Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just how good is the AFC North ?
(05-06-2020, 07:59 PM)McC Wrote: Nope.  They still can't beat the Chefs.

They'll be good--11-5, 12-4 good, but they aren't running wild through everybody again this year.  Yanda retiring is a BIG deal. 

Greg Roman's offenses seem to have about a two to three year shelf life.  The Titans put the blueprint out there.

So true along with Yanda retiring being a big deal.

Eventually most teams figure out what you are doing and are able to slow that down on Defense.

I think every Defense that plays the Ravens after watching that playoff game will look to do the same as the Titans.

Just look at the Bengals FA...

The Bengals added players to do the same as the Titans, smart.
Reply/Quote
We specifically retooled the defense to fix the tackling which cost us probably 5 games last year. And if you make Jackson rely on accurate passing he isn't a threat. The Chargers showed it in 18 and the Titans showed it last year. So if our defense plays like it can we beat the rats. The Clowns biggest problem is Mayfield - the faster they bench him the faster they become legit. And I won't count the Stealers out until we see Big Ben suck.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2020, 09:44 PM)Joelist Wrote: We specifically retooled the defense to fix the tackling which cost us probably 5 games last year. And if you make Jackson rely on accurate passing he isn't a threat. The Chargers showed it in 18 and the Titans showed it last year. So if our defense plays like it can we beat the rats. The Clowns biggest problem is Mayfield - the faster they bench him the faster they become legit. And I won't count the Stealers out until we see Big Ben suck.

Feel the same, but the Pig sure didn't look good last season in his limited time.

Also, even if Mayfield is an asshole he is still better than every QB I have ever seen them field even if he is a diva.

Still think that entire team is a festering pile of shit, don't see it getting any better and it just proved more to me last season
when they added another talented diva in ODB and still couldn't make the Playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2020, 09:44 PM)Joelist Wrote: We specifically retooled the defense to fix the tackling which cost us probably 5 games last year. And if you make Jackson rely on accurate passing he isn't a threat. The Chargers showed it in 18 and the Titans showed it last year. So if our defense plays like it can we beat the rats. The Clowns biggest problem is Mayfield - the faster they bench him the faster they become legit. And I won't count the Stealers out until we see Big Ben suck.

I don't like Baker Mayfield... Like; at all. He's a *****, but he did ball out in 2018. That may have been an anomaly, but I don't know. I think the Browns' biggest problem is management. Freddie Kitchens was awful as a HC too, but he did manage to out coach our guy in the first game last year. That's not very encouraging. We did however outplay the Browns in both games last season so there's that.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Actually Mayfield didn't ball out. Three games (our two and Atlanta) where he played two of the worst defenses in NFL history accounted for 10 TDs and a lot of his yards and completion percentage too. And starting with his rookie year finale going through last season he gave Jameis Winston a run for the Human Turnover Machine title.
Reply/Quote
I absolutely could not stand Mayfield until he had the autograph incident on the field with the visiting soldiers. Now, I just have a mild disdain for him.
Reply/Quote
2 elite defenses and 2 improving defenses

Last years mvp
Ben has won multiple SB

It’s the toughest division in the league. It’s not even close.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2020, 09:16 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: 2 elite defenses and 2 improving defenses

Last years mvp
Ben has won multiple SB

It’s definitely close. The 9ers, Seahawks, and Rams all won 9+ games last season. Only division with 3 teams above .500. And the Cardinals will probably be a lot better with Nuk Hopkins, and a second year Kyler Murray.

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2020, 09:16 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: 2 elite defenses and 2 improving defenses

Last years mvp
Ben  has won multiple SB

I just don;t see it.. First you have one team with a winning record from last year and Baltimore is 0-2 last two years in the playoffs.. Bengals had the worst record.. The Steelers in the last two years are 3 games over 500 and not in the playoffs.. The Browns went backwards last year not forwards.. AFC North to me is in the 4/5 toughest right now and has a lot to prove this year
Reply/Quote