Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just trade up.
We could have had our pick of recievers if we would have just came off of maybe a 3rd or 4th round pick. Instead, we burn another first round pick on a corner.

MB does know draft day trades are allowed right
Reply/Quote
Everyone ready for a season with Tate as our #2? I sure am. Hey its better to have tate as our number 2, than trade a 3rd or 4th round pick to move up and grab a reciever.

To anyone's argument over not doing what we have to do to get first round reciever, Brandon tate is our #2.

Brandon
TATE
Reply/Quote
Trading up is almost always sucker's game. The draft is a crapshoot, and there are very few sure things, and none of the WRs this year were good enough to be on the "sure thing" list. The best way to be sure you get something good is to use your picks to get more players, and see who pans out. There will be WRs available in the 2nd round and beyond.
Reply/Quote
Do you even follow this team?

Brandon LaFell is the #2.

I'm not worried about getting a WR in the first. I don't see much difference between the 4 that just went off the board and the 2nd wave of guys.
Reply/Quote
LOL at Tate the #2. Better chance of getting cut in camp.

As I've said for weeks, Sterling Shepard is the guy I want.
Reply/Quote
Eifert is essentially the 2.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:09 AM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: LOL at Tate the #2. Better chance of getting cut in camp.

Same, Sterling Shepard will be ideal.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:09 AM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: LOL at Tate the #2.  Better chance of getting cut in camp.

I'm onboard with you on Shepard, sure hope he's there for us!
Reply/Quote
I like Shepard because of his polish, his work ethic and he's going to contribute right away. He doesn't have the elite potential like Coleman, but we don't need that. We need a contributor now.
Reply/Quote
The receiver we would've picked would've been blanketed by Jackson lll twice a year. Ninja
Reply/Quote
Shepard isn't going to be there for us in round 2. And I know we signed lafell but you seriously think he's a number 2? The guy has been on a steady decline with injuries since he had a DECENT year, years ago.
They let a 5th round pick get in the way of you and the reciever of your choice, and instead are ok with Brandon tate as our number 2
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:18 AM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: I like Shepard because of his polish, his work ethic and he's going to contribute right away.  He doesn't have the elite potential like Coleman, but we don't need that.  We need a contributor now.

I like Shepard alot also.. he might slide with the run on WRs late in 1st round and the depth of Dline and lack of LBs taken.. he just might slip enough for us to take him ... or Thomas from OSU 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Oh I don't think Shepard will last, but there's still time to make a move for him.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:22 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: The receiver we would've picked would've been blanketed by Jackson lll twice a year. Ninja

Now instead he'll cover our bench for 2 or 3 years.
Reply/Quote
Shepard, Carroo, and Braverman are WR I'd like to see them go for tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:27 AM)zygrot24 Wrote: Now instead he'll cover our bench for 2 or 3 years.

nope.. will be seeing action this year as nickle corner.. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 11:59 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: We could have had our pick of recievers if we would have just came off of maybe a 3rd or 4th round pick. Instead, we burn another first round pick on a corner.

MB does know draft day trades are allowed right

It takes two teams to trade.  It is not always possible to trade up when none of the teams there want to trade down.
Reply/Quote
Since Vikings took treadwell they will cut Cordarrelle Patterson.  Bengals will sign him and turn him into an All Pro.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:25 AM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Oh I don't think Shepard will last, but there's still time to make a move for him.

He wont be there and, I will be pissed if we make a move for a 2nd round pick when we had the best 2 under our freakin nose in the first. Lost to former coaches to top it off. F Gruden, F Zimmer, hell F Hue but most of all F Mikey Brown for not having the balls to move up 2 spots to get one of the 2 best in the draft. Houston gave up a 6th round pick, we couldnt top that. Pretty pissed and just ranting. I want WR Garrett in the 3rd but we might have to take him in the 2nd if he's there. I guess it's best they were gone cause I think we had this Corner higher on our board anyway, so that would have pissed me off even more. Think i will pass out now.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 01:14 AM)TKUHL Wrote: He wont be there and, I will be pissed if we make a move for a 2nd round pick when we had the best 2 under our freakin nose in the first. Lost to former coaches to top it off. F Gruden, F Zimmer, hell F Hue but most of all F Mikey Brown for not having the balls to move up 2 spots to get one of the 2 best in the draft. Houston gave up a 6th round pick, we couldnt top that. Pretty pissed and just ranting. I want WR Garrett in the 3rd but we might have to take him in the 2nd if he's there. I guess it's best they were gone cause I think we had this Corner higher on our board anyway, so that would have pissed me off even more. Think i will pass out now.

Totally disagree.. never liked this draft for a top top WR... not a WR was even in the talks for top 10 to 12 pick... why reach for a WR in 1st round... no way... we picked up a veteran WR in FA.. really Eiffert is our 2nd WR anyway.. to stop Pittsburgh will not be at WR but adding depth to our backfield which we did with Jackson....   
Reply/Quote