Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just remember...
I think we have a great shot of winning, match up with them in a lot of key areas. If we lose though, it will suck for a bit but life goes on.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 10:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Nobody predicted a winning season other than fringe homers who predict a winning season every year. LOL

But yes even if we lose, we're still having a good season. If we're not in the Super Bowl hunt this year, it's coming. That said, I think we beat the Ravens. This team is built to take on Lamar. We loaded up on run stoppers and corners who can tackle on the outside.

And we all know Lamar ain't beating Burrow with his arm, so...

My policy has to always be a fringe blind homer no matter how bad the team is going into the season. It typically gets reevaluated by the first few minutes of the first game, but this season it's been reevaluated every few minutes of every game so far..
hey, I'm hoping we blow them out ala Detroit.. That's my fantasy and I'm sticking to it.. ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 10:30 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I don't think any of us saw the production of some of our FA signings coming.  And we were all figuring we once again got screwed by our first pick again.  But Chase has really started of well.  TC scared the crap outta me.  Thought the boy couldn't catch anything.

I think we're going to be able to compete with just about anybody, if we are healthy.  I think this game is our statement.

^This

The free agent signings were mostly viewed at either talent replacement or even perhaps a decline in talent at those positions.

That is why many fans weren't necessarily excited going into the season.

Those newly acquired FAs have more than exceeded their impact for the team.

I might also add that no one knew how Burrow would perform coming back quickly from such a serious injury.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
BTW I want to make it clear that I absolutely think we can beat the Ravens. I have watched them play twice this year and both times (Raiders, Colts) their defense looked bad and Jackson puts the ball on the ground A LOT.

But if the Ravens bring their A-game it will be very tough to beat them on the road. I won't be "satisfied" with a loss, but I will take it with a grain of salt as long as we play well. If we don't show up or get blown out then I will be pissed.
Reply/Quote
Yeah trying to look at the schedule realistically before the season I thought the Bengals would go 1-5 in the division ( the only win coming against the Steelers). But now that we're 4-2 and we've all got to see this team for 6 games I know they have the ability to beat the Ravens. I'm still trying to temper my expectations and I think I'll be happy if we keep it a close game. A blowout or just a game we're we can't do much on offense but the defense keeps it close will probably be the two outcomes that upset me.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2021, 08:35 AM)grampahol Wrote: My policy has to always be a fringe blind homer no matter how bad the team is going into the season. It typically gets reevaluated by the first few minutes of the first game, but this season it's been reevaluated every few minutes of every game so far..
hey, I'm hoping we blow them out ala Detroit.. That's my fantasy and I'm sticking to it.. ThumbsUp

Nothing wrong with having that outlook, and I wasn't trying to insult anyone there. I kinda admire the positivity, tbh. That comment was pretty much me saying "homers shouldn't puff their chests out over predictions, because they always predict winning seasons". LOL
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2021, 08:35 AM)grampahol Wrote:  That's my fantasy and I'm sticky..

Nervous

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2021, 06:00 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Nervous

You're just jealous cuz you ain't got no sticky.. Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
When they finally got rid of Hart, you knew there was hope for this team. FF to now and sure enough, 4-2.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 07:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: At the beginning of the season how many of you predicted we would beat the Ravens on the road?

Now how many of you will melt down if it does not happen?

Never be "satisfied" with a loss.  But at the same time try to keep some perspective.

I know you are just trying to make the gameday thread more tolerable.  I will only "melt down" (for a very short while) if this isn't a game.  If the Bengals get toasted, I will be very disappointed. 

The amazing thing is I have almost 100% confidence that will not happen.  They may not pull out the win, but I see them being very competitive.  I'm hoping for some fourth quarter magic from Burrow.  
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2021, 03:03 AM)GodFather Wrote: Goes together like peanut butter and jelly....

Yep, and I'll wear the home label with pride. I find it much more enjoyable to focus on the good things this team is doing across the board, than to wallow in misery like some posters (not you) do. I've seen them go to 2 Super Bowls and.lived through the 90's where the hope was we wouldn't lose EVERY game. Much more fun to look to the positives, and this incarnation of the Bengals has a lot to be happy about.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 10:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That said, I think we beat the Ravens 41-17. This team is built to take on Lamar. We loaded up on run stoppers and corners who can tackle on the outside.

And we all know Lamar ain't beating Burrow with his arm, so...

Mellow
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 07:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Mellow

No one will notice.... it's perfectly fine.  Ninja

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 07:13 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: No one will notice.... it's perfectly fine.  Ninja

Notice what? Smirk
Reply/Quote