• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just saw my first real life hipster
Obligatory hipster meme..

[Image: 15747612_10154320244402297_8542976218061...e=58F017DC]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 12:23 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Yep. 

Not even really sure what makes someone a hipster other than stereotypes and judgement. 

Of course it is a judgement.

If you saw someone dressed like this . . .

[Image: AR-160909662.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667]

you would think they are a police officer.

[Image: 64074d35bb2dd55a075bb0f5a7ce3423.jpg]

a soldier

[Image: feature-locations.jpg]

a  doctor

[Image: 457771195-290.jpg]

a football player

[Image: Sarah_Tressler_pole_dancer_stripper_promo_shots.jpg]

a stripper

[Image: e5bbdd3e08b8f9d8d4f05a8f7e60a6b9.jpg]

a plumber

[Image: Toyota-RAV4-Hybrid-Lumberjack-commercial-760x391.png]

lumberjacks

[Image: il_340x270.658505661_i2am.jpg]

a woman

[Image: cfdf9a98c8e7bff5636af701ef466be5.jpg]

a hipster
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 09:23 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: [Image: Sarah_Tressler_pole_dancer_stripper_promo_shots.jpg]

a stripper

No, she's an "entertainer"!

Your post had me laughing though, as I immediately saw the cop and thought of the Dave Chapel routine where a women tells him she is not a ***** and he replies "but you are wearing a *****'s uniform".
Reply/Quote
I just got back from NYC and we spent a few hours in Williamsburg Brooklyn. We stopped at a coffee shop there for a cappuccino. Bearded and toqued wonders at every turn in that place.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 09:23 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Of course it is a judgement.

If you saw someone dressed like this . . .

[Image: AR-160909662.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667]

you would think they are a police officer.

That's clearly a terrorist, pointing dangerous death-rays at innocent citizens.
He's accomplished, too.
You can tell from his dirty knees and stripes on his sleeves to remind him which way is up.
They gave him the SUV, so he can sit a little taller in the saddle and exude his authori-tah.
Ninja

I'm joking, of course.
I'm just viciously bored.
I even have a State Highway Patrol license plate frame on my vehicle.
You should see the people slow down when the get close enough to read it.
Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 12:42 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Lived there(Seattle)from late 80s to mid 90s.

Cost of living was much lower until the migration of California residents began(they were considered hipsters BTW).

It was not a trendy place when I moved there.  Some granola hippie/some rednecks/some average people.

Yes, you read that correctly.  There were and probably still are rednecks there.  Just like anywhere else.

The perception of Ohio is we could be Iowa.  The same to them.  Farmers and corn.

The other thing I found odd is that a lot of people on the west coast think New York state is New York City.

All skyscrapers, bustling streets, and traffic jams.

One time I told someone I had an uncle who owned a dairy farm in New York...  and he scratched his head.

"Where do they keep the cows in the city?"  LMAO

Lastly...I guarantee you scan certain areas ANYWHERE that has a metropolis and you'll find a "hipster".

Hey!  I'm from Iowa and I resemble that remark.    Tongue

We have a couple urban areas here.  Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Waterloo, quad cities, etc.......I'm sure you'll find a "hipster" somewhere in there. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 08:00 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I thought they were a myth.

Pics or it didn't happen. Tongue
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 02:25 PM)xxlt Wrote: Pics or it didn't happen. Tongue

[Image: 15894799_10158706403615377_8411254853616...e=58D8EC4D]
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote

[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 03:05 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: [Image: 15894799_10158706403615377_8411254853616...e=58D8EC4D]
That crap wasn't even cool when Gene Simmons done it.
Reply/Quote
I remember when hipsters invaded the Alibi Room because it was the worst bar in Chicago. Then Kevin and Vee had to hang up a banner announcing they were the biggest dive in Chicago and the hipsters fled.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
How did the hipster burn his tongue? He drank his coffee before it was cool.

Why are hipsters are so thin? They have skinny genes.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 09:23 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: [Image: Sarah_Tressler_pole_dancer_stripper_promo_shots.jpg]

a stripper

That's no stripper, dam you!!!!! That's my wife!!!!

Hilarious
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 06:02 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: That's clearly a terrorist, pointing dangerous death-rays at innocent citizens.
He's accomplished, too.
You can tell from his dirty knees and stripes on his sleeves to remind him which way is up.
They gave him the SUV, so he can sit a little taller in the saddle and exude his authori-tah.
Ninja

I'm joking, of course.
I'm just viciously bored.
I even have a State Highway Patrol license plate frame on my vehicle.
You should see the people slow down when the get close enough to read it.

Hilarious
That's pretty funny.  My memory is a bit fuzzy on this one as to if I actually saw this or heard about it through a friend.  Anyway the story involves a Ford Crown Victoria not marked but obviously used to be a cruiser, and the plates read "NOTACOP".  I thought that was pretty funny.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 12:23 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Yep. 

Not even really sure what makes someone a hipster other than stereotypes and judgement. 

Na it's a real thing. Kinda like goth freaks in the 90's. When I think of hipsters, I think of a guy that looks like this:

[Image: Jeremy_Davis_paramore.jpg]

Meticulously trimmed beard? Check.
Trendy swept over hair-do? Check.
Looks like he spends more time getting ready than a woman? Check.
Trendy glasses that look like something an accountant from the 50's would wear (and probably aren't needed)? Check.
Nose ring and ear gauge? Check.
Plus he's rocking a bow-tie for something other than prom? Check.
Probably listens to only bands you've never heard of? Probably a check.

Hipsters are definitely a real thing, although I do get them confused with "metrosexuals".

(01-02-2017, 12:42 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Lived there(Seattle)from late 80s to mid 90s.

Cost of living was much lower until the migration of California residents began(they were considered hipsters BTW).

It was not a trendy place when I moved there.  Some granola hippie/some rednecks/some average people.

Yes, you read that correctly.  There were and probably still are rednecks there.  Just like anywhere else.

The perception of Ohio is we could be Iowa.  The same to them.  Farmers and corn.

The other thing I found odd is that a lot of people on the west coast think New York state is New York City.

All skyscrapers, bustling streets, and traffic jams.

One time I told someone I had an uncle who owned a dairy farm in New York...  and he scratched his head.

"Where do they keep the cows in the city?"  LMAO

Lastly...I guarantee you scan certain areas ANYWHERE that has a metropolis and you'll find a "hipster".

My cousin - who had only lived in California at the time - was shocked when I mentioned going to wal-mart in Kentucky years ago. He thought it was nothing but farms and horses. Of course, when I think of Seattle, I think of grunge, coffee and hipsters. California is surfers, liberals and TMZ.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I'm pretty confused about what qualifies as a hipster. I've worn flannels almost daily from mid October thru February since 92 and always considered myself more of an unfrozen early 90's caveman than someone keeping up with trends.

As for musical preferences, I used to consider any EDM fan a hipster. Then I found out it was a popular genre among frat bros looking to do shitloads of drugs and hook up. I suppose I could consider anyone who listens to bands I haven't heard of a hipster, but I doubt that that theory holds water. Truth is I'm just middle-aged and extremely uncool.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2017, 02:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Na it's a real thing. Kinda like goth freaks in the 90's. When I think of hipsters, I think of a guy that looks like this:

[Image: Jeremy_Davis_paramore.jpg]

Meticulously trimmed beard? Check.
Trendy swept over hair-do? Check.
Looks like he spends more time getting ready than a woman? Check.
Trendy glasses that look like something an accountant from the 50's would wear (and probably aren't needed)? Check.
Nose ring and ear gauge? Check.
Plus he's rocking a bow-tie for something other than prom? Check.
Probably listens to only bands you've never heard of? Probably a check.

"I've been on a Spongebath Orgasm kick lately.  The old stuff.  They went totally commercial.  Sold 1000 copies of their latest album.  Total sellout."
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 11:11 AM)michaelsean Wrote:   "I've been on a Spongebath Orgasm kick lately.  The old stuff.  They went totally commercial.  Sold 1000 copies of their latest album.  Total sellout."

Ugh. Spongebath Orgasm is so played out. Dishsoap Renegade 72 and The Unsavory Rapscallions are where it's at. 

*5 minutes later*

EDIT: Ok those bands have jumped the shark.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 01:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Ugh. Spongebath Orgasm is so played out. Dishsoap Renegade 72 and The Unsavory Rapscallions are where it's at. 

*5 minutes later*

Dude you were a Gader?  Why don't you just announce to the world that you are a Belieber and drink Starbucks?

If you have to listen to that genre, at least put on something tolerable like Autopsy Scar.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 01:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Ugh. Spongebath Orgasm is so played out. Dishsoap Renegade 72 and The Unsavory Rapscallions are where it's at. 

*5 minutes later*

Man what a bunch of blase note droppers... so weak.

Now if you REALLY want to treat your ears to amazement....

The Reptilian Howler Mangos are where it's at.

Not to be confused with Jo Jo Mango And The Howling Reptilians... that band is for nose-picking cretins!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote