Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just trade up.
Now that several people are mad the burning question is: What are you going to do about it? Kick the neighbors dog?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Bengals value picks. You should know that. It's a weak WR class and none of them were worth trading a fourth for. Michael Thomas, Sterling Shepard and Tyler Boyd are still there and they are damn good WRs. Michael Thomas is rumored to be their favorite WR anyway.

If you take any stock in PFF they rated him as a top ten pick and the corner with the best ball skills. He is amazing insurance incase Jones starts to show his age or if Kirk doesn't take the next step. It is a great pick.

Oh, and Tate won't be the number 2.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 01:14 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Since Vikings took treadwell they will cut Cordarrelle Patterson.  Bengals will sign him and turn him into an All Pro.

Not everything from Tennessee is shiny and made of gold, Fred.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:23 AM)zygrot24 Wrote: Shepard isn't going to be there for us in round 2. And I know we signed lafell but you seriously think he's a number 2? The guy has been on a steady decline with injuries since he had a DECENT year, years ago.
They let a 5th round pick get in the way of you and the reciever of your choice, and instead are ok with Brandon tate as our number 2

Actually just 2 years ago with the Patriots he had a very good year. Do you actually know what steady decline means? He actually started to get better late in the year after coming back from injury. He is exactly a #2 WR. He won't be our #2 option though. Eifert is that person. Plus we have Kroft, Wright, Bernard, Burkhead, and Alford who they like and can all be playmakers. We will still get a WR. Plenty of good ones left. Boyd, Shepard, Listenbee, Cooper, Thomas, Miller, etc. Way to over exaggerate the situation.
I know I am biased since I wanted William Jackson III from the very start but you should not be so mad about the pick. We didn't reach and we got a grade A player. I think the before mentioned WRs aren't much different than the ones who got picked in the first. I actually like some of them more. I am floating high right now because of our pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:23 AM)zygrot24 Wrote: Shepard isn't going to be there for us in round 2. And I know we signed lafell but you seriously think he's a number 2? The guy has been on a steady decline with injuries since he had a DECENT year,  years ago.
They let a 5th round pick get in the way of you and the reciever of your choice, and instead are ok with Brandon tate as our number 2

What are you talking about? LaFell has been more productive than Marvin Jones, AND he's been more durable than Jones too. I think it's hilarious that some people just want to blow smoke when they have no clue what they're talking about.
Reply/Quote
People act like the great Marvin Jones and Mo Sanu were both irreplaceable 1st rounders.

They weren't.

2/3/4 round WRs are more than good enough to be WR2/3 (and receiving option 4/5) in our system. Here's to stacking the DL tonight then drafting value at WR :)
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:05 AM)zygrot24 Wrote: Everyone ready for a season with Tate as our #2? I sure am. Hey its better to have tate as our number 2, than trade a 3rd or 4th round pick to move up and grab a reciever.

To anyone's argument over not doing what we have to do to get first round reciever, Brandon tate is our #2.

Brandon
TATE

Please put down that pipe....
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 11:59 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: We could have had our pick of recievers if we would have just came off of maybe a 3rd or 4th round pick. Instead, we burn another first round pick on a corner.

MB does know draft day trades are allowed right

The Texans traded up from 21 to 20 and only had to give up a 2017 6th rounder, which is the equivalent of a 2016 7th rounder. The Bengals likely could have made the trade with, at worst, a 2016 5th rounder. But who knows, as Washington might not have wanted to trade back that far and miss out on their WR.

I blame the Browns and Washington in all of this, as they traded back and took WRs unexpectedly.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:05 AM)zygrot24 Wrote: Everyone ready for a season with Tate as our #2? I sure am. Hey its better to have tate as our number 2, than trade a 3rd or 4th round pick to move up and grab a reciever.

To anyone's argument over not doing what we have to do to get first round reciever, Brandon tate is our #2.

Brandon
TATE

your lack of team knowledge makes it seem pointless to respond but you do know we hire this guy named lafell right and the draft is not over?
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 09:24 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The Texans traded up from 21 to 20 and only had to give up a 2017 6th rounder, which is the equivalent of a 2016 7th rounder. The Bengals likely could have made the trade with, at worst, a 2016 5th rounder. But who knows, as Washington might not have wanted to trade back that far and miss out on their WR.

Exactly.

People can't blame the Bengals for not making a trade when it is possible there was no team that wanted to trade with them.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:27 AM)zygrot24 Wrote: Now instead he'll cover our bench for 2 or 3 years.

He can pull Reggie Nelson's hair if we run into the Raiders in the playoffs
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Why would you ever trade up? if your mad at the Bengals be mad at them for not trading down.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote