Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just over a month from now
Is our matchup. Wow it's sneaking up on us fast. I'm so excited for football. Hopefully preseason we both can get out of it healthy. We have Seattle and Atlanta before you guys so there is an 0-2 possibility for us. You have Baltimore and Houston so you could be 2-0.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 01:52 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Is our matchup. Wow it's sneaking up on us fast. I'm so excited for football. Hopefully preseason we both can get out of it healthy. We have Seattle and Atlanta before you guys so there is an 0-2 possibility for us. You have Baltimore and Houston so you could be 2-0.
For a long time, Marvin had success against Houston.  The past several years, we have been their bitches.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 01:56 PM)McC Wrote: For a long time, Marvin had success against Houston.  The past several years, we have been their bitches.

I remember watching a Monday night game where you guys had them at home and were the better team and lost. Certain teams matchup with teams well. Houston owns you and you own us.
Reply/Quote
I'm going. Any tips, advice pb?
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 02:07 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I'm going. Any tips, advice pb?

Go to the Packers hall of fame and do the Stadium tour. Go to Brett Farves steakhouse. 
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 02:07 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I'm going. Any tips, advice pb?

Don't step on a rusty nail!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 02:21 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Go to the Packers hall of fame and do the Stadium tour. Go to Brett Farves steakhouse. 

Stadium tour was on the agenda. We'll hit the steakhouse. Looks like we're not getting in the stadium for any less than $200 per.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 02:39 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Stadium tour was on the agenda. We'll hit the steakhouse. Looks like we're not getting in the stadium for any less than $200 per.

Bay Beach might still be open. It is an amusement park for rides for kids and roller coasters. If you are bringing your kids along.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 02:38 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Don't step on a rusty nail!

I'll be plenty self-medicated. That wouldn't affect anything.
Reply/Quote
The Titletown park is scheduled to open in Mid September. They have a water park in there as well as shopping and restaurants! Check it out StoneTheCrow.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 02:39 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Stadium tour was on the agenda. We'll hit the steakhouse. Looks like we're not getting in the stadium for any less than $200 per.

Not a horrible price considering venue. 

Heck three of my Bengals games this year ( steelers, Browns, and Bears)are $144 each at season ticket prices. 

Think it is a special place and am envious of you on this day. Enjoy !

Go to South Bend every couple of years even though am not an Irish fan and love it every single time.

Some places are just football hallowed grounds  and Lambeau Field is certainly one in my book. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
PB!

Looking forward to this tilt; the '09 game was brought up (I think by you) in a thread recently and it is a FONDLY remebered game in my house, as my best friend (a die-hard Packer fan) watched it with me, the first game we ever watched together, featuring our teams.

So many awesome things happened and Odom was a terror, not just with the sacks, but he dominated Colledge all game, after Clifton went down (maybe it was Lang who stepped in? Not sure), even in the run game.

Gonna be fantastic!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2017, 01:56 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: PB!

Looking forward to this tilt; the '09 game was brought up (I think by you) in a thread recently and it is a FONDLY remebered game in my house, as my best friend (a die-hard Packer fan) watched it with me, the first game we ever watched together, featuring our teams.

So many awesome things happened and Odom was a terror, not just with the sacks, but he dominated Colledge all game, after Clifton went down (maybe it was Lang who stepped in? Not sure), even in the run game.

Gonna be fantastic!

I'm pretty sure you guys beat us here in GB. I wouldn't be surprised if you beat us again next month. I hope we can at least win once lol. It's been almost 2 decades since we beat you lol.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2017, 10:50 AM)packerbacker Wrote: I'm pretty sure you guys beat us here in GB. I wouldn't be surprised if you beat us again next month. I hope we can at least win once lol. It's been almost 2 decades since we beat you lol.

We'll see! And yes, we won by a TD, 31-24 or something?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Should be a great game.

Always my favorite games to watch. The two most exciting teams in the league to watch IMHO. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2017, 10:50 AM)packerbacker Wrote: I'm pretty sure you guys beat us here in GB. I wouldn't be surprised if you beat us again next month. I hope we can at least win once lol. It's been almost 2 decades since we beat you lol.

The Packers beat the brakes off the Bengals in a preseason game in Cincinnati a few years back. I was there. It was one of those games that the Bengals didn't score a TD til the fourth quarter... The crowd that was still in attendance gave a sarcastic cheer.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Looking forward to this game (although deep down inside I was hoping for a December game on the frozen Tundra).

While I have flown in and out of Green Bay I haven't spent much time in the city. I believe we are going to hit the Cubs/Brewers in Milwaukee on Thursday night on the way up.

Whats the bar scene like in GB?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2017, 02:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Should be a great game.

Always my favorite games to watch. The two most exciting teams in the league to watch IMHO. Rock On

Maybe it will end in a tie. I guess I'll drink to that but as long as we go 15-0-1 lol.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2017, 03:18 PM)corpjet Wrote: Looking forward to this game (although deep down inside I was hoping for a December game on the frozen Tundra).

While I have flown in and out of Green Bay I haven't spent much time in the city.  I believe we are going to hit the Cubs/Brewers in Milwaukee on Thursday night on the way up.

Bar scene is great! Go to Titletown Brewery. Awesome place to go.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2017, 03:18 PM)corpjet Wrote: Looking forward to this game (although deep down inside I was hoping for a December game on the frozen Tundra).

While I have flown in and out of Green Bay I haven't spent much time in the city.  I believe we are going to hit the Cubs/Brewers in Milwaukee on Thursday night on the way up.

Do they even drink beer in Wisconsin??  Hilarious
Reply/Quote