Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just realized what might be holding this franchise back..im
(05-17-2018, 06:36 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Im looking around the league at players like Joey Bosa
Todd Gurley Marshawn Lattimore JuJu Smith Schuster
Kareem Hunt Stefan Diggs....
whats the common thread all under the age of 25 and are impact players...difference makers...franchise cornerstones....
simply put the Bengals past drafts of recent memory has this team stuck in the proverbial mud.
back to back 7 and 9 seasons. hooray.
yeah Duke Tobin has hit on a couple BUT NOT ENOUGH. HIS MISSES ARE HURTING THE FRANCHISE
Jackson and Lawson look like future game changers
but turn the page
Vigil fail
Ogebughi super fail
Fisher fail
Malone incomplete
Core fail
Kroft better than average
i not gonna name off every draft pick over 4 years time but you get my point
for a franchise who mantra is draft and develop
its sputtering like Briggs and Stratton lawn mower from 1979.
its time for these young guys to produce or sit the bench
look at Pittsbugh...getting production and impact from Watt Schuster Davis heck even Jesse James
etc etc
the future is now.
the.Tobin honeymoon is done its a wrap.homies

It's not just the drafts, the team also has resigned the wrong players and lets the better ones go.

Now, granted some of those players you mentioned were drafted before the Bengals even picked in the 1st round and were out of reach. But some were definitely in reach and the team whiffed.

We took Ross over Lattimore. Taking Lattimore and letting Kirkpatrick walk would have given us Jackson, Dennard in the slot and Lattimore. That would probably be the best set of corners in the league. Instead we have Dre "Penalty Machine" Kirkpatrick locked up for years. I hope Austin cleans up Dre's game.

Considering that we had signed Kirkpatrick before the draft last year and that more or less took Lattimore off the board for us, I had wanted us to take Derek Barnett, who would have already taken over the RDE spot and made the DL very solid with Dunlap, Atkins, Barnett and Glasgow/Billings.

We resigned Williams and let Nelson go after Nelson led the league in interceptions for all positions, not just safety. What is even more irritating about that move is that the team paid Williams more than Nelson got.

The biggest failures were Ogbuehi and Fisher and both were OL and it is very possible that Paul Alexander's influence f--ed those picks up. At least we can hope that was the reason for those two.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2018, 06:36 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Im looking around the league at players like Joey Bosa
Todd Gurley Marshawn Lattimore JuJu Smith Schuster
Kareem Hunt Stefan Diggs....
whats the common thread all under the age of 25 and are impact players...difference makers...franchise cornerstones....
simply put the Bengals past drafts of recent memory has this team stuck in the proverbial mud.
back to back 7 and 9 seasons. hooray.
yeah Duke Tobin has hit on a couple BUT NOT ENOUGH. HIS MISSES ARE HURTING THE FRANCHISE
Jackson and Lawson look like future game changers
but turn the page
Vigil fail
Ogebughi super fail
Fisher fail
Malone incomplete
Core fail
Kroft better than average
i not gonna name off every draft pick over 4 years time but you get my point
for a franchise who mantra is draft and develop
its sputtering like Briggs and Stratton lawn mower from 1979.
its time for these young guys to produce or sit the bench
look at Pittsbugh...getting production and impact from Watt Schuster Davis heck even Jesse James
etc etc
the future is now.
the.Tobin honeymoon is done its a wrap.homies

Just in the last few Drafts we got Will Jax III, Mixon and Carl Lawson. Will Jax could be the next Darrell Revis for all we
know. Mixon is just as talented as Gurley or Hunt. Lawson could be just as good as Bosa as a pass rusher and is way
better than TJ Watt at this already.

We also Drafted Geno Atkins and AJ Green who might just be the best at their respective positions in the NFL.

The Draft is a crapshoot, but overall we are one of the best Drafting teams. Watch out if John Ross and Andrew Billings
become who i think they could. Same with our first 4 picks this year in Price, Bates, Hubbard and Jefferson.

You aren't going to hit on every Draft pick, no team does.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2018, 11:48 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Trading up from Paul Alexander to Frank Pollack was beyond my wildest dreams.

so far trading P.A. to F.P. has gained us ZERO victories....
we shall see... Hmm
but how can we be any worse than last yr..........???????
both of our OT sucked....& Bodine was weak
so  befor you crown F.P. as  an O-line guru, remember he will have better players to work with..........
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2018, 10:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, they made some uncharacteristically smart moves this offseason.  Personally, I'm happy with the direction they are turning.

when a team drafts 2 OT's in rds 1 & 2 & they don't pan out that's a HUGE blow to a team.....
& Bodine's been a weak link from day 1 anyway....
this has  just killed our Offense the past 2 years....
hopefully we're now getting out of that rut....
Reply/Quote
Don't forget Bengals fans.. The day you signed up to be a Bengals fan is the day you married a cheating stripper expecting a humble church mouse of a bride..  You can't undo it. There's no Bengals divorce court. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Has this guy looked the Steelers 15-16 drafts? 

Bud Dupree
LB
Kentucky
Senquez Golson
CB
Mississippi
Sammie Coates
WR
Auburn
Doran Grant
CB
Ohio State
Jesse James
TE
Penn State
L.T. Walton
DT
Central Michigan
Anthony Chickillo
DE
Miami (Fla.)
Gerod Holliman
FS
Louisville

[b]25

Artie Burns
CB
Miami (Fla.)
Sean Davis
SAF
Maryland
Javon Hargrave
DT
South Carolina State
Jerald Hawkins
T
LSU
Travis Feeney
OLB
Washington
DeMarcus Ayers
WR
Houston
Tyler Matakevich
LB
Temple

[/b]

[b]2 drafts and all they got was Dupree who is not as good as Lawson and a TE who has worse stats than our back up this season. GTFOH.[/b]
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote