Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Just watched all the offensive snaps and this is worse than we’re discussing
Dude literally is one one leg and can't move or throw effectively because of it. Trash Taylor putting the franchise in jeopardy so he can start an injured Burrow and score 3 points per game instead of 0 points with Browning.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 12:45 PM)impactplaya Wrote: This the 1st time Joe has dealt with adversity
And it's apparent he can't overcome it.

What about OSU to LSU? What about getting his leg brutally destroyed during his rookie season? Burrow's college and NFL careers have comprised dealing with adversity.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I hope, Housh, that because of your propensity for jinxing things actually works out in our favor. You said Mixon hadn't fumbled in who knows how long right before he fumbles. Now, you're saying Joe Burrow forgot how to play QB. I guess this means that on Sunday Burrow is going to put on a CLINIC and we will utterly destroy the Cardinals. Well done, sir. Well done. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 01:15 PM)Housh Wrote: Idc about ppl opinions on my takes. That’s y’all issue on here. You give Af what ppl think.

Y’all may be afraid for someone to question your take but that’s a dumbass way to post on here. If you are worried about how “smart” every one of your posts sounds you are going to come on here and say WILD shit like a guy going from top 3 QB to the worse QB in the league is due to a calf injury. A calf injury doesn’t affect your ability to look to your right.

Something else is up with Joe. No one is crazy for saying that. I even gave specific plays which highlight this.

No one is worried about what people think, but if you are going to rant and say something outlandish you will likely get push back.  Maybe Joe is doing crack and meth and the calf injury is just a coincidence......?  

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 12:58 PM)casear2727 Wrote: As if watching this team play pitiful football wasn't enough, we get to read comments like these that are more embarrassing than our stats.

Neither, however, are as bad as 1990s Bengals football.  Cry Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 01:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This can’t be a serious post. All he’s ever done is deal with adversity.

- In college it was injuries, Urban Meyer telling him he throws like a girl, and being stuck behind multiple other starters that resulted in him never getting a chance at Ohio St. So he transferred to LSU and all he did was go on to have the best college season of all time

- Then he was drafted by a team everyone told him to pull an Eli on

- Where he got his knee shredded behind a horrendous OL during his rookie season. He had them in the Super Bowl a year later

- Then his appendix burst when he was finally set to have his first real training camp/preseason. AFC Championship that went right down to the wire was how he responded that time

Appendix, shredded knee 2 medical procedures 
That medical science can ensure you are 100% guaranteed to make a full recovery. 

But this a unique adversity for Joe in which he 
Is not performing up to expectations he is staring a 
Potential 1 and 4 record right in the mirror 
Oh yeah this team was expected to challenge for a SB this year. He is failing this year 
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 01:28 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Appendix, shredded knee 2 medical procedures 
That medical science can ensure you are 100% guaranteed to make a full recovery. 

Oh yeah this team was expected to challenge for a SB this year. He is failing this year 

Hilarious   Just out of curioustiy, how many surgeries you recover from?  
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 01:28 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Appendix, shredded knee 2 medical procedures 

He is failing, but it certainly not because:

"This the 1st time Joe has dealt with adversity
And it's apparent he can't overcome it."

The level of ignorance here is crazy, the guy has experienced a ton of adversity.   How do you NOT know this?

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 01:30 PM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: Hilarious   Just out of curioustiy, how many surgeries you recover from?  

Quick question: why does your username have Frerotte in it but your picture is of Bruce Coslet? No judgement, just curious.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 01:33 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Quick question: why does your username have Frerotte in it but your picture is of Bruce Coslet? No judgement, just curious.

Because I wanted to honor an quarterback and coach who can actually overcome adversity.  
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 01:33 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Quick question: why does your username have Frerotte in it but your picture is of Bruce Coslet? No judgement, just curious.

He's paying homage to multiple Bengals greats?
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 01:17 PM)Housh Wrote: So a calf is causing him to not throw the ball 5 feet to his wide open RB or TE?

One side of the board is of the extreme that his calf is the only reason he sucks and the other side is saying he should be ok.

I’m in the middle…..firmly

I think one side of the board is:  Joe is injured and playing like $hit because of it.

And 2 people are saying:  He forgot how to play and cant deal with adversity.

These are the only 2 sides.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 01:32 PM)casear2727 Wrote: He is failing, but it certainly not because:

"This the 1st time Joe has dealt with adversity

And it's apparent he can't overcome it."

The level of ignorance here is crazy, the guy has experienced a ton of adversity.   How do you NOT know this?

Classic moving of the goalposts. It went from “he’s never dealt with adversity” to “He’s never dealt with this specific adversity.”

This is honestly the craziest I’ve ever seen this board. Which is really saying something.

Reply/Quote
His mechanics are a mess and he's a mess mentally because of the calf. Just another reason to ***** sit the guy.

This ***** organization and coaching staff are ruining this dude. They are his ***** at this point and will do and let him do whatever he wants.

Just wait till he gets injured even worse because he can't move that's when it'll get REALLY bad.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Burrow was missing wide open WRs out there, got the same impression while watching the game. Chase won a lot of matchups but Burrow either just looked at the wrong side or refused to throw. Burrow should give Chase the "Justin Jefferson treatment", just target Chase like 10-12 times per game, this is how Jefferson is carrying the Vikings offense on his back this season. Just give Chase the ball and let him get extra yards, we know he can do that.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 01:15 PM)Housh Wrote: Idc about ppl opinions on my takes. That’s y’all issue on here. You give Af what ppl think.

Y’all may be afraid for someone to question your take but that’s a dumbass way to post on here. If you are worried about how “smart” every one of your posts sounds you are going to come on here and say WILD shit like a guy going from top 3 QB to the worse QB in the league is due to a calf injury. A calf injury doesn’t affect your ability to look to your right.

Something else is up with Joe. No one is crazy for saying that. I even gave specific plays which highlight this.

I have never given a **** about what anyone thinks: I don't compromise myself for anyone/anything.

Know your position before talking about other peoples'.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Just... shut up.

Do us all a favour.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 01:10 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Housh, brother, your takes at times...  I havent played ball in over 20 years and I havent forgotten how to play.  Burrow played in the AFCCG 9 months ago, pretty sure he hasnt forgotten anything.

Saying it's hyperbolic or exaggeration doesnt make it any better, it is a terrible way to put it.  Regardless, physical or mental, the calf is the source of the bad play.  It is dumb to suggest it isnt, there is no doubt it has impacted his entire play on the field. 

You just reminded me it's been close to thirty years since I played, thanks. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 01:40 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Just... shut up.

Do us all a favour.

You got to write it the way he does:

Just ...
shut up

Do us
all a
favour

Mellow
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 01:13 PM)casear2727 Wrote: You think his mental issues are forgetting how to play?  You dont understand how the immobility and inability to plant & throw could be caused but the calf injury?

I actually played ball and boxed semi-pro, I can tell you that injuries can have a major impact on the physical and mental aspects of your game.  Yes Joe sucks all the way around right now, but to suggest the injury is not the reason makes no sense.

I don't think there's any doubt it's physical AND mental at this point. Housh is right, he's missing wide open targets. He has been since the Cleveland game. I think your reasoning behind that is correct as well.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote