Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just noticed.....
Our next 2 opponents, KC and Seattle, play the Monday night game before playing our Bengals. Nothing like getting 2 good teams at our house and both having short weeks to prepare.

Maybe the good karma is finally starting to turn around in favor of the good guys!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 06:54 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Our next 2 opponents, KC and Seattle, play the Monday night game before playing our Bengals.  Nothing like getting 2 good teams at our house and both having short weeks to prepare.

Maybe the good karma is finally starting to turn around in favor of the good guys!

Both of those teams have the perfect offense to counter Cincys defense. Great running backs and great TEs to attack Cincys linebackers.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 07:04 PM)Synric Wrote: Both of those teams have the perfect offense to counter Cincys defense. Great running backs and great TEs to attack Cincys linebackers.

A on going misconception on how we have performed against top TE's last couple years (2013-14).  I found 10 games of these TE's that we have played against last two years (Gronk, J. Thomas, Gates, Graham, Olsen, Walker, Fleener and Bennett).  Here is the average stats

10 game average:       Catches:  3.5  avg   Yards:  45 avg      TDs:  3 total  over 10 games

I don't think you can dispute I listed some of the very top Tight Ends over the last two years... so your statement does not hold much water when you look at over the last two years.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 07:41 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: A on going misconception on how we have performed against top TE's last couple years (2013-14).  I found 10 games of these TE's that we have played against last two years (Gronk, J. Thomas, Gates, Graham, Olsen, Walker, Fleener and Bennett).  Here is the average stats

10 game average:       Catches:  3.5  avg   Yards:  45 avg      TDs:  3 total  over 10 games

I don't think you can dispute I listed some of the very top Tight Ends over the last two years... so your statement does not hold much water when you look at over the last two years.

Last year vs the Pats Gronk had 6 catches for 100 yards and a TD...Greg Olsen had 6 for 63 yards and a TD....

These guys are primary targets for their respective team. Guys like Fleener Gates and Bennett are not. Averaging out does not work.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 07:53 PM)Synric Wrote: Last year vs the Pats Gronk had 6 catches for 100 yards and a TD...Greg Olsen had 6 for 63 yards and a TD....

These guys are primary targets for their respective team. Guys like Fleener Gates and Bennett are not. Averaging out does not work.
Reply/Quote
So you picked two that had good games and forgot to mention graham thomas and fleener were shut down and gates in 2013 and look up last year stats graham fleener and thomas were 3rd, 6th and 7th top tight ends and yes my average does work you just chose to look at two tight ends instead of those others that are in top 10.
Reply/Quote
I'm licking my chops for that Seattle game.

That OLine is bad as ****.
Reply/Quote
We will see. This span of games is going to be tough and everyone has an unrealistic expectation of this team, nothing against the team, but I think everyone is expecting too much based off the record.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 07:04 PM)Synric Wrote: Both of those teams have the perfect offense to counter Cincys defense. Great running backs and great TEs to attack Cincys linebackers.

Our team is currently 5th in the NFL in rush yards allowed. I'm not too worried about great running backs, as we seem to be pretty solid up front.

As for Tight Ends, we held Marcel Reece, a FB/TE/HB hybrid to 26 yards on 3 receptions (granted 2 TD) all in garbage time, Ladarius Green to 5 receptions and 47 yards, and Crockett Gilmore and Maxx Williams to a combined 6 for 84 yards.

None of them are elite tight ends by any means, but they have all caused problems for other teams either this year or in the recent past.

I think the players we truly struggle with are the ones who can stop on a dime. We saw that with Danny Woodhead, Melvin Gordon and Steve Smith.

I think Lockett will give us some trouble against Seattle and I think Jamaal Charles will be trouble as a receiver.

The tight end problem seems to have improved quite a bit so far this year.
Reply/Quote
lynch is getting an MRI on his hammy... The cheifs might be angry about MNF but it doesnt look like much they can do about it.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 07:53 PM)Synric Wrote: Last year vs the Pats Gronk had 6 catches for 100 yards and a TD...Greg Olsen had 6 for 63 yards and a TD....

Relatively speaking, 6 for 100 and 1 TD is keeping Gronk in check.  And 6 for 63 and a TD is hardly lighting it up.  Didn't he get about 30 of those yards on one catch?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 01:32 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: We will see. This span of games is going to be tough and everyone has an unrealistic expectation of this team, nothing against the team, but I think everyone is expecting too much based off the record.

Record should be a large factor in expectations but so should under factors like playing home and away games, quality of the game, injuries 

When I look at the Bengals and look at others team so far after 3 games.. I would say the Bengals have performed very well ( 2 road wins), one being a divisional road win, top 7 in points scored and least  points allowed top 7.   Two turnover in 3 games, pretty much still healthy as a team.

This are all positive signs of a good team.. I fully expect them to continue to perform well.. I don;t expect them to win every game but a high majority at this time is within expectations of this team at this point in season.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 01:32 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: We will see. This span of games is going to be tough and everyone has an unrealistic expectation of this team, nothing against the team, but I think everyone is expecting too much based off the record.

only time they have slipped so far is vs the ravens late....

At first i didnt want to give credit for beating the raiders but they havent lost since (they = raiders)
Reply/Quote
Chiefs actually have to play on the road on MOnday followed by a road game on Sunday. You don't see that very often. Usually the schedule makers will try to give all teams a home game after playing on the road on a Monday night.
Reply/Quote
The love the fact we have both of these opponents are coming in on short rest, certainly puts things in our favor.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 09:51 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: So you picked two that had good games and forgot to mention graham thomas and fleener were shut down and gates in 2013 and look up last year stats graham fleener and thomas were 3rd, 6th and 7th top tight ends and yes my average does work you just chose to look at two tight ends instead of those others that are in top 10.

You can't hand-pick stats to prove your point and then yell at someone else for hand-picking stats to prove their point.  :snark:

Anyways, I noticed this quirk in the schedule as well. Two opponents in a row, at home, with a short week to prepare (plus an early kickoff for jet-lagged Seattle!). That's about as favorable as things get in the NFL, and I hope we can take full advantage to reach 5-0.
Reply/Quote
i also think we dont play a single team coming off their bye week
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 05:13 PM)Ryuko Wrote: You can't hand-pick stats to prove your point and then yell at someone else for hand-picking stats to prove their point.  :snark:

Anyways, I noticed this quirk in the schedule as well. Two opponents in a row, at home, with a short week to prepare (plus an early kickoff for jet-lagged Seattle!). That's about as favorable as things get in the NFL, and I hope we can take full advantage to reach 5-0.

I did not hand pick stats.. if you look at the post, he stated we don;t play well against good Tight ends.. well I believe i listed 7 good to great tight ends over the last two years we have played against.. 10 total games.. and i showed that overall we have played well against good to great tight ends.. he then selectively chose two tight ends that had good games but disregarded the other 5 that did not.  

So maybe you should not hand pick a comment and read the entire threads .. :) to get a more accurate response....
Reply/Quote
Any advantage the Bengals can get will help.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 06:54 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Our next 2 opponents, KC and Seattle, play the Monday night game before playing our Bengals.  Nothing like getting 2 good teams at our house and both having short weeks to prepare.

Yeah, definately gives us even more of an advantage then just being at home.

Hopefully we can use this to beat these teams even worse but they are good teams.

But i could definately see us getting to 5-0 if we take full advantage of this.
Reply/Quote