Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Just poor workers looking for a better life, right?
Actually, what they ought to do is start prosecuting anyone that knowingly hires an illegal alien to do anything, and then come down with huge fines and prison time. If they can't work here, they'll go home. I'm all for legal migrants coming across and working and have long said that process should be made easier for migrant workers. But once they sneak in, they are no better than a burglar who enters your home illegally. They jumped the line in front of those who are trying to do it legally and the right way, and they should not be rewarded for it.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 10:16 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Actually, what they ought to do is start prosecuting anyone that knowingly hires an illegal alien to do anything, and then come down with huge fines and prison time. If they can't work here, they'll go home. I'm all for legal migrants coming across and working and have long said that process should be made easier for migrant workers. But once they sneak in, they are no better than a burglar who enters your home illegally. They jumped the line in front of those who are trying to do it legally and the right way, and they should not be rewarded for it.

Absolutely what should be happening. But those are the wealthy people bankrolling campaigns on both sides of the aisle. Not going to happen.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 10:36 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Absolutely what should be happening. But those are the wealthy people bankrolling campaigns on both sides of the aisle. Not going to happen.

Indeedy.  The powers that be are not only great at protecting their own, but we as voters are way too eager to swallow yet another hook about how it is really the poor and destitute who are making us regular folk suffer.  It's also pretty bitterly amusing since enacting this form of law may actually lead to the current face of the GOP and a former president being in hot water.  Yeah, I bet that'll happen.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 10:16 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Actually, what they ought to do is start prosecuting anyone that knowingly hires an illegal alien to do anything, and then come down with huge fines and prison time. If they can't work here, they'll go home. I'm all for legal migrants coming across and working and have long said that process should be made easier for migrant workers. But once they sneak in, they are no better than a burglar who enters your home illegally. They jumped the line in front of those who are trying to do it legally and the right way, and they should not be rewarded for it.

I agree 100% with that.

That would be more like part 2 on attacking the incentives as to why they come here and stay illegally.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote