Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just imagine
Cj Mosley coming to us in free agency(I don't care if we pay him 13 million per year if we can get him) then getting Devin white in rd1 followed by Cody Ford and tj hockenson . All of a sudden there is no major weakness on this team.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 01:22 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Cj Mosley coming to us in free agency(I don't care if we pay him 13 million per year if we can get him) then getting Devin white in rd1 followed by Cody Ford and tj hockenson . All of a sudden there is no major weakness on this team.

Throw on top of that a real head coach instead of another yes man like Hue or Vance and you got a team that might actually win a playoff game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
just imagine a team owner who actually gives a rats ass about US as insane fans who actually follow the team despite our win and loss record!
I'm just kidding of course. It's a BUSINESS to extract your hard earned money so you can be entertained regardless of the win loss record....then stay in a constant state of pissed offedness..regardless of the win loss record..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 01:22 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Cj Mosley coming to us in free agency(I don't care if we pay him 13 million per year if we can get him) then getting Devin white in rd1 followed by Cody Ford and tj hockenson . All of a sudden there is no major weakness on this team.

That sounds great, but there would still be a major weakness on the team. It'd be wherever on the right side that Ford wouldn't play. You gotta add another FA (better than Hart or Redmond) or trade up to get another early-round pick that can start immediately and play well.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 12:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That sounds great, but there would still be a major weakness on the team. It'd be wherever on the right side that Ford wouldn't play. You gotta add another FA (better than Hart or Redmond) or trade up to get another early-round pick that can start immediately and play well.

Every team is going to have weaknesses but if they were to add a 5 rounder to a mix of Westerman, Hopkins, and Rod Taylor they could have a decent competiton for RG.

Hockenson vs Wisconsin
https://youtu.be/FYELtSGHfpI
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 01:00 PM)Synric Wrote: Every team is going to have weaknesses but if they were to add a 5 rounder to a mix of Westerman, Hopkins, and Rod Taylor they could have a decent competiton for RG.

Hockenson vs Wisconsin
https://youtu.be/FYELtSGHfpI

I was one of the biggest advocates of getting Westerman as a starter on the OL, but it didn't happen. His best opportunity to take over that starting role was this year. Since it didn't happen, I'm not convinced the team is willing to make him a starter.

I don't want to see Hopkins start anywhere except for maybe C. But I doubt they would be willing to move Price to RG so quickly. Taylor's pretty much non-existent to me. No confidence he does anything.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 01:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I was one of the biggest advocates of getting Westerman as a starter on the OL, but it didn't happen. His best opportunity to take over that starting role was this year. Since it didn't happen, I'm not convinced the team is willing to make him a starter.

I don't want to see Hopkins start anywhere except for maybe C. But I doubt they would be willing to move Price to RG so quickly. Taylor's pretty much non-existent to me. No confidence he does anything.

Point is they aren't going to fill all the perceived "holes" no team ever does but they can bring in guys and let them compete and see what shakes out.

As for Westerman new HC new outlook....Rod Taylor is a former 5 star recruit that had ups and downs at RT in the SEC. I wouldn't mind seeing him in competition for RG.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 01:38 PM)Synric Wrote: Point is they aren't going to fill all the perceived "holes" no team ever does but they can bring in guys and let them compete and see what shakes out.

As for Westerman new HC new outlook....Rod Taylor is a former 5 star recruit that had ups and downs at RT in the SEC. I wouldn't mind seeing him in competition for RG.

I wouldn't rule out a mid-round pick on OL either for the right side to compete. I'd also re-sign Andre Smith as a stopgap RT.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 02:52 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Throw on top of that a real head coach instead of another yes man like Hue or Vance and you got a team that might actually win a playoff game.
I actually like hue or Vance as HC. Better than beliemy.
(01-09-2019, 12:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That sounds great, but there would still be a major weakness on the team. It'd be wherever on the right side that Ford wouldn't play. You gotta add another FA (better than Hart or Redmond) or trade up to get another early-round pick that can start immediately and play well.
Personally I would love to get Lindstrom in rd3 instead of hockenson but I know most ppl consider te a weakness(I don't). In my scenario we would have a new rg and rt. But in the scenario above I believe now with Redmond gone they'll go with westerman. He did great when Redmond got benched.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 07:38 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I actually like hue or Vance as HC. Better than beliemy.
Personally I would love to get Lindstrom in rd3 instead of hockenson but I know most ppl consider te a weakness(I don't). In my scenario we would have a new rg and rt. But in the scenario above I believe now with Redmond gone they'll go with westerman. He did great when Redmond got benched.

Gross. 

How can anyone seriously prefer Hue or Vance, Especially Hue?

Give me the guy who is unproven and was part of a great offense rather than a guy who has failed everywhere he has gone as a head coach.

I mean hell, Hue has failed at HC in multiple locations and we want to give him another shot for what reason? Let him go back to being a coordinator and earn another shot at being a HC instead of us just giving him the job because we are familiar with him.

Lets go with an unknown, we all know what Hue is at this point and it is not something that I want as a HC.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 09:13 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Gross. 

How can anyone seriously prefer Hue or Vance, Especially Hue?

Give me the guy who is unproven and was part of a great offense rather than a guy who has failed everywhere he has gone as a head coach.

I mean hell, Hue has failed at HC in multiple locations and we want to give him another shot for what reason? Let him go back to being a coordinator and earn another shot at being a HC instead of us just giving him the job because we are familiar with him.

Lets go with an unknown, we all know what Hue is at this point and it is not something that I want as a HC.
8-8 is failing with that bad team? Being 3-0 withwvixtories over saints and  4-2 overall had they had a competent fg kicker? And dont get me started on the broncos and a guy who picks Paxton Lynch in the 1st round.
Reply/Quote

Not sure how you plan on getting Ford and Hockenson without a couple of extra first rounders....
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 12:17 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Not sure how you plan on getting Ford and Hockenson without a couple of extra first rounders....
Ford projects as a guard and should go early Rd2. As far as hockenson he's got a wide range 2nd-4th.
Reply/Quote