomes didn't play much his first year anyway). And I think TJ Watt is more of a 3-4 player so I am not sure what you do with that. Still if these players were even 90% of their current versions we would have been very, very good. Aaron Jones has a higher YPC than Mixon and was taken 128 picks later. Andrew Wylie started in the Superbowl this year and allowed no sacks. Josh Tupou is the only player from our draft I kept because there wasn't some pick that jumped out at as being better and he has been decent DL depth.  

9 Patrick Mahomes QB Texas Tech
48 T.J. Watt EDGE Wisconsin
73 Cooper Kupp WR Eastern Washington
116 George Kittle TE Iowa
128 Trey Hendrickson EDGE Florida Atlantic
138 Matt Milano LB Boston College
153 Jamal Agnew (Punt Returner) CB San Diego
176 Aaron Jones RB UTEP
193 Kenny Moore CB Valdosta State
207 Josh Tupou DL Colorado
251 Andrew Wylie OT Eastern Michigan

How are you drafting Watt at 48?
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2023, 11:01 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: How are you drafting Watt at 48?

It is a full sim and as soon as you make one choice that definitely changes everything that comes after. So he was available there. 

Try it yourself if you like: 

https://nfldraftlounge.com/2023-nfl-mock-draft-simulator/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 11:43 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: It is a full sim and as soon as you make one choice that definitely changes everything that comes after. So he was available there. 

Try it yourself if you like: 

https://nfldraftlounge.com/2023-nfl-mock-draft-simulator/

Gotcha.  Didn't realize that since I was looking at this on my phone originally
Reply/Quote
Sounds like the sim drafted according to the 2017 rankings and you got to use hindsight. Watt would be a top 5 pick in hindsight (the computer knew his career projecory).
Reply/Quote