Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just tried LaRosa's pizza
I was visiting in the Dublin area and I decided to get some pizza from LaRosa's. I don't know if the quality is much better in Cincinnati but I wasn't impressed with the Columbus area one.

Thoughts? Opinions? Maybe it was just the Dublin location...
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 12:17 PM)magikod Wrote: I was visiting in the Dublin area and I decided to get some pizza from LaRosa's. I don't know if the quality is much better in Cincinnati but I wasn't impressed with the Columbus area one.

Meh...It's not that super important to me.  I grew up on LaRosa's as well Skyline, and Montgomery Inn, I've heard Critics on all of them.  It's just pizza, I think people get a bit over critical about pizza.  I've had friends that have introduced me to real "NY style" pizza, and I was like "ehh...not terrible, but I don't see why you're raving about it".  Skyline I can understand the criticism, it's definitely different.  People from the Nati usually love it (I just had it yesterday), but others from outside say it's gross, to each their own.  I do love some Montgomery Inn, and most usually do.  However I have heard some BBQ snobs out there critical of them, but what evs.  There is all kinds of BBQ in different regions and ways to prepare it.  I personally love trying all of it.

Rock On
Reply/Quote
Being critical of a place that boils their ribs isn't snobbery...it's just respecting real BBQers across this great nation.
Supporting boiled ribs is anti-American and pro-communism.
U-S-A!
U-S-A!
U-S-A!
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 12:17 PM)magikod Wrote: I was visiting in the Dublin area and I decided to get some pizza from LaRosa's. I don't know if the quality is much better in Cincinnati but I wasn't impressed with the Columbus area one.

Advice Larosas Dont eat it..

My least favorite Pizza place of all time. No reason to eat bad pizza when there are plenty of other better pizza places available.
Reply/Quote
LaRosa's is meh. It's just too overpriced now.
Few years back it was good for the cost.

Better than getting shitty Papa Johns.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 01:25 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Being critical of a place that boils their ribs isn't snobbery...it's just respecting real BBQers across this great nation.
U-S-A!
U-S-A!
U-S-A!

Did you use to work there?  How do you know they are boiled?
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 01:35 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Did you use to work there?  How do you know they are boiled?

Really? You had never heard that before? 
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 01:37 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Really? You had never heard that before? 

Ohhh...I've heard it before.  Just curious where you heard that?
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 01:40 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Ohhh...I've heard it before.  Just curious where you heard that?

That's all I've ever heard about it...
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 01:45 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: That's all I've ever heard about it...

I know I've heard that too.  And it's absolutely false, by people that want to hate on them.

Look I used to work there. 

If people don't like them fine, no skin off my back, but let's not make crap up.  You said you "heard" that, which would suggest to me that you haven't tried it.  I would say try it then judge it, if you still don't like it?  That's fine, like I said no skin of my back.

While I was there I personally took care of Sam Wyche, Johnny Bench, and Pete Rose.  3 presidents have dinned there, Ford, Reagan, and Bush Jr. and countless other celebs.  In the time that I was there, I rarely had any complaints. 
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 01:28 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Advice Larosas Dont eat it..

My least favorite Pizza place of all time.  No reason to eat bad pizza when there are plenty of other better pizza places available.

Yeah but I figured I'd give it a shot since it was a Cincinnati company. I learned my lesson! haha

I do love Skyline though! 
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 01:25 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Being critical of a place that boils their ribs isn't snobbery...it's just respecting real BBQers across this great nation.
U-S-A!
U-S-A!
U-S-A!

I'm afraid I must concur......6 hours of love with a stick burner is a whole 'nother ball game versus tossin' 'em in a vat of hot water.

U-S-A!
U-S-A!
U-S-A!

LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 02:01 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I know I've heard that too.  And it's absolutely false, by people that want to hate on them.

If people don't like them fine, no skin off my back, but let's not make crap up.  You said you "heard" that, which would suggest to me that you haven't tried it.  I would say try it then judge it, if you still don't like it?  That's fine, like I said no skin of my back.

While I was there I personally took care of Sam Wyche, Johnny Bench, and Pete Rose.  3 presidents have dinned there, Ford, Reagan, and Bush Jr. and countless other celebs.  In the time that I was there, I rarely had any complaints. 

(06-05-2015, 02:35 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'm afraid I must concur......6 hours of love with a stick burner is a whole 'nother ball game versus tossin' 'em in a vat of hot water.

U-S-A!
U-S-A!
U-S-A!

LMAO

Above.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 02:01 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I know I've heard that too.  And it's absolutely false, by people that want to hate on them.

So how do they cook 'em?  I've always heard they were boiled.....and I don't see a smoke ring.....

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 02:37 PM)Wyche Wrote: So how do they cook 'em?  I've always heard they were boiled.....and I don't see a smoke ring.....

Well first of all they aren't "cooked" on site any more and certainly not "to order" that would be impossible.  The Montgomery location (where I worked, and the original) can hold at full capacity (including the 300 in banquets) over 900 people.  However they are still prepared traditionally and slowly at a separate site dedicated to the ribs, pulled pork and brisket (chicken and duck are prepared in house), Then they are sent to the various locations.  They were already fully cooked when we got them, put them in the melt and finish them off with the sauce and plate it.  The sauce is prepared off site now as well.

Bob Hope had them sent to his southern California home almost weekly.  He and Ted Gregory (the founder of Montgomery Inn) were good friends.
Reply/Quote

Most overrated pizza ever. The quality sucks (everything is frozen) and the taste isn't anything special. You can get much better pies elsewhere. 

And im from Cincinnati. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 01:37 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Really? You had never heard that before? 

I used to work there. Im not sure if they are boiled but I know for a fact they are cooked on a conveyor. That might be after the boil, though. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 03:02 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Well first of all they aren't "cooked" on site any more and certainly not "to order" that would be impossible.  The Montgomery location (where I worked, and the original) can hold at full capacity (including the 300 in banquets) over 900 people.  However they are still prepared traditionally and slowly at a separate site dedicated to the ribs, pulled pork and brisket (chicken and duck are prepared in house), Then they are sent to the various locations.  They were already fully cooked when we got them, put them in the melt and finish them off with the sauce and plate it.  The sauce is prepared off site now as well.

Bob Hope had them sent to his southern California home almost weekly.  He and Ted Gregory (the founder of Montgomery Inn) were good friends.

ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 03:15 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I used to work there. Im not sure if they are boiled but I know for a fact they are cooked on a conveyor. That might be after the boil, though. 

You're correct, they are finished in the conveyor melt.  But they are cooked off site.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 03:14 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Most overrated pizza ever. The quality sucks (everything is frozen) and the taste isn't anything special. You can get much better pies elsewhere. 

And im from Cincinnati. 

Yeah plus they are terrible at slicing. Some slices were massive, lol.
Reply/Quote