Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Just run, and homie go get it"
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/08/marvin-jones-andy-dalton-trusts-us-to-go-and-get-deep-balls/
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
That's a good line.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2015, 11:37 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/08/marvin-jones-andy-dalton-trusts-us-to-go-and-get-deep-balls/
I read that the other day.

This was the quote that stood out to me the most:

“We’re at a point right now where Andy really trusts us to be there, even if we haven’t separated from the corner, he knows we’re gonna get the separation,”

Remember how quickly Dalton had the ball out of his hand as a rookie?  To me, this says that he's been holding the ball longer and longer each season due to a lack of trust with what the WRs were going to do.  So far this season he's been letting it rip fast as hell, and now we know why.  So his regression over the prior two seasons was a function of trust, in my view.

EDIT:  I didn't make the "trusts us to be there" orange.  Not sure why it is, but I don't want anyone to think I was putting extra emphasis on that segment.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's been awhile since we had so many guys who can flat out go get the ball all healthy and playing at the same time so it's tough to pin it all on one guy. I think Andy has always been really close to being where he's at now and knock on wood if everyone stays healthy the whole season he's gonna put up some really gawdy numbers by seasons end.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Andys throws this year have been money, the ball has been placed perfectly the majority of the throws giving our WR's the opportunity to make the plays.

Congrats to Andy on the "touch" he has on his passes this year and extra Props to the line for giving him time to make the throws!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 10:24 PM)corpjet Wrote: Andys throws this year have been money, the ball has been placed perfectly the majority of the throws giving our WR's the opportunity to make the plays.

Congrats to Andy on the "touch" he has on his passes this year and extra Props to the line for giving him time to make the throws!

I love it when the receivers  and the ball get to same place at the same time.   
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2015, 10:02 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I read that the other day.

This was the quote that stood out to me the most:

“We’re at a point right now where Andy really trusts us to be there, even if we haven’t separated from the corner, he knows we’re gonna get the separation,”

Remember how quickly Dalton had the ball out of his hand as a rookie?  To me, this says that he's been holding the ball longer and longer each season due to a lack of trust with what the WRs were going to do.  So far this season he's been letting it rip fast as hell, and now we know why.  So his regression over the prior two seasons was a function of trust, in my view.

EDIT:  I didn't make the "trusts us to be there" orange.  Not sure why it is, but I don't want anyone to think I was putting extra emphasis on that segment.

I always felt a lot of his interceptions were attributed to people not being where they should be.
Reply/Quote